Login

russian armor

HOLY POTATOES !!! patch 3/25

PAGES (24)down
25 Mar 2014, 22:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2014, 22:28 PMKatitof

So soviet goes t1t4 and german gets elephant. I suppose soviet is supposed to click concede at this point, right? Other then that i cant wait to play with the path. I really hope penals are usable now and cant wait to see new osttruppen. Have a concern about partisans thou. Upped costs but no hp buff after increased lethality?

Compared to the cost of an elephant you really can afford to get T2 and pump out some atgs :p
25 Mar 2014, 22:34 PM

The Soviet's are designed to lack flexibility relative to the Germans. You aren't meant to get more than 1 late tier building.

Sometimes i think the whole game is designed to lack as much flexibility, Options and variety as possible to make it shallow and boring with low amount of strategical and tactical deep.

With the soviet building cost of 140 fuel i can already tell you guys the future strategy for ost Players: Drive with a scoutcar to soviet base and then spam Railway artillery on the soviet T3/T4 building----->they will lost 140fuel at once and are forced to spend another 140 fuel to rebuild it again----->which results in a soviet lost.
25 Mar 2014, 22:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2014, 22:34 PMAffe

Sometimes i think the whole game is designed to lack as much flexibility, Options and variety as possible to make it shallow and boring with low amount of strategical and tactical deep.

With the soviet building cost of 140 fuel i can already tell you guys the future strategy for ost Players: Drive with a scoutcar to soviet base and then spam Railway artillery on the soviet T3/T4 building----->they will lost 140fuel at once and are forced to spend another 140 fuel to rebuild it again----->which results in a soviet lost.

i hope you're trolling ? "spam Railway artillery" dafuq ?
25 Mar 2014, 22:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2014, 22:36 PMQubix

1 or 2 raileay artilery strikes on the buildings are enough to destroy the soviet building specially if there is a 2vs2 match with both german Players chosing a railway commander.I have already seen this strategy and with the raised cost for the buildings it will become even more attractiv for ost to Focus on destroying soviet T3/T4 buildings.
25 Mar 2014, 22:40 PM

They brought back faceplate stars.
25 Mar 2014, 22:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2014, 22:36 PMQubix

Ostruppen doctrine.

Convert resources (50 fuel) -> send in scout car (10 fuel) -> take out T3/T4 building (140 fuel lol)

25 Mar 2014, 22:41 PM
Donator 11

patch is out now so no point talking about possible/assumed OP strats.

Go do them (if they are in fact possible) and post replays, so if they are in fact breaking to gameplay they will be known of, and addressed in upcoming patches.

job done
25 Mar 2014, 22:41 PM

Ostruppen doctrine.

Convert resources (50 fuel) -> send in scout car (10 fuel) -> take out T3/T4 building (140 fuel lol)

yep. this is what i m talking about. railway arty can easily destroy soviet buildings.
25 Mar 2014, 22:43 PM

patch is out now so no point talking about possible/assumed OP strats.

Go do them (if they are in fact possible) and post replays, so if they are in fact breaking to gameplay they will be known of, and addressed in upcoming patches.

job done

I would if I could. But I can't.

Code 55 :(
25 Mar 2014, 22:56 PM

The Soviet's are designed to lack flexibility relative to the Germans. You aren't meant to get more than 1 late tier building.

Just an awful idea. By giving a faction this kind of handicap you are limiting dynamic game play. Once the German player had determined which late game building the Soviet has selected they can hard counter it with their superior armor. The soviet faction required combined arms to counter a Panther, Tiger, and Elephant. This change will mean the Soviet player will either have to sacrifice the Ram ability or the SU85. This will take additional AT capabilities away from the Soviet faction.

There are well documented threads about the lack of viable counters to the Elephant and Panther(s) on all three community forums which have been seemingly ignored. This is going to aggravate the issue further. German armor has just been passively buffed. I can only put my faith in Relics super elite and open balancing team that armor balance will come in the following patches.

Not.

25 Mar 2014, 23:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2014, 22:56 PMNapalm

Just an awful idea. By giving a faction this kind of handicap you are limiting dynamic game play. Once the German player had determined which late game building the Soviet has selected they can hard counter it with their superior armor. The soviet faction required combined arms to counter a Panther, Tiger, and Elephant. This change will mean the Soviet player will either have to sacrifice the Ram ability or the SU85. This will take additional AT capabilities away from the Soviet faction.

There are well documented threads about the lack of viable counters to the Elephant and Panther(s) on all three community forums which have been seemingly ignored. This is going to aggravate the issue further. German armor has just been passively buffed. I can only put my faith in Relics super elite and open balancing team that armor balance will come in the following patches.

Not.

Yep.First relic said that soviets Need combined arms to fight german tanks(T-34 ram + SU-85 to destroy it) and now combined arms are impossible because of the insane soviet building costs.

If you go for T-3 with t-34 and Germans build tigers/Elephants you are doomed because you Need SU-85s to destroy These.

Sometimes i m really impressed about relics "great ideas".
25 Mar 2014, 23:07 PM

It seems the idea is to spam Ram and hope for the best. Everybody loves games where the winner or loser is determined by a coin toss!
25 Mar 2014, 23:08 PM
Benefactor 115

It seems the idea is to spam Ram and hope for the best. Everybody loves games where the winner or loser is determined by a coin toss!

the only vehicle where Ram is a coin toss is on a tiger.
25 Mar 2014, 23:10 PM

There is also an elephant and panther.
25 Mar 2014, 23:13 PM

What game are you playing?

And elephant.

And panther.

And sturmpanzer.

So basicly everything that isn't a T3 unit. Heck, even the P4 can deflect it at vet 2.
25 Mar 2014, 23:17 PM
Benefactor 115

penetration on ram is 160, all those vehicles have less than 160 rear armour.
25 Mar 2014, 23:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2014, 22:56 PMNapalm

Not.

Or just play 2v2
25 Mar 2014, 23:18 PM

And panther and elephant and vet2 p4 and vet2 stug and brummbar.
Rear armor? Good thing that 100% of them are spearhead vehicles that rush first so the rear actually is exposed.
25 Mar 2014, 23:18 PM

penetration on ram is 160, all those vehicles have less than 160 rear armour.

a good german Player can micro his tanks so that the T-34 never sees the rear armor of These tanks.
25 Mar 2014, 23:20 PM

You get tactical depth most easily from more non doctrinal ways to spend your MP, munitions and fuel...and not buy the same units over and over again

I'm off to VCOH........
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight