Login

russian armor

Rifle Grenades

PAGES (16)down
8 Apr 2014, 11:59 AM

some people don't seem to understand the problem.Lets say we have a conscript squad. And an Mg-42 with a gren squad.Oorah molotov costs the same as the riflegrenade

nope.

And there I was thinking 10+15=25.
I guess you have a different conception on that.
Or you tried to say molotovs+oorah is more expensive, because it needs upgrade, then you are absolutely right.

Not going to address rest of the silly bias. This line was entertaining enough.
Neo
8 Apr 2014, 12:02 PM

Not going to address rest of the silly bias. This line was entertaining enough.

Katitof, my advice to you and anyone else interested in a balanced discussion is to not address ANY of this guy's posts and just ignore them. He'll get bored of spamming his biased nonsense after a while and retreat back to the official forums.
8 Apr 2014, 12:05 PM

Or you tried to say molotovs+oorah is more expensive, because it needs upgrade, then you are absolutely right.

Yes. Thank you.
8 Apr 2014, 12:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2014, 12:02 PMNeo

Katitof, my advice to you and anyone else interested in a balanced discussion is to not address ANY of this guy's posts and just ignore them. He'll get bored of spamming his biased nonsense after a while and retreat back to the official forums.

Congratulations, you finally made it into a real jerk.
8 Apr 2014, 17:38 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2014, 11:10 AMJaigen

Their are more options for the soviets to remove mg42's. their are no options for the germans to remove maxims. Until the maxim can be properly flanked the riflenade should stay. But sumply put both the maxim and the mg42 need a major overhaul they are both worthless

what more options do soviets have? just curious
8 Apr 2014, 18:03 PM
Patrion 310

some people don't seem to understand the problem.Lets say we have a conscript squad. And an Mg-42 with a gren squad.Oorah molotov costs the same as the riflegrenade

nope.

By nope do you mean yes or did you fail maths in school?

however, while getting close, conscripts will take considerable damage and will lose atleast 3 crewmembers

If they attack through the middle of the road.

They would probably lose a guy or two even if the mg42 wasnt there.

At best, they can kill 2 crewmembers, often , they wont kill anything.

If german players repositions in due time his mg, there are 50% chances for the mg not to lose one model, and 50% chances to lose one model. If german player doesn't move his mg in due time, he might lose between 3 and all crew members

If the mg42 is already moving when the molotov is thrown, there is a decent chance they wont even lose 1 guy, might lose a bit of hp but nothing drastic. If he doesnt move his mg, there is a high chance of him losing 1 guy but I've never seen a molotov do more than that on a full hp mg42 or any other german squad. You would only lose 3 or all if you stood in the fire, but we all know standing in the fire is bad

Now lets say we have a grenadier approaching a maxmim,while 1 conscript squad is gaurding it. Maxim surpresses grenadiers, and grenadiers fire rifle nade. They kill 3 men, which is 45 manpower

2, 3, or 4 men, depening on situation.

Or 6? Look I have a video (evidence rather than German Bias) :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z587yNA2KbY Where is your video showing an mg42 losing 3 or 4 guys the instant the molotov hits?

And grens retreat with probaly no losses ( might have lost one)

Yes, if maxim is alone. If 1 con squad is next to maxim like in your example, be sure they will lose more.

Why would the Grenadier squad lose men if there were conscripts there? Doesn't take long to walk up and rifle grenade it and squad wipe it (you know, that thing german players always complain about) and then just hit retreat.

So there you have it folks, that is the problem. Grenadiers can assault maxim and inflict manpower losses while losing no manpower, while soviets can assault an mg for and cause some manpower losses, but probaly taking more while doing so.

Not convinced.

Not convinced of what? I already proved how easy it is for a riflenade to hurt a maxim squad. You have not given any evidence regarding how molotovs can instant kill 3 or 4 mg42 crew members except with your excessive German bias whining.
8 Apr 2014, 18:06 PM

Dependent on luck or maybe you in 90% situations you killing 4 guards and making 360 mp unit useless? And that only for 25 munition. And you can spam this OP nades whole game and wiping everything.
8 Apr 2014, 19:18 PM

To Puppetmaster: but I've never seen a molotov do more than that on a full hp mg42 or any other german squad.

Well, tbh never saw a rifle grenade killing an entire 6 men maxim squad untill you posted that video, so I saw it's possible. Same thing with molotov. Never believed it until saw it. And that mg42 squad was as clumped as the maxim squad in your video. Couldn't believe it how fast they died.

I guess bad luck is a possibility for both factions.
8 Apr 2014, 19:32 PM

To Puppetmaster: but I've never seen a molotov do more than that on a full hp mg42 or any other german squad.

Well, tbh never saw a rifle grenade killing an entire 6 men maxim squad untill you posted that video, so I saw it's possible. Same thing with molotov. Never believed it until saw it. And that mg42 squad was as clumped as the maxim squad in your video. Couldn't believe it how fast they died.

I guess bad luck is a possibility for both factions.

Main problem in insta wiping squads from the range.

