Login

russian armor

Expansion spotted

PAGES (9)down
22 Mar 2014, 16:04 PM

I would actually really like coh2: online

Make coh2 free but without singleplayer (or just a couple of missions) and only a few commanders. And the people who buy/bought the game get all the commanders for free.

I think relic would make a lot more money and make a lot of players very happy (more content and more players in automatch).
22 Mar 2014, 16:07 PM
Donator 11

I think that what the OP wrote is possible, hell its even probable!

Just think, in the 2 months that relic have hired the 2 new community coordinators we've had 3 tournaments and an Observation mode, Relic are going balls the the wall to save this game and make it what the consumers and community want!

....... oh wait, that was the community, relic have done nothing.

as if OP would ever happen!!!!! just wow. loololololol

22 Mar 2014, 16:33 PM

I think that what the OP wrote is possible, hell its even probable!

Just think, in the 2 months that relic have hired the 2 new community coordinators we've had 3 tournaments and an Observation mode, Relic are going balls the the wall to save this game and make it what the consumers and community want!

....... oh wait, that was the community, relic have done nothing.

as if OP would ever happen!!!!! just wow. loololololol

22 Mar 2014, 16:37 PM
Donator 11

say what you want, but wouldn't it have been better to hire 2 coders to make an Observation mode for coh2?

Would that not have done more than the community than,.. well,. still don't know what they've done yet,. sure its pure gold though

This community is strong and well organized, what it needs is a better game, better tools.
If they cannot see that than its already too late.

end of.
22 Mar 2014, 16:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2014, 11:56 AMAffe
Relic will never do this.So stop trolling.Relic will leave this design fail of a game in ist retarded Company of commanders to pull out more Money from DLC P2W crap.They have already gone this way and will not turn back.I m sure about this.The game has already been ruined by relic and there greedy style.

I agree - kinda.
.. and I wouldn't be using such strong language.

Let me put it this way:

Though I did stop paying CoH2 couple of weeks ago I don't think relic 'ruined' this game with DLC (balancing team had their work cut out for them :)).
Gameplaywise it's simply quite different if compared to vCoH (in a RNG sort of way). Some people appreciate this, some don't.

The main problem I think isn't the alleged 'toxicity' of some community members but rather that the chosen DLC model prevents or hampers community growth.
So I agree - they hamstrung their own game.

It's unlikely to change but how the hell do you attract new players if even the english Wikipedia entry for CoH2 claims there is P2W-DLC?
Wikipedia on CoH2 DLC:

Downloadable Content
Relic has released downloadable content for the game aside from the Theater of War packs. Players can purchase new commanders packages that offer additional units and abilities, which have distinct advantages over players who did not buy them. For example for buying the German Commander: Elite Troops Doctrine, a player can field a "Tiger Ace" - a Veteran 3 Tiger Tank.[15] Other commanders like the German Commander: Mechanized Assault Doctrine allow you bring out Assault Grenadiers immediately which basically out gun any soviet infantry for the first few minutes of the game.[16]

Cosmetic upgrades are available through vehicle skins and new avatars for the player's account.
.. kinda outdated but it's still THERE!

In a nutshell, speaking strictly for myself:
A fleshed out expansion might tempt me into playing CoH2 again, future shiny DLC and finally adding basic RTS features won't.
22 Mar 2014, 17:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2014, 16:59 PMMadok

It's unlikely to change but how the hell do you attract new players if even the english Wikipedia entry for CoH2 claims there is P2W-DLC?
.. kinda outdated but it's still THERE!

Uh, ive edited this out of the article time and time again and replaced it with proper information. Stupid kids... ~.~
22 Mar 2014, 17:38 PM

To People who really still believe that relic will make big changes to the game:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/14010/call-to-action--let-s-be-awesome-together
(official Statement by Relic)
TLDNR

We're proud of the game we made in Company of Heroes 2. We're excited for it's future. If you love it as much as we do and want to make some cool stuff to show off your passion, then we're here to help if we can.

Relic is really proud of this game....hahahahaha.

They are proud that they make things like Tank traps locked in a single commander that nodody is using.Also KV-1 should be non doctrinal to add more variety to soviet Options.PPSH or T-34/85 global upg where asked since the release of the game---->Ignored by relic.

They are proud of the 100000 Commanders and that every Little crap that should be part of the meta game to add more strategical and tactical options are locked in one of the commanders.

They are proud of P2W model.

They are proud of ridiculus overpriced DLC: overpriced Skins etc........Total Price of the game is more then 200$ atm.

