Login

russian armor

New Steam Tags for COH2

15 Feb 2014, 11:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2014, 11:16 AMMadok

Sorry, I should have been more precise:
Comprehensive P2W allegations (not rumors or fearful assumptions) surfaced pretty early after release.
Nothing was done to address this issue.

They did something to address the issue, Madok.
They lied to silence the critics.
15 Feb 2014, 11:57 AM

Damn, there is so much butthurt in this thread that only skimming through it for 30 seconds made me unable to sit for some time.
15 Feb 2014, 11:59 AM

Nope, you can do one of two things.

Go to store page, "For You" Tab > Browse all Recommended tags > Pay 2 win

Or simply search Pay 2 Win in the store search :D

I was about to point that same thing out, until i saw your post. One thing some people should either note, or check for themselves on steam, is that if you do type in, "Pay 2 Win," CoH2 does come up first and is one of maybe 3 other games that are not Free to Play. But, at the very bottom of the page is listed Civ IV: Warlords, is that Free to Play? No, so take this tag with a grain of salt.
15 Feb 2014, 12:40 PM

Whole thread unnecessary. There are lots of threads to make these kinds of comments in, and everyone in this thread has made them before. You've made your comments before, move on.
15 Feb 2014, 12:47 PM

Whole thread unnecessary. There are lots of threads to make these kinds of comments in, and everyone in this thread has made them before. You've made your comments before, move on.

This thread is like saying "your mum is a woman".
Unnecessary, but true.
15 Feb 2014, 13:15 PM
Donator 11

Although I really don't agree with DLC commanders, the reason being that I don't have any of them, I'm still able to win without them, so you can't really say that it's pay to win.

Tiger Ace does need to be fixed obviously.
15 Feb 2014, 13:20 PM
Benefactor 115

I'm perplexed that Valve removed the "When's Marvel?" and "Assblast Russians" tags
15 Feb 2014, 13:34 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Dammit I was just looking for a new Assblast Russians style game
15 Feb 2014, 13:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2014, 11:57 AMKatitof
Damn, there is so much butthurt in this thread that only skimming through it for 30 seconds made me unable to sit for some time.

Please forgive me, most respected gaming colleague, I confess that I am not as familiar with the word "Butthurt", as you would appear to be.
Indeed I profess my ignorance as to both the origins and meaning of this most intriguing expression.
I can only assume that you are referring to a perhaps clandestine, nocturnal, activity that is prevalent in the community that you frequent, or the subsequent physical condition that you incur as a result of the aforementioned activity ?
As a gentlemanly matter of course, I would not wish to pry into the intimacy of your private affairs, therefore please accept the fact that the enquiry is made in a uniquely rhetorical fashion.

I digress, allow me to explain, for my origins are in the apparently forgotten era where a man's word is his bond, where the intention or eventual action of putting pen to paper (or indeed, finger to keyboard in the parlance of our days) engaged oneself into an agreement of candid, honest dialogue with one's intended audience.
With hindsight, however, it is abundantly clear that my foolish attempts to apply the aforementioned gentleman's protocol to the correspondence with the representative of the Relic Organization, who wishes to be known only as Mr.T.Bob, were naive at best, crassly ignorant at worst, the truth be known.

I wish to publicly apologize for my simple-minded, impulsive and ingenuous interpretation of the statement published by Mr.T.Bob, in particular the "No Pay To Win in Coh2" sentence.
Henceforth, I shall do my utmost to interpret the "true" meaning of any statement made by representatives of the Relic Company, after the fashion of our modern times.

Indulge me if you may, for I wish to conclude with a quotation from a man also known as Bob, who is perhaps signalling the unfortunate end of the era of which I so fondly portray.

"Oh The times, they are a changing"
15 Feb 2014, 14:03 PM

Can't say I'm not surprised. MVGame
15 Feb 2014, 14:28 PM

pay 2 win ahahhahahah
15 Feb 2014, 14:41 PM

this game is awesome, i cant wait to purchase new dlc commanders and kill nubs, everyone who whines about it should l2p or get a job and buy skillz
15 Feb 2014, 15:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2014, 14:41 PMmariens
everyone who whines about it should [...] get a job and buy skillz

hilariously accurate.
15 Feb 2014, 15:52 PM

Well we had these up yesterday...originally though it wasn't a P2Win tag....lol

And then the switch to how it is today:

Nice to see we are the best selling P2W title though!

15 Feb 2014, 15:57 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Good stuff, I hope this combined with the overwhelming negative reviews about DLC will change the policy of releasing DLC that impacts MP gameplay.
15 Feb 2014, 16:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2014, 11:57 AMKatitof
Wouldnt that mean you were the one that is butt hurt.......
15 Feb 2014, 17:41 PM

I don't know what's worse, the fact that coh2 is categorized officially by steam as Pay2win or the fact that it's listed on the same page as Spiral Knights.
15 Feb 2014, 17:49 PM

Wouldnt that mean you were the one that is butt hurt.......

Or the butthurt here is so strong that it starts to become contagious.
15 Feb 2014, 18:14 PM
Donator 22

Good stuff, I hope this combined with the overwhelming negative reviews about DLC will change the policy of releasing DLC that impacts MP gameplay.

I am pretty sure there are a lot more people who bought the new DLC/Commander, than negativ reviews :/ profitable business. ;)
15 Feb 2014, 20:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2014, 11:59 AMRyondo

I was about to point that same thing out, until i saw your post. One thing some people should either note, or check for themselves on steam, is that if you do type in, "Pay 2 Win," CoH2 does come up first and is one of maybe 3 other games that are not Free to Play. But, at the very bottom of the page is listed Civ IV: Warlords, is that Free to Play? No, so take this tag with a grain of salt.

What is your point? This isn't about anything being free to play lol FailFish
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS