Login

russian armor

HOLY POTATOES !!! patch 3/25

PAGES (24)down
26 Mar 2014, 12:40 PM

But we can clearly see that german's rifle has long barrel and so: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karabiner_98k
look under the picture, it says that our subject is a bolt-action rifle despite "K" suffix.
I can say that Tiger is actually translate (or synonym) of animal, but it is a tank too ))

*clicks the link*
*looks at the second paragraph*
The Karabiner 98k was derived from earlier rifles, namely the Mauser Standardmodell and the Karabiner 98b, which in turn had both been developed from the Gewehr 98. Since the Karabiner 98k rifle was shorter than the earlier Karabiner 98b (the 98b was a carbine in name only, a version of Gewehr 98 long rifle with upgraded sights), it was given the designation Karabiner 98 Kurz, meaning "Carbine 98 Short". Just like its predecessor, the rifle was noted for its reliability, great accuracy and an effective range of up to 500 metres (550 yd) with iron sights and 1,000 metres (1,090 yd) with an 8× telescopic sight.[4]

-_-
Seeing how the G-1898 was 1,250 mm and the K98 is 1,110 mm its techically a carbine, a Russian Carbine was the Model 1938 which was smaller than regular rifle:

Notice how that is small AND is bolt action? Carbine in real life terms refers to shorter rifles than full sized ones...
26 Mar 2014, 12:46 PM

How can Soviet players complain about shocks not being effective but panzer grenadiers being overpowered? Boggles the mind.

Ass-Grens are a little too effective at the moment, but I can't use PGs at all in the current patch because of the manpower drain.
26 Mar 2014, 12:58 PM

How can Soviet players complain about shocks not being effective but panzer grenadiers being overpowered? Boggles the mind.

Ass-Grens are a little too effective at the moment, but I can't use PGs at all in the current patch because of the manpower drain.

It's probably because shocks only do damage at 10m, and only do serious damage at 5m and below. Panzergrens still retain their high dps at longer ranges.
26 Mar 2014, 13:18 PM

PG squad damage is pretty much exactly same or higher as last patch at all ranges. They do very good damage at 10-15 range which is where units tend to fight because it's grenade throw range.

Shocks do fuck all damage above 10 meters, a single con squad does more damage, and even within 10 meters do no more damage than a PG squad. They have no AT capability, but they still cost 390MP despite now being unable to even win a fight vs two grens, nevermind PGs.
26 Mar 2014, 13:20 PM
Donator 22

Was looking forward to playing this patch but after reading the notes and the comments I may as well just go and read the latest copy of 'Das Reich' which relic seem to have decided to republish to spread the patch news.

FYI I play 50/50 but winning a game as one side with no effort and playing worse than your opponent is just as bad as losing a game with the other when playing better.

26 Mar 2014, 13:25 PM

*clicks the link*
*looks at the second paragraph*

-_-
Seeing how the G-1898 was 1,250 mm and the K98 is 1,110 mm its techically a carbine, a Russian Carbine was the Model 1938 which was smaller than regular rifle:

Notice how that is small AND is bolt action? Carbine in real life terms refers to shorter rifles than full sized ones...

I think Relic thinks like "bolt-action rifle is rifle that is not semi-automatic and on the move you'll be struggling from need to fuck with breech-block on your rifle, thats why soldier can't fire as quick as with carbine (which is semi-automatic like pistol ) - no matter what is the lenght of the barrell"
26 Mar 2014, 13:28 PM

I think Relic thinks like "bolt-action rifle is rifle that is not semi-automatic and on the move you'll be struggling from need to fuck with breech-block on your rifle, thats why soldier can't fire as quick as with carbine (which is semi-automatic like pistol ) - no matter what is the lenght of the barrell"

So, yeap , this is BOLT-ACTION CARBINE )) But not semi-automatic. Relic mixed concepts "Bolt-Action" (type of breech action) and "Carbine" (some kind of measure for barrell lenght), this concepts are not in the same category
26 Mar 2014, 13:30 PM

Fair enough, I accept the PGs range has a longer effective distance than shocks. Maybe they should be put them up in price a litle?