They are proud of the very low amount of non-doctrinal Units(soviets only have T-34/76 and SU-85 to fight tanks for example. WOW not so much Options and variety relic........Other crap is locked in Commanders of course.....great)

They are proud, that we are asking since the release of the game for observer modes, Lobbys, better Servers etc. Its retarded that you Need a friend to Play a different game mode(annihilition) for example.BUT RELIC HAS IGNORE US SINCE THE BEGINNING.

So we have a shallow game with low variety and Options in a game which makes this game very boring for most of the Players(Most Units are split in the 1000000 Commanders and you can only pick 1 of them so you don t have Access to the other Units that are locked in the other commanders.).

A low Player base because of a boring design fail game and DLC spamming.Most People dislike this game thats why the Player base is extremely low.The game is not much fun.Only the Hardcore fans still playing it.
BUT DON T FORGET----->RELIC IS VERY PROUD OF THERE GAME HAHAHAHAHAHA.A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF A DESIGN FAIL BY IGNORING EVERYTHING WHAT THE FANS WANTED RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING.
22 Mar 2014, 17:39 PM

I would actually really like coh2: online

Make coh2 free but without singleplayer (or just a couple of missions) and only a few commanders. And the people who buy/bought the game get all the commanders for free.

I think relic would make a lot more money and make a lot of players very happy (more content and more players in automatch).

This is what the guys producing Blitzkrieg 3 are doing...free multiplayer and paid campaign,don't know how it will turn out though
22 Mar 2014, 17:47 PM

i don't understand why you guys are complaining about even some extremelly vague annuoncement. We litteraly have no idea what its going to be about. Sure it could be even more DLC commanders and what not.
Or it could be something completely different. However, i hope the annuoncement annuonces something good. Knowing sega, i can guess that it will probaly be monetized in some way or another. But i still hope that it gives us something good.
22 Mar 2014, 17:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2014, 17:45 PMAffe

The truth that i spoke out about ignoring everything the fans wanted hurts very bad huh?

Nope.

But youre totally off-topic and your assessment is wrong on many levels.

If you want to b%tch about the game that is fine, but why do it in this topic?

Relic said they wanted to support the game for a couple of years and add new content. They did so and continue to do so. That they are also satisfied with their product doesent contradict this.

So your post is simply a big "f%ck relic I am dissatisfied" and has nothing to do with the upcoming announcement.
23 Mar 2014, 08:32 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

The answer was an employee of well-known relic in Reddit on commanders:

Q: How about an overhaul of some less desirable commanders? You pretty much never see over half of the commanders in the game because they just don't offer anything over the more conventional choices, and to be honest the patches so far have been making the situation worse.

A: No. It's unlikely that we'll overhaul already released Commanders in any significant way. Balance updates, sure, but nothing like changing out their powers and making them super-cool.

raw
23 Mar 2014, 09:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2014, 08:32 AMcapiqua

Q: How about an overhaul of some less desirable commanders? You pretty much never see over half of the commanders in the game because they just don't offer anything over the more conventional choices, and to be honest the patches so far have been making the situation worse.

A: No. It's unlikely that we'll overhaul already released Commanders in any significant way. Balance updates, sure, but nothing like changing out their powers and making them super-cool.

the commanders are self-contained throw-away content, they'll simply put out a new commander instead of revising old ones.
23 Mar 2014, 09:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2014, 08:32 AMcapiqua

"Lol @ people who still believe that Relic will change units between commanders and tiers. I gave up on that hope a long time ago. The game is not in beta anymore." -Coffeebeanz

"I find your lack of faith disturbing..."-Pqumsieh
23 Mar 2014, 10:08 AM

Okay, now who do we believe? Noun and Peter's statements contradict eachother.
23 Mar 2014, 11:03 AM
Patrion 14

I geet the creeps when relic says "we making things super cool". It feels like they making games for teenager.
23 Mar 2014, 12:19 PM
Patrion 14

So did somebody watched the stream? I mean the wishlist you discuss here is nice but are there any solid informations?
23 Mar 2014, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2014, 12:19 PMFanatic
So did somebody watched the stream? I mean the wishlist you discuss here is nice but are there any solid informations?

Event is scheduled for the 28th.
Executive producer Greg Wilson and game director Quinn Duffy will take the stage March 28 at 3pm GMT where the duo will “release the first details of the next phase of Company of Heroes 2″.

For those who cannot attend, it will be broadcast live on Eurogamer.
23 Mar 2014, 12:49 PM

Did anyone else notice that the DLC Commanders aren't sold anymore ? At least I can't find them on steam wtf ?
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS