Login

russian armor

Small update today

• This thread is locked
PAGES (8)down
12 Feb 2014, 12:47 PM

Permanently Banned
I would like to thank all people like Akosi and Osttruppen for leaking and causing Relic to close down the beta. Thank you very much for giving us even worse patches in the future. If (IF!) they make a new beta it will be on a even smaller scale, meaning imbalances are even harder to discover, but hey it seems you don't care for that anyways.

Well, in conclusion:
F U

actually i dont leaked anything, if i say where the leaked information is, it doesnot means leaking Kappa
12 Feb 2014, 12:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2014, 12:40 PMNeo

I love this game but I am concerned about imbalances in it driven by short-term profit-based incentives and not a long-term strategic awareness that GOOD GAMES MAKE MONEY. Instead of trying to sell people OP commanders, why doesn't Relic focus on creating a balanced game and adding content that people would love to play with that doesn't upset the balance.

That my point too. Looks like Relic is out of game industry with many changes last 5 years.

Ohh a "leak" from beta and so? They have lot of competitors with same WW2 styled games. Or what? I don't get that secrets politics of closed beta test, no patch info, no unit info in game. It's 2014, we living in century of INFORMATION. People are needed information about the game or they will lose iterest.

But p2w commanders approach are better buisness model for Relic, I guess.
12 Feb 2014, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2014, 12:47 PMakosi

actually i dont leaked anything, if i say where the leaked information is, it doesnot means leaking Kappa

You spread the information which is already not good since you knew what it was, but even worse - you confirmed what it is.
12 Feb 2014, 13:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2014, 12:47 PMakosi

Who cares? You got already burned at the stake.
12 Feb 2014, 13:13 PM

Can't wait testing the new Turbo Ace

Multi-Pak40 or StuG III with troop training + Turbo Ace = all Soviet tanks are just moving coffin
12 Feb 2014, 13:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2014, 13:13 PMPorygon
Can't wait testing the new Turbo Ace

Multi-Pak40 or StuG III with troop training + Turbo Ace = all Soviet tanks are just moving coffin

Only in your dreams. Comrades, "Za rodinu". :D
12 Feb 2014, 13:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2014, 12:45 PMGreeb

Well, it doesn't seem to me that the beta helped to improve balance at all.
Those last months the game has been in a pathetic state.

+1

There wouldn't be a need for any leaks in the first place if Relic gave us a rough idea and told us what they were working on. Instead we get all this hush hush as if they are releasing a brand new game. It's a patch for crying out loud.
12 Feb 2014, 14:05 PM

Permanently Banned
) they make a new beta it will be on a even smaller scale, meaning imbalances are even harder to discover,

haha, no molotov for ostruppe and no buff for AG then, i laughed so hard.Beta wont be closed. There are lots of stupid ppl on beta, they will be kicked out + inactives, the core testers who say good things will be in so idont think. Btw just saying i am the one of the ppl who said the guards+sniper is OP, however i will get kicked too probably for "leaking".

12 Feb 2014, 14:06 PM

I would like to thank all people like Akosi and Osttruppen for leaking and causing Relic to close down the beta. Thank you very much for giving us even worse patches in the future. If (IF!) they make a new beta it will be on a even smaller scale, meaning imbalances are even harder to discover, but hey it seems you don't care for that anyways.

Well, in conclusion:
F U

It's all propaganda, you really think Relic didn't want that leak?
Dat naivety..
It's all a bunch of marketing, look at the whole community talking about it.
12 Feb 2014, 14:10 PM
Patrion 14

Agreed but let me ask you a question : if you were working at Relic and you know that you've made your beta testers sign an NDA, thus trusting them to work in discretion and all of a sudden, patch notes leaked. Would you be happy? No.
It's all about trust people. We had leaks here in the past. This damages the relation Relic has with CoH2.org and that's not beneficial for everybody involved. I'm sure everybody understands this.

Neo
12 Feb 2014, 14:20 PM

I understand what you're trying to say Neo but hey, what can we do? Sure we can state our opinions and yeah we can nag and talk about things "that Relic should do".
Maybe they are working on it? Who knows? I think they've received enough crap from us to know how we think 'bout the game. We all love it but (insert wishes here)...
As long as something is not relased officialy, I don't see the point discussing it nor critizising it.

I respect you and your opinion and I suspect that you're right that there is little point in providing feedback.

My posts are generally not aimed at "giving crap" - I am genuinely trying to point out what is likely to happen as a result of these leaked changes so that maybe someone at Relic says "Oh shit, we haven't considered that. Let's go back to the drawing board". As I type this I know how naive it sounds but there's no harm in trying.

That's why I think it's actually extremely important to give feedback now, BEFORE this stuff becomes official! Once it's in the game, it'll be another 2 months before they adjust it and we've not even factored in the impact of new P2W commanders they'll doubtless introduce in this patch as well.

I can see other things in these patch notes that are going to make the existing problems even worse, for example Conscript Assault Package going up in price from 10 munis to 30 seems like a good change except it now provides 3 PPShs! This is almost as bad as moving Shocks to 1CP. In fact, who needs Shocks if you can have 5 conscript squads with 3 PPShs each, HTD, AI and AT grenades that are going to be Vet 2/3 by the time Pgrens hit the field?

