Login

russian armor

PPSH x3 Aftermath Update

PAGES (10)down
22 Feb 2014, 12:25 PM

Regardless of the actual pricing and impact of the current incarnation of the PPSH upgrade the G43 has been mentioned several times (in this very thread) as the PPSH hardcounter.

I haven't bought any commander DLC and do not plan on doing so. I simply refuse to support this form of monetization in an even remotely competitive game.

So, for me the only way to access G43s is the 'Jaeger Infantry' commander (unless I missed something).
While I actually like the commander I find it to be a bit lackluster in the current meta.

It's extremely munitions hungry, lacks callin units and I've still not quite managed to make camo work properly.
22 Feb 2014, 13:03 PM

Just a tip, the camo only works if you are in cover.
22 Feb 2014, 13:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2014, 12:25 PMMadok
So, for me the only way to access G43s is the 'Jaeger Infantry' commander.

Lightning War (free CE commander) and Elite Doctrine have G43s as well.
22 Feb 2014, 14:19 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Lightning War (free CE commander) and Elite Doctrine have G43s as well.

To quote Madok:

I haven't bought any commander DLC and do not plan on doing so. I simply refuse to support this form of monetization in an even remotely competitive game.

So, for me the only way to access G43s is the 'Jaeger Infantry' commander.
22 Feb 2014, 14:41 PM

He didn't say if he had the CE or not.
22 Feb 2014, 14:53 PM
Honorary Member Badge

He didn't say if he had the CE or not.

Once again to quote Madok:
So, for me the only way to access G43s is the 'Jaeger Infantry' commander ...

Clearly if that's the only way, he doesn't have the CE... unless you're implying he does have the CE but doesn't know he has Lightning War, which is really rather unlikely.
22 Feb 2014, 15:03 PM

I've just got the regular edition.
.. like most people I guess :)
So for those without the CE or DLC the G43 is hardly a readily available counter which makes this situation a bit problematic in terms of equal footing.

Just a tip, the camo only works if you are in cover.

I know.
Still only works sometimes. It seems fidgety as there is always that one infuriating guy that decides to leave cover...
22 Feb 2014, 15:13 PM

Permanently Banned
weekend challange: make 5 gren , equip them with g43+camo and use at least once the german skillplane MVGAME
22 Feb 2014, 15:13 PM

Permanently Banned
without muni cache and on 1v1, no lame custom annihilation games etc...

you know the rules, lets the game begin MVGAME
22 Feb 2014, 16:18 PM

I've noticed PGrens have a hard time against even 1 con squad with the upgrade.
22 Feb 2014, 16:40 PM

Permanently Banned
sigh, i wrote the weekend challange in wrong topic MVGAME
22 Feb 2014, 17:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Cons lacked sufficient dakka. Patch gave cons more dakka. Problem?

22 Feb 2014, 17:36 PM

Those ppsh eat your grens and make it impossible to kill sniper. That's my Problem. Plus the cp nerf to guards is irrelevant, because you still can not use scoutcar against snipers because now there are AT nades everywhere. Happens a lot in 2v2.

BTW: G43 does not help. I used to play G43, but it always seems to come later than ppsh now. Oh and did I mention the snipers?

Oh..and it's fucking cheap.
22 Feb 2014, 17:58 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2014, 17:36 PMgeist
Those ppsh eat your grens and make it impossible to kill sniper. That's my Problem. Plus the cp nerf to guards is irrelevant, because you still can not use scoutcar against snipers because now there are AT nades everywhere. Happens a lot in 2v2.

BTW: G43 does not help. I used to play G43, but it always seems to come later than ppsh now. Oh and did I mention the snipers?

Oh..and it's fucking cheap.

So you want conscripts to lose at-nades so you can easily kill snipers?
22 Feb 2014, 18:02 PM

Did I say that? I just want to say that I for myself find early game very difficult as Ost since patch (don't play much sov though).

Tell me what to do against PPSH/Sniper. Damage output is so fucking high. Those PPSH blobs even tend to kill your retreating squads.

Light Vehicles? Doesn't work.
Pgrens? Doesn't work.
g43 grens? Doesn't work.
MG42? Not at all.

With good combined arms it can work out of course, but it's difficult.

Playing 2v2 btw.
22 Feb 2014, 18:12 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2014, 18:02 PMgeist
Did I say that? I just want to say that I for myself find early game very difficult as Ost since patch (don't play much sov though).

Tell me what to do against PPSH/Sniper. Damage output is so fucking high. Those PPSH blobs even tend to kill your retreating squads.

Light Vehicles? Doesn't work.
Pgrens? Doesn't work.
g43 grens? Doesn't work.
MG42? Not at all.

The Soviet guard/cons+sniper issue isn't new for Ost players, mg42+mortars or being sneaky and flanking snipers with scout cars are the best ways to deal with it.
22 Feb 2014, 19:05 PM

The G43 comes in at 3CP...the same as PPSH, and it's effective at every range. I've kited scout cars against cons with some micro like something out of benny hill, and people have done the same to me.

The PPSH isn't early game, it's midgame. FHT would easily tear them apart. They're killing you're retreating blobs because their focus firing on them like any decent player would do.

*edited for correction. Mainly Mech Assault player as Ost.
22 Feb 2014, 19:10 PM
Patrion 26

The G43 comes in at 3CP...the same as PPSH, except the whole Gren squad gets it, and it's effective at every range.

Excuse me what? Since when the whole squad gets G43?
22 Feb 2014, 19:44 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2014, 15:03 PMMadok
I know.
Still only works sometimes. It seems fidgety as there is always that one infuriating guy that decides to leave cover...

Ambush Camo is still quite fidgety as you say but I've noticed it has been improved with the patch. Not only is it only 1 cp now, which could be interesting on an mg very early on, but individual models go invisible as they enter cover rather than the whole unit needing to enter cover. This will allow you to use the damage increase from attacking from camo and also makes using "hold-fire" MUCH more functional.
22 Feb 2014, 22:16 PM

@What Doth Life?!
Thanks, for the info I'll give it a try pretty soon.

Anyway - regarding the original PPSH topic:

I like the 'Jaeger Infantry' commander because it's a nice theme, in terms of power it's subpar in 1v1 for obvious reasons..
For those that only get G43s via 'Jaeger Infantry' the G43s are not an easily accessible PPSH counter.

I think this is true for a large amount of gamers as new players will not have access without DLC (buying the DCE now is hardly a good idea) and I do have the naive hope that a good chunk of players is equally stubborn regarding MP DLC as I am :)
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 25
Netherlands 8
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %