Login

russian armor

I am a Noob ... a perspective

28 Feb 2014, 13:48 PM

Hello all ... my name is Gary and I am a noob ... but not forever (at least I hope).

We all start here, some stay here longer than others. It takes time to get the games in to get average at this game and more games to get okay at it.
Have you fire bombed your own base yet? I have ... did I mean to ... NOOOO.
When the noob is based pinned and sees the fire bomb option to use on the troops just outside his base, but they pull back ... and you forget to deselect it and decide to click on something in your base .... you may just drop bombs on yourself.
Why are my troops from my weapon support command auto marching to the enemy base and dying there .... because you once again accidently dropped the flag there!
Life as a noob is rough, but occasionally it goes your way. You get some wins.
My favourite thing as a noob is to be paired in a 2 vs 2 with someone who thinks they are not a noob and berate your through the game ... stupid noob, just leave. Ya, you may lose because of me, but rather than take the time to say how awful I am why not cap some points while the enemy is pounding my butt? Ask me to do something, because once the fight goes to decision and I review the stats .... if you have not done any better than me ... whose the noob?
So if you see me in your game, get ready for a bumpy ride. I promise to try my hardest, cap points, try not to run into the machine gun trap 5 times over or fixate on the same spot over and over. I will use the hot keys and mini map. I am watching the twitch feeds and seeing how it's done. My macro will get better, and hopefully I'll remember my critics and avenge myself in the future.

Cheers to the Noob ... the life blood of keeping a game going strong!

Gary
28 Feb 2014, 13:58 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

That's the spirit!
28 Feb 2014, 14:04 PM

My favourite thing as a noob is to be paired in a 2 vs 2 with someone who thinks they are not a noob and berate your through the game ... stupid noob, just leave. Ya, you may lose because of me, but rather than take the time to say how awful I am why not cap some points while the enemy is pounding my butt?

These kind of people are waste of life. Glad you haven't taken offence of that kind of bullshit. What a great attitude you have. Good luck and have fun, your post really cheered me up :)
28 Feb 2014, 14:15 PM
Patrion 14

Gary, I've been playing since 2007 IIRC and I'm still a n00b.

Keep on truckin' d00d.
28 Feb 2014, 14:19 PM

Glad to have cheered you up! It's a great game, I truly enjoy playing it.
28 Feb 2014, 14:25 PM
Donator 11

Playing random 2v2 and complaining about your team mate. Just FailFish
1 Mar 2014, 06:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2014, 14:25 PMThrill
Playing random 2v2 and complaining about your team mate. Just FailFish
Yeah I never complain about bad teammates because it means it wasn't me that fucked up this time.
1 Mar 2014, 07:30 AM

Why are you accepting mediocrity?
1 Mar 2014, 07:34 AM
Patrion 14

Great you hang in there Gary!
1 Mar 2014, 11:30 AM
Benefactor 3110

Great you hang in there Gary!

@all power to the noobs. I have been beaten really thausends of times. I just keep em coming ;)
2 Mar 2014, 13:55 PM

Why are you accepting mediocrity?

I don't thing anyone here is saying that. I hate to lose as much as the next guy.
What I am saying is unfortunately I'm not a natural at the game and my road is paved with hard work to get better, but I can also laugh at myself along the way.
2 Mar 2014, 21:00 PM

Hello all ... my name is Gary and I am a noob ... but not forever (at least I hope).

Good luck, I've played 1000+ hours of Company of Heroes ( CoH and CoH2 put together ) and I'm still a noob I've seen many players that played over thousands of hours and are still mediocre I guess some of us isn't meant to be pro :'(
4 Mar 2014, 04:16 AM