This is a perfect example of a really strange balancing policy Relic are using: when they try to nerf something they always feel like they have to buff some other part of it, which often results in an overall neutral position or an actual buff instead of the intended nerf. This is madness. If something needs nerfing, it needs... uhhh, nerfing.

Fixing the Tiger Ace was simple:

Cost from 0 to 800MP, HPs reduced by 50%, damage reduced by 25%, resource stop changed from 10 mins to 8 mins. That's it. End of story. It didn't need a rework, it just need a nerf.

There is something that I have intentionally missed out in my analysis, however, which is the P2W aspect. Once you sell people something OP, they want it to stay OP. That's why they CAN'T nerf the TA outright: say hello to the Turbo Ace.
12 Feb 2014, 14:21 PM

I call this bullshit about Tigerace being OP...

Ram... hello this is OP

facing tigerace doc... go T3 ram it from the side or behind... enginde damage and cannon damage... had it again today vs. me and I did the same

But some never learn and try to destry it with other means... ram and capcapcap VPs tick down fast.

No but some will throw everything at the tigerace, instead of ignoring it... drain manpower with snipers, mortars, tanks, capcapcap
12 Feb 2014, 14:21 PM

Agreed but let me ask you a question : if you were working at Relic and you know that you've made your beta testers sign an NDA, thus trusting them to work in discretion and all of a sudden, patch notes leaked. Would you be happy? No.
It's all about trust people. We had leaks here in the past. This damages the relation Relic has with CoH2.org and that's not beneficial for everybody involved. I'm sure everybody understands this.

How old are you? Six or seven? Then it's come to money there is no trusting relation and other stuff. Or you don't read Karl Marx?
12 Feb 2014, 14:26 PM

Permanently Banned

what if i told you the beta testers doesnot even known there is a video about aftermath patch, so that doesnot got leaked from beta testers...
12 Feb 2014, 14:26 PM

I call this bullshit about Tigerace being OP...

Ram... hello this is OP

facing tigerace doc... go T3 ram it from the side or behind... enginde damage and cannon damage... had it again today vs. me and I did the same

But some never learn and try to destry it with other means... ram and capcapcap VPs tick down fast.

No but some will throw everything at the tigerace, instead of ignoring it... drain manpower with snipers, mortars, tanks, capcapcap

For the Fatherland, right?

Relic can give soviets a good at units to counter TA, but they don't want to do it. The main thing with TA is what tank is always supported.

Ram is not OP, first page of coh2.org have replay of 5 t34 rams agains 1 TA failed. Feels like a nazi fanboy here.
12 Feb 2014, 14:28 PM
Patrion 14

How correct are the leaked patch notes? Sure they could be right up to a certain point but are they complete?
As customers (cause that's what we are after all) it's better to await an official statement and then, and only then, we can start speculating, giving feedback and suggestions. I've see some ridicilous replies here that only feeds negativity and anger towards the upcomig patch. Who knows they implement a hotfix or release the next patch quicker? We can only guess and that's why this thread is is pretty useless imo.
12 Feb 2014, 14:36 PM

Permanently Banned
How correct are the leaked patch notes? Sure they could be right up to a certain point but are they complete?
As customers (cause that's what we are after all) it's better to await an official statement and then, and only then, we can start speculating, giving feedback and suggestions. I've see some ridicilous replies here that only feeds negativity and anger towards the upcomig patch. Who knows they implement a hotfix or release the next patch quicker? We can only guess and that's why this thread is is pretty useless imo.

"Terms of Service:

You will not share any information regarding the Beta anywhere outside authorize areas of discussion (Private Forum & Steam Group Chat)

Inactivity from posting feedback or playing will result in termination of Beta Access"

There is nothing about confirmation, another fail Milka, so I can confirm that it is the right patch Kappa
12 Feb 2014, 14:38 PM

Permanently Banned
a few ppl got kicked already, they cant play with beta, it says you have to buy it. Oh wait it is leak too? kappa
12 Feb 2014, 14:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2014, 14:21 PMcarloff

How old are you? Six or seven? Then it's come to money there is no trusting relation and other stuff. Or you don't read Karl Marx?

What the hell has a NDA to do in patch tests?
If for example COH2.org would leak all the stuff - yeah Relic could sue them, not communicate any more, ignore them -> not them but us, the community.

Yeah guys WE THE MIGHTY RELIC will punish you for breaking the NDA - we wont support you anymore - no more infos - no more support for turnaments - we will ripp apart the community - we will take away the fun...
Fans you ndont need no info you just need money to spend

But sad and stupid as it sounds this is reality - could happen...probably would

the world in general is stupid, if you read the news there are things going on that really let you scratch your head... Snowden... Monsanto... Food, milk, water being destroyed to keep the price...
12 Feb 2014, 14:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2014, 14:38 PMakosi
a few ppl got kicked already, they cant play with beta, it says you have to buy it. Oh wait it is leak too? kappa

Hope I can get into by the new wave. ^^ For MVGame
PAGES (8)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight