Login

russian armor

how to change hotkeys

3 Apr 2014, 12:21 PM

Permanently Banned
as a title say, we need progrem for that, but which one and how?
3 Apr 2014, 12:33 PM

I use autohotkey, give it a try.
3 Apr 2014, 12:36 PM

Download Autohotkey, install it. Create a text file and copy a script text into it. Rename textfilename.txt into textfilename.ahk .

I personally did move that file into my autostart programs so I dont have to bother activating it each time before i play CoH2.

Im using that one (which only works properly if you deactivate classic hotkeys in the options) :

The script is only active if youre in CoH2, you can disable the script in CoH2 by pressing f11(short beep) and reactivate it with f11 (long beep). Grenades and stuff like that are on the 4th and 5th mouse button, tac map on mid mouse, attack here command on B and you move your cam with wasd.
Because it simply replaces a key with another key chatting is a problem, however if you press enter/shift+enter to chat ingame the script will be deactivated until you hit enter again (to send the message). Inconvenient is chatting in the steam overlay, because the script will activate and deactivate itself every time you send a message there with enter. Kind of stupid but thats what ive been using since the release of the game
3 Apr 2014, 13:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2014, 12:33 PMwuff
I use autohotkey, give it a try.

The download button redirects to a page with a lot of links, which one exactly am I looking for?
3 Apr 2014, 13:57 PM
Donator 11

Download Autohotkey, install it. Create a text file and copy a script text into it. Rename textfilename.txt into textfilename.ahk .

I personally did move that file into my autostart programs so I dont have to bother activating it each time before i play CoH2.

Im using that one (which only works properly if you deactivate classic hotkeys in the options) :

The script is only active if youre in CoH2, you can disable the script in CoH2 by pressing f11(short beep) and reactivate it with f11 (long beep). Grenades and stuff like that are on the 4th and 5th mouse button, tac map on mid mouse, attack here command on B and you move your cam with wasd.
Because it simply replaces a key with another key chatting is a problem, however if you press enter/shift+enter to chat ingame the script will be deactivated until you hit enter again (to send the message). Inconvenient is chatting in the steam overlay, because the script will activate and deactivate itself every time you send a message there with enter. Kind of stupid but thats what ive been using since the release of the game

Thank you!!
3 Apr 2014, 16:49 PM

I am still baffled by this. Why on Earth not a single Relic game has customizable hotkeys, every AAA RTS game has such a feature. QWERTY keyboards users can handle the default hotkeys but southpaws and players with other keyboard layouts such as me (AZERTY) truly suffer, my micro and APM could be much better.

I will try that program, thanks for sharing.
11 Apr 2014, 08:56 AM

Permanently Banned

which language is that code? That ";" means comments right?

edit: i am gonne put my file there ,but it is hard because i have to check which key is which. Seriusly WTTTTF relic, you cant put a damn image from keyboard about which key do what.
11 Apr 2014, 09:20 AM

Permanently Banned

It is with old hotkeys. This is how it looks now, I dont changed the combat groups, so they remain like the old. Can we do something like that the Up,Down,Left,Right goes to instant t1 t2 t3 t4?
16 Apr 2014, 21:57 PM

A game launched in 2013 that doesn't allow you to change the hotkeys... hue hue Relic
16 Apr 2014, 22:03 PM

Tis pretty pathetic. To make matters worse they didn't even put any thought into they hotkey lay out.
16 Apr 2014, 22:40 PM

Select "Classic Hotkey" -> Off in the game option.
And use the below autohotkey script, you may love it.

26 Apr 2014, 00:36 AM

Hello all,

I just scripted a bit for AutoHotKey, and want to share it with you, maybe it will help you! I extended the code which was posted by Senseo1990, so you can turn AutoHotKey on/off with F11, if it's on, and you press Enter or Shift+Enter for Chat, AutoHotKey is disabled, when pressing again Enter again (Send message) it is enabled again. But when you switch ATH off with F11, Enter does not toogle on/off anymore.

cheers!
16 May 2014, 12:19 PM

Permanently Banned
Thanks Sno0og

back to topic, there is:

;select_next_builder ={{ combo="Comma", remap=true }},
;select_next_infantry ={{ combo="Period", remap=true }},
;select_next_vehicle ={{ combo="Slash", remap=true }},

;select_next_idle_builder ={{ combo="Alt+Comma", remap=true }},
;select_next_idle_infantry ={{ combo="Alt+Period", remap=true }},
;select_next_idle_vehicle ={{ combo="Alt+Slash", remap=true }},

how can i change that if i press "0" it would jump between the engineers so ;select_next_idle_builder ={{ combo="Alt+Comma", remap=true }},

16 May 2014, 12:44 PM

Does anyone know how to suspend the script when chatting?
16 May 2014, 13:16 PM

Does anyone know how to suspend the script when chatting?

#IfWinActive, Company Of Heroes 2
XButton1::Numpad0
~Enter::Suspend
+~Enter::Suspend
return

This the code that I use, enter suspends so you can type normally in the chat.

Edit: damn smileys, well after the : comes another : and an S :D
16 May 2014, 13:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2014, 00:36 AMSnoOog
Hello all,

I just scripted a bit for AutoHotKey, and want to share it with you, maybe it will help you! I extended the code which was posted by Senseo1990, so you can turn AutoHotKey on/off with F11, if it's on, and you press Enter or Shift+Enter for Chat, AutoHotKey is disabled, when pressing again Enter again (Send message) it is enabled again. But when you switch ATH off with F11, Enter does not toogle on/off anymore.

Thanks a lot, very nice. The chat-enabling/disabling was extremely annoying when using the steam overlay before. Good work
16 May 2014, 13:40 PM

Permanently Banned
i got it : = !. so
this is how it looks my code now.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak