Login

russian armor

German forces

20 Mar 2014, 17:53 PM

Hello to everyone.

Just before i start to explain my problem , i want to tell you about my nickname ( i use this nickname just for the game its purely for fun > i'm not a nazi ... ^^ )

Since 1 week or 2 , i dont win a game anymore , 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4... i'm not a noob player, i play coh since 1.5 year now...

The problem is that the russians are unstopable now , impossible to beat them and my teamtes too, i take attention with my teamte gameplay to make a combinated forces...

Do you confirm that russians are too strong now? ( tanks, troops, snipers ...)

Maybe i do not use the good strategie with germans forces , ( my commander : Elite troops)

I really need an explication...

Sorry for my english, but i'm really surprise and sad to loose like that ...

Tanks for your futur answers.

20 Mar 2014, 18:02 PM

Post a replay and someone will tell you what you do wrong.
Until then, its another qq thread with no base.
20 Mar 2014, 18:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2014, 17:53 PMRommel
Hello to everyone.

Just before i start to explain my problem , i want to tell you about my nickname ( i use this nickname just for the game its purely for fun > i'm not a nazi ... ^^ )

Since 1 week or 2 , i dont win a game anymore , 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4... i'm not a noob player, i play coh since 1.5 year now...

The problem is that the russians are unstopable now , impossible to beat them and my teamtes too, i take attention with my teamte gameplay to make a combinated forces...

Do you confirm that russians are too strong now? ( tanks, troops, snipers ...)

Maybe i do not use the good strategie with germans forces , ( my commander : Elite troops)

I really need an explication...

Sorry for my english, but i'm really surprise and sad to loose like that ...

Tanks for your futur answers.

Sounds like your playing randomteamgames? In that case I dont think youre problem is that soviets are to strong, maybe the problem is that Relic has screwed up the ladders? Have you tried switching to soviets? If you think the game is fun even if you loose its ok. Othervise do like everyone else, stop playing until the ladders are better again.
20 Mar 2014, 18:10 PM

1. If you only use Elite Commander, change it. Use different commanders and don't always play the same way. I had the same experience once, changed my tactics and could win again. For some weird reason.
2. Play as a sowjet. Learn their tactics and exploit their weaknesses.
The game is still a bit unbalanced, true, but nothing that is unstoppable, even ppsh-cons spam is beatable.
3. And what maybe everybody can tell you: watch replays or streams of pro-players.
20 Mar 2014, 18:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2014, 18:02 PMKatitof
Post a replay and someone will tell you what you do wrong.
Until then, its another qq thread with no base.

Really looking forward to the totally unbiased arguments you and your "best-soviet-fanboy-friend-forever" joker will contribute ; )
20 Mar 2014, 18:14 PM

Katitof : do i post any replay in this topik ?

Unshavenbackman: Yes, you are right , i play rendomteamgames and i saw that the gap level between German players and Soviet players is hight... i didn't switch to Soviet Team, i will try next time to see if they are a difference.

Anyway, thank you for your answers really ...
20 Mar 2014, 18:17 PM

PPSH makes it very hard for lower skilled German players (like myself) but its hardly unbeatable. Replays help for sure to show exactly what your doing wrong.

Elite Forces is good but you have to be careful of what you Vet or just use it for G43s and Panzer Tactician. You dont HAVE to vet units.

General Advice for everybody: Learn to micro your HMG once Scripts are suppressed always move it because they are crawling towards you to Molo (If you dont do that already).

Also its always good to play as Soviets and see what other players do to beat you.

The bane of my Con spamming existance is Mortors well protected behind HMGs just picking away and bleeding my MP.

20 Mar 2014, 18:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2014, 18:14 PMRommel

Unshavenbackman: Yes, you are right , i play rendomteamgames and i saw that the gap level between German players and Soviet players is hight... i didn't switch to Soviet Team, i will try next time to see if they are a difference.

Ok, look at this thread for more:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/14607/re-at-stats
20 Mar 2014, 18:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2014, 18:14 PMRommel

Go here:
http://www.coh2.org/replays
And click "upload a replay", then post link here.

But since you play random team games, it might be more complicated then simply you doing something wrong.

@dpsi
I'm fighting against stupidity and retarded blown out of proportion dreams of overnerfing stuff. It just happens that more people play germans, therefore more retarded ideas come out of them(the trend is: if it kills mein Ubermensch, it needz to be nerfed in the name of ze Fatherland! If it can't kill, its balanced aka penals). Were the proportions different, I'd be called german fanboy.

I'm always up to help struggling players of any factions as long as they are open minded and not locked completely in delusions, like jaigen.
20 Mar 2014, 18:24 PM

Thank you DoktorPsycho for your precious advices i will try to do thoose 3 points...

JHeartless: Your are right i use Elite for G43 , Smoke and Tiger ACE (not for vet) and thank your advice about micro HMG i will try it efficiently...

But i dont really understand how they can do a spam inf and get tanks at same time , in few minutes... they force me to use lot of MP , so very hard to get panthers quickly ...
20 Mar 2014, 18:32 PM

I used to main soviets in 1v1 but now I've been playing a lot more games as the Germans. I think the Germans are a bit on the weak side. Not due to balance issues but due to bugs. Some of the German units don't for fill their role properly because they are bugged.

For instance, the German sniper still does not auto-fire, which makes it lose a lot of DPS and makes him too tedious to micro. More importantly, and this for me is the main issue with Germans, the PAK40, PAK43, STUGIII and Elephant still have their ability bugged. Target weakpoint is a ability which should have a lot of impact and mainly the PAK40 and STUGIII function a lot worse than they should because of this bug.
20 Mar 2014, 18:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2014, 18:23 PMKatitof

Go here:
http://www.coh2.org/replays
And click "upload a replay", then post link here.

But since you play random team games, it might be more complicated then simply you doing something wrong.

@dpsi
I'm fighting against stupidity and retarded blown out of proportion dreams of overnerfing stuff. It just happens that more people play germans, therefore more retarded ideas come out of them(the trend is: if it kills mein Ubermensch, it needz to be nerfed in the name of ze Fatherland! If it can't kill, its balanced aka penals). Were the proportions different, I'd be called german fanboy.

I'm always up to help struggling players of any factions as long as they are open minded and not locked completely in delusions, like jaigen.

You were just saying how true you are a big forum troll or a Soviet fanboy <444>_<444>
Mind showing your ladder stat, the mighty illogical theorycrafter?

To OP:
Using elite troop means you need even more effort in unit preservation and micro or you just give free vet to Soviet.

Watch some daily ImperialDane cast and really help. :)

Soviet are indeed easy mode, but they are not unstoppable. Soviet have so many cheesy easy strategy but make sure you know what's going on and getting the right counter at the right time to stop them.
20 Mar 2014, 18:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2014, 18:24 PMRommel
But i dont really understand how they can do a spam inf and get tanks at same time , in few minutes... they force me to use lot of MP , so very hard to get panthers quickly ...

Don't rush for panthers. Schreks, Pak's and P4 (a perfectly good main battle tank) can put soviet tank rushes to a stall. Throw in mg support with your paks and pgs and it'll stop any inf rush.
20 Mar 2014, 18:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2014, 18:36 PMPorygon

You just saying how true you are a big forum troll or a Soviet fanboy <444>_<444>

Its not like taking part in balance discussion on this or official forums isn't bathing in crap.

And there is a difference between being a fanboy and not clapping happily to gamebreaking "true and only viable" balance ideas that everyone have.
20 Mar 2014, 18:50 PM

Lets not ruin this guy's thread... if you are suspecting the soviets getting early armor, get a pak and a panzergrenadier squad up. Upgrade to shrecks and move up the pak with the schrecks. Your pak will hit their tanks at range, and if they try to flank or circle it, it will lose to your schrecks. Also be mindful of infantry by having an mg/ai support in the area. Getting any form of tank on your side makes your life easier, so be ready to hard counter the soviets. Eventually you out-tech the soviets if you last long enough.
20 Mar 2014, 18:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2014, 18:36 PMPorygon

You were just saying how true you are a big forum troll or a Soviet fanboy <444>_<444>
Mind showing your ladder stat, the mighty illogical theorycrafter?

To OP:
Using elite troop means you need even more effort in unit preservation and micro or you just give free vet to Soviet.

Watch some daily ImperialDane cast and really help. :)

Soviet are indeed easy mode, but they are not unstoppable. Soviet have so many cheesy easy strategy but make sure you know what's going on and getting the right counter at the right time to stop them.

"Soviet are indeed easy mode" LOL! yeah sure..
20 Mar 2014, 18:57 PM

"Soviet are indeed easy mode" LOL! yeah sure..