We all start here, some stay here longer than others. It takes time to get the games in to get average at this game and more games to get okay at it.
Have you fire bombed your own base yet? I have ... did I mean to ... NOOOO.
When the noob is based pinned and sees the fire bomb option to use on the troops just outside his base, but they pull back ... and you forget to deselect it and decide to click on something in your base .... you may just drop bombs on yourself.
Why are my troops from my weapon support command auto marching to the enemy base and dying there .... because you once again accidently dropped the flag there!
Life as a noob is rough, but occasionally it goes your way. You get some wins.
My favourite thing as a noob is to be paired in a 2 vs 2 with someone who thinks they are not a noob and berate your through the game ... stupid noob, just leave. Ya, you may lose because of me, but rather than take the time to say how awful I am why not cap some points while the enemy is pounding my butt? Ask me to do something, because once the fight goes to decision and I review the stats .... if you have not done any better than me ... whose the noob?
So if you see me in your game, get ready for a bumpy ride. I promise to try my hardest, cap points, try not to run into the machine gun trap 5 times over or fixate on the same spot over and over. I will use the hot keys and mini map. I am watching the twitch feeds and seeing how it's done. My macro will get better, and hopefully I'll remember my critics and avenge myself in the future.

Cheers to the Noob ... the life blood of keeping a game going strong!

Gary

This. This is the spirit! I commend you, sir!
4 Mar 2014, 18:38 PM

Amen! Great attitude. Welcome to the community.
31 Mar 2014, 14:28 PM

Well ... time for an update to my Noobish adventures!

So I was minding my own business as a good comrade ... starting to get some wins, I can beat the AI on standard now and almost evened out my win loss ratio when the March update patch hit.
So I listen to the experts ... use cover ... cover, cover and more cover. Need good micro and combined arms, okay ... I'll keep that in mind. I need to keep working on my micro, use hotkeys not the mouse, use hotkeys not the mouse. Flank Mg's, flank this, flank that.
Well, I guess I don't have mad micro skills yet because I feel like the only cow in a field of bulls ... oh you haven't had a turn yet? Come on and mount my ass too.
Yes ... it will be a road trip to develop those mad micro skills.
I forget to use the hotkeys and go mouse click crazy, Mortar rounds rain death upon me and I have German armour in my base faster than I can say, I'm getting tired of this shit!
No worries ... the game is a lot of fun and I like the uphill challenge. I was going to switch to the German side of the fence but I think I'll keep on keeping on with the Ruskies for now to develop said mad micro skills!
Oh and thanks to any poor Soviet partners that have managed to help we get a hard earned win post patch!! Sorry for my noobish skills to the haters ... love ya!
31 Mar 2014, 14:36 PM

Yeah not a good patch to get wins with the Soviets I am afraid. Keep on practicing. Germans would be good right now. Dont forget to play both so you know what hurts the other side the most and is within your skill levels reach.
31 Mar 2014, 15:42 PM

Great attitude and welcome to the game!

If I might add, another great way to learn is to learn from the best through watching them play. Check out the CoH2 twitch stream to see how people play the game. Most of them are high level players and you get to see what they see, what their opponents are doing, and what they do to counter that. You'll see their build order, how they position their units, their tactics, and what they do to win (or lose). If they're playing team games, most of them have a mic and will talk to each other so you can see the teamwork aspect of the game.

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Company%20of%20Heroes%202
31 Mar 2014, 16:23 PM

Hey man, good luck on your coh2 adventure \o/

Maybe if you feel 2v2s put too much pressure on you can try going 4v4 random. Focus on improving yourself, your confidence, your map awareness and supporting your teammates in a stress free environment. Then when you are more confident you can go to 3v3, then 2v2 then maybe 2v2 AT or even 1v1s! :P
31 Mar 2014, 16:41 PM
Donator 11

Good job on keeping positive dude. Best advice like the guys said above is to play as both armies to see tactics used against you :)
31 Mar 2014, 17:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Improving micro/multitasking is something which is either natural or comes with lot of practice. Thxfully this isn´t a game which relies purely on APM (actions per minute). It helps but it isnt the most important thing.

Knowing the "flow" of the game, seeing what units and where they are for you to take advantage of is equally important.

1- Knowing the game. What abilities n units are good for and what/how they should be use against. WHEN they can arrive is also important.
2- Plan and specially adapt. No battleplan survives contact with the enemy.
3- Execution (micro).
4- Pray to the RNG gods, for shall they dictate the course of the battle.
5- Check what others people do, see through other´s perspective if something is giving you a problem.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★