You put molotov and rifle nade in one row. I think molotov throwing range should be same with rifle nade. So then they will be equivalent, without long time burning/damaging of course, that mean you can wipe Mg42 crew insta fast and from range with no risk and loses.
Rifle nade shouldn't kill more than 2 man in infantry and 3 man in support team squads + infantry don't taking damage on the retreat after they almost wiped by another rifle nade.
Squad wipe problem solved.
8 Apr 2014, 19:41 PM

Actually, the chance to instaburn whole full HP squad by molotov is about 0.00000625, so if you have seen it Heini, I'd either, play some lottery or avoid going outside during storm if I was you.

And rifle nades are so extremely potent, because Relic went full retard again with improving grenades, increasing small arms damage and leaving 25% bonus damage on weapon teams in game.

Makes as much sense as giving osttruppen cost of normal unit, but still keep its 50% capping speed.
9 Apr 2014, 06:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2014, 19:32 PMNEVEC

Main problem in insta wiping squads from the range.

You put molotov and rifle nade in one row. I think molotov throwing range should be same with rifle nade. So then they will be equivalent, without long time burning/damaging of course, that mean you can wipe Mg42 crew insta fast and from range with no risk and loses.
Rifle nade shouldn't kill more than 2 man in infantry and 3 man in support team squads + infantry don't taking damage on the retreat after they almost wiped by another rifle nade.
Squad wipe problem solved.

That's actually common sense I guess.
9 Apr 2014, 06:04 AM

Actually, the chance to instaburn whole full HP squad by molotov is about 0.00000625, so if you have seen it Heini, I'd either, play some lottery or avoid going outside during storm if I was you.

And rifle nades are so extremely potent, because Relic went full retard again with improving grenades, increasing small arms damage and leaving 25% bonus damage on weapon teams in game.

Makes as much sense as giving osttruppen cost of normal unit, but still keep its 50% capping speed.

Saw it, but I really don't know how to extract it from the replay :facepalm:. But then, you should also go play to the lottery because you would see it too.:) Happend to my teammate.
9 Apr 2014, 07:00 AM

nope.

however, while getting close, conscripts will take considerable damage and will lose atleast 3 crewmembers

If they attack through the middle of the road.

At best, they can kill 2 crewmembers, often , they wont kill anything.

If german players repositions in due time his mg, there are 50% chances for the mg not to lose one model, and 50% chances to lose one model. If german player doesn't move his mg in due time, he might lose between 3 and all crew members

Now lets say we have a grenadier approaching a maxmim,while 1 conscript squad is gaurding it. Maxim surpresses grenadiers, and grenadiers fire rifle nade. They kill 3 men, which is 45 manpower

2, 3, or 4 men, depening on situation.

And grens retreat with probaly no losses ( might have lost one)

Yes, if maxim is alone. If 1 con squad is next to maxim like in your example, be sure they will lose more.

So there you have it folks, that is the problem. Grenadiers can assault maxim and inflict manpower losses while losing no manpower, while soviets can assault an mg for and cause some manpower losses, but probaly taking more while doing so.

Not convinced.

i can't take anything you say seriously, too much bias
9 Apr 2014, 08:57 AM

i can't take anything you say seriously, too much bias

No pb man, you have the right not to.
9 Apr 2014, 09:52 AM

^xDDDDDDD
11 Apr 2014, 15:01 PM

I didn't have time to read all the bias that has been posted here but to address an opening post I think one of the problems with imbalance right now is rifle nades over performing. The damage is significant and quite constant. This combined with pretty decent range and relatively low cost makes them a no brainier really.
I was always convinced that molotovs due to their smaller range should be the more potent nade as it is a bit harder to make them effective.
I don't think reducing rifle nade blast radius is a way to balance it. I would love to see them consistent as they are now but I would tone their damage a bit.
Leaving them as they are but increasing ammo cost would be a valid solution as well.
11 Apr 2014, 15:03 PM
Patrion 15

Did they hotfix rifle nades? Cause they feel a lot less reliable now. I'm having lots of grenades land right in the middle of a squad huddled around the circle, only to do minimal or no damage.
11 Apr 2014, 15:30 PM

Did they hotfix rifle nades? Cause they feel a lot less reliable now. I'm having lots of grenades land right in the middle of a squad huddled around the circle, only to do minimal or no damage.

Nothing has changed.
11 Apr 2014, 15:56 PM

I would be glad to see riflenades removed if the Maxim would have less than 6 squad members and not change positions so quickly. The riflenade is to compensate for the larger Soviet Squad sizes which the squad can quickly retreat once it's riflenaded.

The same can be said for the mg42 once they get moltoved it's wise to retreat otherwise rng will do it's job. The effectiveness of grenades into Machinegun removal depends on your luck. In a riflenade to maxim situation the effectiveness of the grenade depends on whether or not the other squad members bunch up. Squad members bunching up cannot be controlled the player therefore it requires a bit of luck for the German player to kill most of the mg crew. As for Moltovs and MG42, this relys on rng because sometimes 3 full hp squad members just get wiped instantly or they take little to no damage at all.
Neo
11 Apr 2014, 16:45 PM

Nobody is talking about removing rifle grenades. We're discussing how to make them balanced.

The suggestions are:

1. Prevent them from being fired while suppressed.
2. Reduce range and/or accuracy of rifle grenades if the unit firing them is suppressed.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS