Login

russian armor

Aftermath Update Impressions Thread

PAGES (10)down
20 Feb 2014, 10:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2014, 18:02 PMZ3r07

look at my player card and tell me I'm an axis player. I play both armies, and nothing is as frustrating as the soviet snipers.

snipers + 1 cp guards was brutal and even more in 2v2's when one sov player goes snipers + guards and other shocks (at one cp ) was ridiculous ... only counter= tons of luck .. i'm glad they implemented this NEEDED changes
20 Feb 2014, 13:04 PM

Assgrens have a pretty high cost for what they actually do.. no chance against a good old conscripts spam for example ..

and don't you dare to compare assgrens with shocks or guards ..

Eh? AssGrens function like super early Shocktroops, which is a hard hitting AI unit with no AT abilities. It is, by definition, an elite unit. I abuse AssGrens early game as Ost because it's hard to counter. MGs get chewed up when flanked (especially microing a garrisoned MG unit last patch...they have no chance), and throw in MG42 support against infantry...bye bye infantry. Relic has stated in this very thread that doctrinal units are suppose to supplement your army, not make it up primarily. This goes against that philosophy. What's wrong with giving its grenade a tiny buff and throwing it at 1CP? Hell, Soviet Irregulars are even 1CP.
20 Feb 2014, 13:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2014, 09:30 AMNeo

The radio commander strafe was adjusted properly. If you move or retreat your units, you will often not even lose a model, let alone a squad.

That said, if you DON'T move the squad, you will lose it. To me this is WAD.

To what ability?
Because certainly not to IL-2 strafing run.
I've used it couple of times, its lucky to kill 2 models of squad standing in red cover.
In that state it could just as well be mirrored to pin plane.
20 Feb 2014, 13:27 PM
Patrion 26

Sorry, but what i said has nothing to do with "strong man" or "heterosexual" or what ever.
It has to do with Brains and using this organ. From your post i can only say that you are not using your Brain (not saying that you dont have one, i am not trying to insult you) but your "Heart" (you are emotional).

And to make my point clear i will write an example.
You bought a can of sodadrink that you like but they made some changes in the ingredients. You read them but before drinking it you say that it sucks!!!
Maybe it will, maybe not. But to say it sucks before you try it, that is something a five year old kid would do. Why? Because he uses his emotions, not his Brain.

I disagree with you here, a 5 year old wouldn't even be able to undestand the the difference in the ingredients. Also kids are highly curious so even with major changes to the ingredients they will still cirst try it and then whine. :)

P.S : I am not trying to defend the idiot your post aimed to.
20 Feb 2014, 18:00 PM

I have to say I love the new patch so far. Battle servers have been a great improvement and the balance changes are overall wise decisions.
20 Feb 2014, 19:16 PM

I like most of the changes, but the ppsh seems really strong now. I may just be toying with an impossible build in this meta, but pgrens don't seem to have much of a window in it currently. At some point they die so fast that even if you are wiping squads, you are losing more manpower than your opponent. I think a price increase to 50 muni for the upgrade would be warranted - though I could be wrong.

And the radio intercept + ppsh doctrine seems like a problem for that combination.

-------

I was hoping that molotovs would get a manpower increase to 250 or more. It's still a no-brainer upgrade and that should be examined.

Heard they didn't fix the ostheer sniper(or is it a bug that affects both snipers?), and that's a real bummer. hopefully that fix comes soon.
20 Feb 2014, 19:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2014, 19:16 PMJoshua9

I like most of the changes, but the ppsh seems really strong now. I may just be toying with an impossible build in this meta, but pgrens don't seem to have much of a window in it currently. At some point they die so fast that even if you are wiping squads, you are losing more manpower than your opponent. I think a price increase to 50 muni for the upgrade would be warranted - though I could be wrong.

And the radio intercept + ppsh doctrine seems like a problem for that combination.

-------

I was hoping that molotovs would get a manpower increase to 250 or more. It's still a no-brainer upgrade and that should be examined.

Heard they didn't fix the ostheer sniper(or is it a bug that affects both snipers?), and that's a real bummer. hopefully that fix comes soon.

Molotoves and at nades should be free like the German counterparts. Or cost something to unlock (like it is now) and then be free to use ... This seems as reasonable of an argument as increasing the cost :p
20 Feb 2014, 19:37 PM

to you I guess. Hell, I'm not being partisan about this. There is almost never a reason not to get molotovs early. I'd rather feel like I were making a choice myself whether to go for 5 fast cons for the sake of proliferation, or 3 cons with molotovs, followed up by a 4th straggler for the early engagement impact.

right now, why not just get 4 or 5 cons with molotovs in the first few minutes. I'm not even making a suggestion regarding balance. If this affects balance unfavorably, then Russians should be compensated another way. Its just kind of pointless to be an "option" as it is.

The other change I would advocate just as strongly though, would be to raise the cost of both cons and grens by 20 manpower, given that we have so much more resources in the early game to play with. This would improve ostheer t2 start viability, as well as Russian t1 or t2 viability.
20 Feb 2014, 19:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2014, 19:37 PMJoshua9
to you I guess. Hell, I'm not being partisan about this. There is almost never a reason not to get molotovs early. I'd rather feel like I were making a choice myself whether to go for 5 fast cons for the sake of proliferation, or 3 cons with molotovs, followed up by a 4th straggler for the early engagement impact.

right now, why not just get 4 or 5 cons with molotovs in the first few minutes. I'm not even making a suggestion regarding balance. If this affects balance unfavorably, then Russians should be compensated another way. Its just kind of pointless to be an "option" as it is.

The other change I would advocate just as strongly though, would be to raise the cost of both cons and grens by 20 manpower, given that we have so much more resources in the early game to play with. This would improve ostheer t2 start viability, as well as Russian t1 or t2 viability.

I agree its a no brainer to get molotoves and at nades ... But I don't think making them more expensive to warrant getting them is the right approach. But honestly I could be wring. I don't claim to know all.

Con spam wasn't nearly as common with one cp elite infantry. But I think the days of 4-5 con squads right out the gate is back! (Except that now they will transform into mini shock squads at 3cp)

Edit: we've created a monster ... And I love it!!
20 Feb 2014, 20:07 PM

Con spam wasn't nearly as common with one cp elite infantry. But I think the days of 4-5 con squads right out the gate is back! (Except that now they will transform into mini shock squads at 3cp)

Edit: we've created a monster ... And I love it!!

It's unfortunate that we've gone backwards in progress.
20 Feb 2014, 20:20 PM

I have to say I love the new patch so far. Battle servers have been a great improvement and the balance changes are overall wise decisions.

German fanboy speaking....
20 Feb 2014, 20:30 PM

This patch...C'mon.

Pgrens so useless, flamer halftrack can only deny area until he gets all 3-4 cons together to AT nade, MGs die even faster to suppressed squads because they have a Molotov being thrown on them while 3 conscripts with PPSH do even more damage.

Seriously, who playtests this?

No better time to go for the +20 Soviet 1v1 streak...

20 Feb 2014, 20:55 PM
Donator 11

This patch...C'mon.

Pgrens so useless, flamer halftrack can only deny area until he gets all 3-4 cons together to AT nade, MGs die even faster to suppressed squads because they have a Molotov being thrown on them while 3 conscripts with PPSH do even more damage.

Seriously, who playtests this?

No better time to go for the +20 Soviet 1v1 streak...

nice to see that it's not only me...
20 Feb 2014, 21:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2014, 20:55 PMZ3r07

Thought it was just me....

So many times I have a Russian squad suppressed and somehow a Molotov comes out and fries my MG =/
20 Feb 2014, 21:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2014, 20:55 PMZ3r07

Looks like their idea of "balance" is over powered start for one side - then an equally over powered finish for the other....

Really wish they'd start getting this right as right now its OP soviet inf spam countered by OP Axis armor spam with some VP points in between.
20 Feb 2014, 21:16 PM

Permanently Banned
Cons got a 7% dps increase and 200% muni increase and everyone is crying while I'm having fun bbqing cons with a flame half-track under hmg suppression. I love the way they run at my lmg grens and retreat before they even get close enough for ppshs to work.
20 Feb 2014, 21:23 PM

Molotoves and at nades should be free like the German counterparts.

You need Infanterie Kompanie to use fausts, not sure about rifle nades but I'm assuming so.

I'm forced to agree about the ppsh upgrade, seems a bit too effective for 30munitions
20 Feb 2014, 21:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2014, 21:16 PMRazh
Cons got a 7% dps increase and 200% muni increase and everyone is crying while I'm having fun bbqing cons with a flame half-track under hmg suppression. I love the way they run at my lmg grens and retreat before they even get close enough for ppshs to work.

18% DPS increase standing still
31% DPS increase while moving

20 Feb 2014, 22:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2014, 20:07 PMVonIvan

It's unfortunate that we've gone backwards in progress.

hey man, at least you can build t1 and t2 off the start as soviet now, remember that patch?

EDIT:I'm seeing a lot of "I forgot how to counter con spam" on this thread, since we've been dealing with 1 cp shocks and guards for so long now.

This patch opens up for a lot more variety from both sides.
20 Feb 2014, 22:07 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2014, 21:23 PMCruzz

18% DPS increase standing still
31% DPS increase while moving

18% at the shortest range possible, which never happens. At max range, they lost 4% dps. At midrange, they gained 7% dps.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 15
South Africa 1
Germany 820
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L