Login

russian armor

Radio Intercept

21 Feb 2014, 08:50 AM
Patrion 27

I think Radio Intercept should be left as is. By choosing a commander with it you forfeit Elite Infantry call-ins (Partisans are the exception.) Personally I like going three grens into mortar against a player who I think is using radio.

I agree that having PPSH with it on the new commander is probably the real issue and I'm in the camp that it could use a small munitions increase.
21 Feb 2014, 08:57 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Well, by knowing which building the german player gets you can adapt way better than how he can do with you. If I don't see an early upgrade to T2 I would think my opponent wants to go heavy T1 into T3/call-in and I would just react by going T1 (snipers) into T4 (SU-85s).

Allowing you to know which buildings are being teched and built would still be useful, but certainly not as useful as knowing which units are produced or when mines are placed (that in the hands of a good player would mean being able to constantly prepare counters to everything).

Radio intercept is also a 0CP ability so it's something you unlock very early in the game and that lasts for the whole game so I can see why people are concerned about its balance.

I am not saying I agree or disagree with it over performing because I don't think I have tested it enough to make bold statements on its balance (this applies also to PPSh). That being said, I also doubt anyone here has tested it enough to make so strong judgements on either sides.

But feel free to continue your discussion, I just gave my 2cents :)

If I would be the one called to balance it I would at least remove the notifications about mines being placed.
21 Feb 2014, 09:00 AM

Radio intercept should work same as radio trangulation in CoH1 British comando doctrine, which tells what building and units have been called. And for better balance it would be best to have Radio intercept unlocked at 2 CP's, because now soviets can counter nearly everything in early just by knowing what units german player have
21 Feb 2014, 09:05 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Radio intercept should work same as radio trangulation in CoH1 British comando doctrine, which tells what building and units have been called. And for better balance it would be best to have Radio intercept unlocked at 2 CP's, because now soviets can counter nearly everything in early just by knowing what units german player have

They are two different abilities, one gives those info and another one is radio triangulation (barton nub). That being said, a CP increase might also alleviate the concerns since it's in the early game that this ability has the highest impact.

http://companyofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Royal_Commandos_Support
21 Feb 2014, 09:44 AM

Jeez Marco, i said that both abilities, from Coh1 and CoH2 should work the same way, shows only build buildings and units, nothing more
21 Feb 2014, 09:49 AM
Donator 22

Amen!
21 Feb 2014, 13:49 PM

It might be especially early in game quite powerful to know which units the enemy built, however, it's not that one wouldn't find out shortly after anyway. Also even without radio intercept it is not impossible to preamt what the enemy might build.
To the mines, if you suspect the enemy to have intercept, don't build mines. That's what I was trying to say earlier. It's kind of a counter, so what? When I see someone spamming shocks I don't respond by spamming grens even not if I really badly wanted to, cause that would be stupid. Save the ammo for something else. Don't see the point tbh.
Agree with needs more testing in good hands. +1 for no adjustments needed.
Not to forget the obvious disadvantage of 0CP abilities.
21 Feb 2014, 15:12 PM

I did play with it a lot and sometimes against it as well.

The point is you never know the exact position of the mines anyway as mini map is quite small and it's really difficult to pin point the spot.
Because this ability provide you with such an amount of information it's impossible to make note of everything that's going on even if you make deliberate attempt to do so.
I didn't notice radio intercept affecting my German game style or outcome of the match at all.
You could say it's good to know what your opponent is cooking but then again in CoH2 scouting is not as important as in lets say Starcraft. Majority of standard build orders is going to prepare you for everything your enemy will throw at you.
I do think that German equivalent is much better and much stronger. It requires more of you to use it, yes but when you do so you're rewarded with better prise as it's literally a legal map hack of some sort or almost free recon plane you aren't be able to shoot down.
21 Feb 2014, 15:23 PM

This thread is growing like a weed. I dont mind seeing some adjustments to Radio Intercept but WOW. Its like this is the next 1 CP Shocks.....

If Radio Intercept is moved up in CP it wont be nearly useful. TBH the thing I like the most is knowing if I am about to get Ostruppen or Assgren spammed or some other cheese like that.

