Login

russian armor

Hel vs Conscript Hell

7 Mar 2014, 11:26 AM

Hi

First of all, I would not call our self's noobs, me and my mate have been playing CoH (was top 1000 in CoH1 2vs2 AT, highest was around top 500) sense the beginning. Have over 1800h + in coh and around 300h in coh2.

Now to the problem, we are playing Germans and have lately been facing this new conscript spam with pps´s followed by t 34 spam, backed up by katyushas, and later KV flame tank. (played as the soviets and have not lost one match yet)

The conscript just keeps coming and throws AT nades at every thing that have wheels and crawl in different directions against MGs and throws Molotov. I move them back as soon the conscript get suppressed so the distance will be bigger. But that doesn't seem to do any thing, they just keeps crawling. It seems that they have an endless army that just keeps comming. It seems difficult to build up some kind of deffence in time.

And if you get armor they just charge it screaming hoorraaa! (sounds like they are screaming prostitute in Swedish) and AT nade it. Later they just ram every unit that comes out. If your lucky you get an elepahnt out but that they finaly ram, AT nade and destroy. The Tiger just dont do it, its to slow and it feels like the panther is a better alternative.

And in this mix they spam mines and Maxims to hold on to the fuel points.

What do you do against this?

I have tried to go from fast panzer grens to G43´s + LMG upgrade, spamming MG´s backed by snipers, or just spamming Grens.

And building PAK 43 to fend of T34 seems pointless becaus it gets taken out by bombing run or katyushas in an instance.

So, do you pro´s have any tips or any good replays to reccomend?
7 Mar 2014, 11:37 AM

Quite a complicated scenario you have created there. Better post a replay, vague description gives vague answers.
7 Mar 2014, 12:58 PM

So i found it in the Red Army Strategies forum.

Seems to be a common strat.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/5365/strat-the-motherland-needs-no-strat.-just-go-and-fight
7 Mar 2014, 13:06 PM

Had the same problem yesterday night, the dude SPAMMED like hell conns and shocks, and it seems that mg42 are useless because as you said, they keep crawling, molotov and mg out.
I went to fast panzer 4 but..no problem, AT nades for the win.
Finally I got my elefant out, but then, the other dude (it was 2v2) created 4-5 T34 and guess what happened? RAM worked effectively. Elefant out and we lost the game.
And as you, I think I should have went to Panthers, people say they're superb, so I will give them a try.
7 Mar 2014, 13:38 PM

Panthers just get ramed or AT-naded by the massive conscript spam...
7 Mar 2014, 15:13 PM

Really, this is getting ridiculous. This conscript spamming/shock is just shit. Trying out this strategy my self as Russians I haven't lost one game yet. Back it up with snipers and its GG.

Worst of all, conscripts gain vet so fast so when you are in early mid game you just run over those poor germans with ease.
7 Mar 2014, 16:50 PM

Whats up to use brumbar, against this spam?

It needs some time to get there but I think it`s a good counter. Didn`t tried it yet.

Has anybody some expeiences?
7 Mar 2014, 22:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2014, 16:50 PMLeodot
Whats up to use brumbar, against this spam?

It needs some time to get there but I think it`s a good counter. Didn`t tried it yet.

Has anybody some expeiences?

The problem is that when you have a Brumbar out the Russians have (due to fuel possession) t-34´s out, and if your unlucky they have an IS tank.

Its the early game that is the real problem. You get map control so easy with the conscript spam.
8 Mar 2014, 14:02 PM

hey guys well i havent read everything in the above but one option is if one of you goes 2 pios to cap a bit and straight into t2 and pgren spam. obviously assuming the oppoennt doesnt go with snipers.

its just an option also your pgrens will be vetted by the time shocks come knocking so you will be better off...also the mechanized assault doctrin does well vs con spam...assault grens and those stug assault guns (the anti inf ones) will own cons.

another thing ive tried a bit is only going with one mg42 because when there are cons everywhere there will be flame nades too. so only one mg42 then you get lmg42 on your grens and then a mortar halftrack or just a normal mortar to bomb all the pinned cons. actually you can check my latest replay. its a quick game where my mate goes mechanized assault doctrin and i go spearhead. we managed to handle all thier cons and a sniper scout car and it turned into a white wash and the opponents were both sub 3000 ranked players for 2v2 soviets so they not noobs.

check it out
http://www.coh2.org/replays/14983/2v2-germans-steam-rolling

just throwing some ideas out hope it helps
9 Mar 2014, 13:51 PM

Same issue here. conscript spam right to t43-85 spam with a couple of katyushas. On maps such as crossing the woods it seems almost impossible to beat right now.
9 Mar 2014, 15:28 PM

9 Mar 2014, 15:41 PM

I havent won a single game in Crossing in the woods as german, katuysha is broken there lol
9 Mar 2014, 15:42 PM

I have a solution for my own strat now.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/14998/easy-way-to-fuck-up-popular-maphack-consspam

No cons can beat good amount of vet 3 Grens squad
9 Mar 2014, 17:30 PM

Only problem with this is that you have to fight the next wave of shock troops instead of conscripts...
10 Mar 2014, 06:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2014, 17:30 PMBeWee
Only problem with this is that you have to fight the next wave of shock troops instead of conscripts...

They choose the maphack doctrine at the first second, no shocks for them.
13 Mar 2014, 13:43 PM

Well, in 2v2 you get conscript spam and then shocks. Then t-34 spam. You dont need the map hack commander.
14 Mar 2014, 00:29 AM

The close air support commander is quite effective vs the cons spam, there really is no counter to it.

You can just spam LMGs and S-mines/bunkers, strafes and stuka bombs with recon run. Even the upgunned soviet halftrack isn't effective against the planes because they only do one pass - there's no time to shoot them down.
14 Mar 2014, 12:13 PM

So, you need to pay to get a commander that can deal with this spamming? Good thing to get new players into this dying game.
14 Mar 2014, 16:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2014, 12:13 PMBeWee
So, you need to pay to get a commander that can deal with this spamming? Good thing to get new players into this dying game.

I was lucky enough to get it for free when it was still possible. I agree though, it's absolutely stupid that some people can get it for free while others have to pay for it. Yet another reason for me to continue boycotting DLC.
14 Mar 2014, 19:50 PM

Sounds like quoting the basics, but I have really come to believe that the key to success as Germany is inteligent half track use.

I used to only play T1-3, but there come a level when extended T1 will not always cut it.

So watching loads of pro replays, their half tracks were integral in maintaining field presence and draining all those conscripts. So long as your Grens and MGs continually use good positioning, and the HT is always kept safe, NEVER risk it. The enemy is forced to try deal with the HT then, which if you prepare propperly, he's walking into your traps then.

i.e. He trys to flank or Oo-rah the HT, if you protect if well the MG and Grens shred the cons, if they fight the cons, well you can reinforce them from HT.

They will reach for their trusty T70 or T34.. but like I said you have pak and fuasts ready.. just kinda like in coh1 really. Play safe, always stay on the ball, dont lose your 1/3 map control.

Its been working for me, my T2 play is improving all the time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★