Login

russian armor

Poll: USA + Soviets in one team?

Should there be the possibility to match Soviets and USA in the same team?
Option Distribution Votes
72%
29%
Total votes: 200
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
29 Mar 2014, 16:17 PM

So the Americans have been announced. As it seems, there will be the possibility to match Americans and Soviets into one team. I´d like to have a poll on this, to see how many people are for that or against that.

Personally I think it´s silly and doesn´t fit a game with a historic content. In fact it destroys the atmosphere of the game.

Please give your opinions about this.
29 Mar 2014, 16:20 PM
Benefactor 115

I eventually want to see Germans and Japanese fighting US and Soviets on a snow map. I'd be down for having a dream match ww2 game in multiplayer in all honesty.
29 Mar 2014, 16:22 PM

no thanks. keep coh at least slighty historically accurate!

i defs be inclined to say yes if there was like 6+ nations in the game, then i'd love to see all their weird matchups. albeit, it'd be a fucking nightmare to balance.
29 Mar 2014, 16:24 PM

I eventually want to see Germans and Japanese fighting US and Soviets on a snow map. I'd be down for having a dream match ww2 game in multiplayer in all honesty.

Don't forget the brits and italians. If anything I'm bummed that there is another german faction. We could have had a more unique and less armor reliant axis force
29 Mar 2014, 16:25 PM

'Merica. FUCK NO!
29 Mar 2014, 16:28 PM

Italian partisans would be a cool faction. they'd match up nicely with all german factions
29 Mar 2014, 16:33 PM
Benefactor 115

Don't forget the brits and italians. If anything I'm bummed that there is another german faction. We could have had a more unique and less armor reliant axis force

next ex-pack will probably be Desert Rats vs Afrika Korps for a third flavour of the reich!
29 Mar 2014, 16:45 PM

im against this, but not for the historical inaccuracy which most people seem to have a problem with. i just dont like what it could do to the balance.
29 Mar 2014, 16:53 PM

next ex-pack will probably be Desert Rats vs Afrika Korps for a third flavour of the reich!
Unfortunatly they can't really just make africa armies. The equipment won't be advanced enough to take on the stuff we already have in game. That doesn't mean we won't see the desert rats call-in in a brit faction though.
29 Mar 2014, 16:53 PM

Yes; this is my Allied dream team come true.
29 Mar 2014, 17:06 PM

yeah, because it's fun.
29 Mar 2014, 17:15 PM

My vote is no. Having Soviets and Americans fight side by side on the western front is silly and it ruins the immersion for me.

But I suppose it's the natural way of things. A lot of gaming franchises are throwing away authenticity for more nonsensical cool stuff these days. Just look at the CoD and battlefield series.

I think it's a bit silly that they are going to allow Americans + Soviets vs Germans in automatch, but no mirror matches or allies+axis vs allies+axis. I mean, why go halfway like that? The argument for authenticity already went out the window with soviets+americans on the same team. Why not just go all the way?
29 Mar 2014, 17:30 PM

Well just play 1 vs 1 and it will be immersive and authentic :)

I really could care less that it is unrealistic as long it isn't in Theater of war or campaign, however, I'm concerned with the balance. :p It's a video game not a movie or documentary, honestly who cares.

If you care that much then don't play it, no one is stopping you. I'm sure Relic will have an option to allow you guys to remain in each different front and not force you to play against a faction that takes place in another front. If you guys want to see that option implemented, then don't scream at Relic by calling them names.

I think it will be good for the game and the series as a whole. It will encourage more people to play the game and we will have more active players.
29 Mar 2014, 17:40 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
29 Mar 2014, 17:43 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 16:45 PMwooof
im against this, but not for the historical inaccuracy which most people seem to have a problem with. i just dont like what it could do to the balance.

I have a huge problem with historical inaccuracy- immersive? pardon me! - particularly given the Relic approach to CoH2, which was committed to tell a story......which remains unfinished.

The Pacific Front was a clearer way forward - or else late NW Europe campaign......or even Africa........but not this daft mix n match

And as for balance(((shudders)))
29 Mar 2014, 17:56 PM
Donator 11

Interesting.

The poll so far is showing that, at least on coh2.org, That the majority of people are, as you would imagine, perfectly happy with it.
Seems that the amount of threads and posts against US and Sov's on the same team is far larger than you would think for such an opinion held by so few.
It as if the few who do not like such a thing have posted and re-posted their feelings on the matter over and over, ignoring all others as they try to get their point across, which it has been.

TBH its like watching Commando and thinking its unrealistic because Bennetts' (fuck you Bennett!) chain male vest wouldn't have allowed that pipe to go through is chest like that (let of some steam Bennett, hilarious), when the whole film is ridiculous (and super awesome at the same time).
29 Mar 2014, 17:57 PM

Sure, why not.
29 Mar 2014, 18:05 PM

I have a huge problem with historical inaccuracy- immersive? pardon me! - particularly given the Relic approach to CoH2, which was committed to tell a story......which remains unfinished.

The Pacific Front was a clearer way forward - or else late NW Europe campaign......or even Africa........but not this daft mix n match

And as for balance(((shudders)))

The reason why they won't do balance is because Japan would be such an awful and gimmicky faction.
29 Mar 2014, 18:28 PM
Patrion 14

I'm not a fan of mixed teams.
29 Mar 2014, 18:40 PM
Donator 33

Soviet con spam supported by 30 cal machine guns with the same arc as MG 42, Oh yes!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★