Login

russian armor

Reliability Units

7 Feb 2014, 23:44 PM

What bothers me (second post this evening, this nerd is really angry),
is the fact that you can't rely on your units.

Example: The Tiger, or tanks in general.

2 Clan mates are my witness, it misses so much shots (yes stationary).
Maybe not the tiger, but tanks in general.
If I call in 2 T34 against 1 Panzer IV half damaged, I want to rely on my units and know that I'm going to take it down.
No, instead my T34's miss 9/10 of their shots and the P4 takes out 1.5 of my tank squad.

Explain me please, ok they shouldn't hit every time, but 5 times missing in a row? Where is the fun in that?

Played 6 games (2v2) this evening, lost 6 games because of elitespam or shockspam.
No I'm not a noob, yes there is room for improvement but this game is making me want to quit the whole scene, which is sad.
7 Feb 2014, 23:56 PM
Patrion 14

Either it's RNG or you're extremely unlucky. I never had something like that so I guess you can call it bad luck. Sometimes, things just don't go as you would like them to go...
8 Feb 2014, 00:29 AM

thats just how rng works. even if they made tanks hit 95% of the time, theres still that tiny fraction of the time where they will miss 5 shots in a row. then someone will come post a thread saying its bullshit because they couldnt rely on their units. if you want 100% reliability, this isnt the game for you.
8 Feb 2014, 00:49 AM

Do shots even calculate as hit/miss anymore? I remember hearing they all "miss" but the spread is so tight that they have a high chance to hit. It was supposedly done that way to fix the 'homing missile' bug from CoH1, where a "hit" projectile would curve to follow a moving vehicle, even turning at 90 degree angles sometimes.
8 Feb 2014, 00:50 AM

I understand you bro, the elefant has sometimes horrible accuracy >.<
8 Feb 2014, 00:58 AM

Do shots even calculate as hit/miss anymore? I remember hearing they all "miss" but the spread is so tight that they have a high chance to hit.

yes? i think youre getting confused with tank vs infantry accuracy.

chance for a hit= accuracy * target size

infantry target size is 1, and tanks have accuracy between 2.5-5% depending on range. so roughly 95% of tank shots miss infantry, but thats when scatter is calculated.

vehicles target size is 18-26 depending on the unit. shooting at a tank with target size 20, a tank would have a 100% chance to hit it at close range (5% * 20) or 50% at max range (2.5% * 20). any misses would have scatter just like against infantry.
8 Feb 2014, 04:28 AM

I understand you bro, the elefant has sometimes horrible accuracy >.<

agreed, the elephant accuracy can be absolutely terrible at times.. Is it because of the range?
8 Feb 2014, 08:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Feb 2014, 00:29 AMwooof
thats just how rng works. even if they made tanks hit 95% of the time, theres still that tiny fraction of the time where they will miss 5 shots in a row. then someone will come post a thread saying its bullshit because they couldnt rely on their units. if you want 100% reliability, this isnt the game for you.

I am not talking about 1 game.
Elephant misses a lot too. Its just not stable.
Plus learn to argumentate man, pretty dumb post.
8 Feb 2014, 09:06 AM
Patrion 14

uh what? Wooofs post(s) weren't dumb? They explain how the game works, and even at best of times with this rng based system ther is a chance of missing ALOT in a row. That said they could push it a notch towards a higher reliability/predictability with some tanks without loosing the rng. As for elephant I think it needs hold fire (along with every other unit) so it doesn't dance around like its drunk
8 Feb 2014, 13:38 PM

Talk about inconsistent, I was playing with Osttruppen earlier, at one point Osttruppen in heavy cover killed all members of a Penal squad with one survivor, and in another they killed 4 members with no losses. Same conditions, massively different outcomes :v:
8 Feb 2014, 14:24 PM

As for elephant I think it needs hold fire (along with every other unit) so it doesn't dance around like its drunk

^This totally agreed.
10 Feb 2014, 16:24 PM

Permanently Banned
Yes, the tank's are a bit drunk accuracy and sometimes a fest bullet!!!

And the Schreks and AT grenades always do the job...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★