Shocks are fine though, they have smoke grenades to help them close the distance but players never seem to use them. Once soviet players realise they require a little more micro to be effective then I expect the complaints to die down.

Also, squad wipes are much more common for Germans with the new grenade mechanic.
26 Mar 2014, 13:32 PM

So, yeap , this is BOLT-ACTION CARBINE )) But not semi-automatic. Relic mixed concepts "Bolt-Action" (type of breech action) and "Carbine" (some kind of measure for barrell lenght), this concepts are not in the same category

PLEASE MAKE AN EXTRA THREAD ABOUT THIS CRAP AND STOP SPAMMING THIS HERE.THIS IS ABOUT THE NEW PATCH AND NOT ABOUT THE CRAP YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

THANKS.
26 Mar 2014, 13:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2014, 13:32 PMAffe

PLEASE MAKE AN EXTRA THREAD ABOUT THIS CRAP AND STOP SPAMMING THIS HERE.THIS IS ABOUT THE NEW PATCH AND NOT ABOUT THE CRAP YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

THANKS.

Okay! Just turn off caps lock, no one can't see your post!
26 Mar 2014, 13:47 PM

Looks like relic really Fd up. They said in the video THAT NOT ALL WEAPON DAMAGES WILL BE THE SAME THEY WILL BE BASED OF THE COST OF THE UNIT.

So that means that Guards Mosins should do more damage and Pios MP40s should do less. Please correct me if I am wrong but thats what I heard. Also it would stand to reason the Shocks PPSH would be increased or Scripts would be decreased.
26 Mar 2014, 13:49 PM

Thats bad that Penal battalion was some kind of effective MP investment, now they are crappier despite lower MP cost. No Molotovs, no AT nades, Relic could at least increase Satchel charge ramge like +5 or at least +3 m.
Remember those engies in vCOH that flamed everything on the move? That is nice stuff, but here only tanks can shoot flamethrowers on the move
26 Mar 2014, 13:52 PM

"Veterancy that previously provided increased armor has been replaced with received accuracy. The received accuracy variable functions almost identical to the use of armor. However, it also acts to reduce unit accuracy over-capping – i.e. units that currently have more accuracy than they. As units gain veterancy, their additional accuracy values will be countered by the received accuracy reduction on other units."
Vet3 infantry now will be like Knight Cross Holders? Like 0.25 incoming accuracy
26 Mar 2014, 13:53 PM
Patrion 14

I'm waiting until the next patch.
26 Mar 2014, 13:56 PM

I'm waiting until the next patch.

Huh, now we all like beta-testers on new patch.
26 Mar 2014, 14:02 PM

The new Balance partch is an complete downgrade on every aspect.
26 Mar 2014, 14:32 PM

The only thing that is a downgrade is Affe's brain.
I love the new penals, i use them to support my conscripts,and since they are cheaper now,and beat grens consistently at close range. With flamethrower they can actually damage pg's.( They couldn't previously)
26 Mar 2014, 14:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2014, 13:18 PMCruzz

PG squad damage is pretty much exactly same or higher as last patch at all ranges. They only cost 280MP now.

PG costs 340 MP, I believe.
26 Mar 2014, 14:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2014, 14:02 PMAffe
The new Balance partch is an complete downgrade on every aspect.

No it isn't. I have the feeling a lot of the people who are complaining about Soviets being UP don't know that cover is extremely important now, standing in the open with ANY unit is a bad idea, you can't just storm grens with shocks and expect them to not take damage.
26 Mar 2014, 15:01 PM

Permanently Banned
Yep this is true. But usually these kind of people just sit on forum all day and don't play no single game. Though they cry like babies if game gets changed :S
PAGES (24)down
3 users are browsing this thread: 3 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS