Login

russian armor

Ideas of radio "Maphack" change

7 Mar 2014, 21:39 PM

Radio intercept for ostheer too. I don't see relic removing that ability anyway.
7 Mar 2014, 21:45 PM

As much as I agree with some of the qualms here, it seems that the recent outcry over the ability is because of Advanced Warfare and its stupidly good overall abilities. Nerfing this directly affects already sub-par commanders, such as NKVD and Partisans (please, don't nerf my partisans :( ). If radio intercept stayed in its current form, but was removed from strong commanders like Advanced Warfare, I don't think there would be that much of a problem.
7 Mar 2014, 21:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2014, 21:39 PM1[][]
Radio intercept for ostheer too. I don't see relic removing that ability anyway.

It's called "Interrogation technique" and it's far better than "Radio Intercept". Problem is 75% of the German player base either forgets it exists or don't have enough skill (macro I guess) to use it frequently.
7 Mar 2014, 22:54 PM

It's called "Interrogation technique" and it's far better than "Radio Intercept". Problem is 75% of the German player base either forgets it exists or don't have enough skill (macro I guess) to use it frequently.

And it's attached to a 60 munition upgrade that's only effective on one unit, and the only free doctrine the G43 is in is Jaeger Infantry which isn't very good and is already a munitions heavy doctrine as is. I agree it's very good on Lightning War and Elite, but both of those are pay for doctrines that not everyone has. Right now almost everyone has Advanced Warfare.

My biggest perceived problems with Radio Intercept is that its early game potential and the fact that it reveals mine/bunker placement. Interrogation Training, while potent in its own right, has neither of problems. I agree that interrogation shouldn't reveal base buildings though, I think unit movements is strong enough as is. But that is another discussion for another thread.
7 Mar 2014, 23:41 PM

And it's attached to a 60 munition upgrade that's only effective on one unit, and the only free doctrine the G43 is in is Jaeger Infantry which isn't very good and is already a munitions heavy doctrine as is. I agree it's very good on Lightning War and Elite, but both of those are pay for doctrines that not everyone has. Right now almost everyone has Advanced Warfare.

That is rather bad excuse.
You always build grens anyway and last time I've seen a player without elite troops was a day before elite troops was introduced.
8 Mar 2014, 01:53 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

That is rather bad excuse.
You always build grens anyway and last time I've seen a player without elite troops was a day before elite troops was introduced.

Probably on 3v3+
(on the commander loadout, not using them) 25% or less of the time on 1v1 and 50% on 2v2.

It´s not comparable a gun upgrade with the small chance of using this ability with a passive 0 CP ability.
In order to use the ability you need to win an engagement or isolate a squad and be lucky of getting an injured crit. You will know what´s on the field (if you don´t have already seen it) but only for that moment.

Anyway,

"Us trying to brainstorm ways to improve it or fix it is a bit absurd.

I've been pushing for a pure scouting unit since Beta, so a player could wrestle with TrueSight (which is a nice new feature) to gain their own intel using their own micro skill and tactical awareness. Something like a cloakable ketten from COH1 that can't cap"

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2014, 21:39 PM1[][]

http://www.coh2.org/topic/14464/german-radio-intercept

This is what you are looking for :P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 950
United States 13
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L