Yeah, whichever faction is easier is a massive opinion that someone can defend for days. I just say some tactics are easier in one faction and harder than the other. Soviets can deal with offensive losses and germans are more suitable to bunkering down and firing at range. Just my opinion in how i play the two factions.
20 Mar 2014, 19:06 PM

Yeah, whichever faction is easier is a massive opinion that someone can defend for days. I just say some tactics are easier in one faction and harder than the other. Soviets can deal with offensive losses and germans are more suitable to bunkering down and firing at range. Just my opinion in how i play the two factions.

there is not an easy mode dude, each faction has its weaknesses and strengths. For example, soviets rely on quantity and germans on quality. And if you're not good enough to exploit both the problem is yours and not the game or faction. I mean as soviet, if you dont get map control and win early game, its just GG, cuse germans has the best TANKS, and AT inf.
20 Mar 2014, 20:30 PM

I think more than anything Germans are missing important parts of what makes up an army.

Shock troops and su 85s, kv8s, is152s, is2 that squad wipe, 2 man sniper teams, 6 man support crews. These things mean you are always at a disadvantage until you make an advantage. You cant fight on equal terms with Sovs, due to smaller squads vs largers squads, and German armor not having anywhere near the anti infantry effectiveness of Sov armor(especially considering German armor is already facing larger numbers of inf). The range, sight and accuracy of the su 85s mean you cannot fight it on equal ground as well.

I dont feel Sovs are op but I do feel like germans are gimped. If they would've given coh2 Germans the exact same army and doctrines as coh1, the Germans would have everything they need to fight the Sovs on equal terms or advantageously. But they removed some of the best features of Wehrmacht and left them with gaping holes. Not having a puma meant that t70s got so out of control they had to nerf them. Not having bikes means you have to suicide rush su 85 spammers and they too got nerfed. Not having bikes let the sniper/flamer scout combo get out of control.

The gwagon with its paper thin armor but long range would've been a great match for the su 85. Units that cost no fuel in t4 would've gave other options then just building panther or p4. Having an officer to force retreat shock troops? Shock troop blob vs sturmtruppen? Pumas to protect the flanks of your at guns? Like I stated earlier, I don't think the Sovs are op but ,especially to Coh1 vets, feel incomplete.
20 Mar 2014, 21:00 PM

I think more than anything Germans are missing important parts of what makes up an army.

Shock troops and su 85s, kv8s, is152s, is2 that squad wipe, 2 man sniper teams, 6 man support crews. These things mean you are always at a disadvantage until you make an advantage. You cant fight on equal terms with Sovs, due to smaller squads vs largers squads, and German armor not having anywhere near the anti infantry effectiveness of Sov armor(especially considering German armor is already facing larger numbers of inf). The range, sight and accuracy of the su 85s mean you cannot fight it on equal ground as well.

I dont feel Sovs are op but I do feel like germans are gimped. If they would've given coh2 Germans the exact same army and doctrines as coh1, the Germans would have everything they need to fight the Sovs on equal terms or advantageously. But they removed some of the best features of Wehrmacht and left them with gaping holes. Not having a puma meant that t70s got so out of control they had to nerf them. Not having bikes means you have to suicide rush su 85 spammers and they too got nerfed. Not having bikes let the sniper/flamer scout combo get out of control.

The gwagon with its paper thin armor but long range would've been a great match for the su 85. Units that cost no fuel in t4 would've gave other options then just building panther or p4. Having an officer to force retreat shock troops? Shock troop blob vs sturmtruppen? Pumas to protect the flanks of your at guns? Like I stated earlier, I don't think the Sovs are op but ,especially to Coh1 vets, feel incomplete.

I think more then anything Soviets are missing important parts of what makes up an army.

Panzer grenadiers which are great AI or AT, grenadiers with effective none doctrinal LMG upgrade and free of charge pfaust/rnade and none doctrinal panthers, brummbars, early flame halftruck and on field reinforcement, elephants, tigers, varied units in each tier that compliment each other greatly, ability to put up tiers reliably. These things mean you are always at disadvantage until you make an advantage with enforced use of doctrine.
You can not fight on equal terms with Germs, due to much less effective troops, pidgeonholing inflexible tiering system, no upgrades for your units and soviet armor not having anywhere near the anti tank power, mobility or armor of german armor(especially considering soviet armor is often more expensive and less effective facing german armor).
The speed, armor, range and durability of Panther mean you cannot fight it on equal ground as well.

I don't feel germs are op, but I do feel like soviets are gimped. If they would've given coh2 soviets the exact same army and doctrines as coh1, the soviets would have everything they need to fight germs on equal terms or advantageously. But they removed some of the best features of allies and left them with gaping holes. Not having globally upgradable PPSH and normal grenades means that LMG grens were so out of control they had to nerf them. Not having rangers or paratroopers means you have to suicide ram P4s spammers and they had to nerf them. Not having infantry AT means elephant and panther abuse got out of control.

And so on and so forth.

See? I can also be blind on strengths of faction and act like they are crippled infants.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★