Login

russian armor

Goodbye

13 Mar 2014, 03:21 AM

There are a few free commanders I could pick and choose and solely play every game and do just as well as using the paid DLC commanders. Yes its fucking annoying and its a scummy business practice that Relic/Sega chose to go with. Yes its infuriating that all the DLC commanders cannot be unlocked through gameplay, like all other free to play models.

What isn't infuriating is playing against those who are using said paid commanders. Now that tiger ace has been balanced out, there isn't really any commander that makes me sick to the stomach that its being used. I recall one game where I first encountered the doctrine and the opponent simply attack move'd his tiger ace into my base and won :D. I would argue, even before the Tiger Ace nerf, it still wasn't a pay to win commander, it was extremely hard to face the Tiger Ace but it was still beatable. No offense to those who made the claim but those who were claiming it was p2w probably weren't even facing people who could use it to its full potential anyway.

There are several commanders that could use some balancing, either make them all better or bring some of the more useful commanders (advanced warfare commander) back in line with the rest of the line up. As for the commanders giving players an in game advantage? There are a few questionably good abilities but all in all nothing as ridiculous as the tiger ace call in previously was. Its down to player decisions and micro now.

Oh and don't forget the RNG god. If you haven't made your sacrifice before your session of play, good luck.

e: oh and soviet industry had a lot of complaints, I hadn't enough experience with the game at the time to comment about it
13 Mar 2014, 05:22 AM
Patrion 15

I never condemned Ubisoft for taking down the servers. I may have said they were the ones to pull the plug, but in the end it wasn't their responsibility to provide those servers. The bankruptcy was obviously THQs fault and its Smoking Gun's fault that the steam version was in such a terrible state for so long. I don't see what relevance that has to this discussion though. On topic, the P2W commanders isn't just a 'good ole boy' complaint, most of the everyday CoH2 streamers feel the same way. And with over 300hrs in CoH2 (I'd wager thats more hours than you have) I'm not exactly jumping to conclusions when I criticize something about the game.

PS: I'm assuming you are talking about OCS, but I'm not even a college grad yet so I don't know where you got that idea from. Theres no point talking about intelligence over the internet, thats like saying "my dad could totally beat up ur dad" because as far as I know you could have dropped out of school at 17, and for all you know I could be studying pre med right now.

Basilone, I was just as pissed off about the commander release rate as everyone else on the forums. I raged about it, I posted about it, it was infuriating. We had 2-3 months of DLC commander issues. Tiger Ace, Industry, Ass Grens, its been discussed to death so I won't elaborate.

That being said, Relic has taken note. They have slowed down the DLC releases, focused on balance patches, and are now working on QOL improvements. They are doing great work to improve this game, and until they give me a reason to believe otherwise(such as going back to releasing obviously imbalanced DLC commanders at a rapid rate), I will continue to support and play their game. Everyone that has been bashing the P2W model needs to play a few more games now that some balance patches have rolled in. The Tiger Ace isn't a faceroll, I WIN unit anymore. Soviet industry actually makes sense now, and many of the strongest, most well balanced commanders are completely free.

Do all of the DLC commanders stink of a penny pinching business pratice? Yes. Is it P2W? No. Your whole point of having more strategic options doesn't really hold water when anyone can field 3 non-DLC commanders that are just as viable in the meta as the purchasable ones.

Would someone please create a POSITIVE post on the steam page about the direction the game is going so that new players don't read all the baddies posts, QQ'ing about P2W cause they didn't know how to beat someone using DLC commanders?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★