It is useful even later for teching as noted by everybody who has used it but a good player doesn't really need it right? You Pros already know what every build is so who really cares what he built?

I am more concerned personally with my 3x PPSH LOLING everything on the map and making Shocks and Penals worthless for cost but that seems to be getting even less attention than this....

21 Feb 2014, 15:40 PM

This doctrine is roflololol

Solid strat, 5 cons to T2, get Zis and AT nade when hearing HT is built, T4 and SU85 when T3 is built, having super AI roflroll over everywhere and decent AT (SU85 + T34/85 + Zis) and skillplanez too.

It is fun, but too good I would say
21 Feb 2014, 21:24 PM

Permanently Banned
But the radio intercept are a little too good, always work right?

The G43 interrogation, is a bit different, for me, in the war, sometimes you dont see the map (half of the time) because the game are fast you dont have time to see all, and is different, you see, they move, no problem, but with this perfect radio you know what you enemy put every time, if is 50% chance of intercept all right...
22 Feb 2014, 02:37 AM

I did play with it a lot and sometimes against it as well.

The point is you never know the exact position of the mines anyway as mini map is quite small and it's really difficult to pin point the spot.
Because this ability provide you with such an amount of information it's impossible to make note of everything that's going on even if you make deliberate attempt to do so.
I didn't notice radio intercept affecting my German game style or outcome of the match at all.
You could say it's good to know what your opponent is cooking but then again in CoH2 scouting is not as important as in lets say Starcraft. Majority of standard build orders is going to prepare you for everything your enemy will throw at you.
I do think that German equivalent is much better and much stronger. It requires more of you to use it, yes but when you do so you're rewarded with better prise as it's literally a legal map hack of some sort or almost free recon plane you aren't be able to shoot down.

+1 to you sir, the old intercept in COH is nearly useless because Brit must get the commando first and when they have information it's not like they can do anything because of their teching and thier opponent (Stuh 42 +Pak all day every day). In COH2, radio intercept is fine as it is, move it to 1 CP and it will be useless and it's not like every Soviet player can be like HAL-9000 microing 5 cons + T-34s and paying attention to minimap ping.
22 Feb 2014, 02:56 AM
Patrion 27

I really think the trade-offs for picking the radio commanders make them balanced in relation to others. I mean, isn't Shock Army just the strongest overall hands down?
22 Feb 2014, 03:07 AM

I really think the trade-offs for picking the radio commanders make them balanced in relation to others. I mean, isn't Shock Army just the strongest overall hands down?

Normally but with the new commander...Radio, PPSH, Script Repair, Single T34/85 (so go ahead build T4 DONT FEEL GUILTY!) and IL2.

The other doctrines are pretty lack luster. Armored Assault is OK alot worse with the CP changes then it was imho (but I understand it was needed)
22 Feb 2014, 10:42 AM

Conscript repairs are useful, but I wouldn't call them the selling point of the doctrine.

Otherwise conscript support tactics with ever useful flame arty would be picked much more often and became even more popular doctrine.

Its the single 34/85 that makes the doctrine so appealing, rest are useful additions.
22 Feb 2014, 17:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2014, 10:42 AMKatitof
Conscript repairs are useful, but I wouldn't call them the selling point of the doctrine.

Otherwise conscript support tactics with ever useful flame arty would be picked much more often and became even more popular doctrine.

Its the single 34/85 that makes the doctrine so appealing, rest are useful additions.

I think you are under valuing script repair. After a ram pintle mgs wont cancel it like self repair. It doesnt feeeze the tank either like self repair. And it costs no muni.

This is in a doctrine that easily supports T4 play and will always have Ram due to the single call in. And scripts with ppsh will be your infantry force. This new doctrine has so much synergy its insane.

The doctrine shouldnt be judged by its parts but as a whole.

22 Feb 2014, 23:21 PM

But it forces at least one conscript squad to be not going capping/fighting for lengthy time period.
I'm not under valuing it, I use it and like it, but its not as golden as crew repair.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★