Login

russian armor

Meet the Company of Heroes community team

• This thread is locked
4 Feb 2014, 18:12 PM
Donator 11

This is what i was looking for!

Now my view/opinions are perhaps a 'little' antagonistic, But in satirical way, overly cynical yes, but purposely exaggerated to express a particular perspective which was
written more neutrally at the bottom of the OP.

Now i am very cynical, this I know, however this only becomes a flaw if my opinions, negative or positive are bigoted. And this is why i wish to air my thoughts within a medium that can respond and provide opposing or collaborating views on the subject to which i brought up.
I guess you could call it a 'forum'

for instance:

AMI, You have a point, sort of, yes im jumping the gun and i hope my narrow mindedness is proven wrong, but how many things have relic done right so far? Is this pessimism or observation?
As for location being a factor,... well, just no.

NOUN your missing the point, but thats to be expected

Trill me too

Killhon Its their credentials that got them the job, however the job is community 'coordinator' maybe I'm missing something here.

EFDreamerBG I totally disagree with you on that.

wooof The twitter comment was meant to me more ironic that's why i left it to the last suggestion, but never mind.
And every job is a competition, the winner get the job, it no different than what we all do in RL. It may work, this isn't a sudo-reality TV program, why wouldn't it attract the best people for the job, i hear a lot of people use the interweb also.

Le Wish Fantastic point, rather than try to counter everything i said or give a childish rebuttal(noun) you offer a different perspective, and i have to say a very good one.
It doesn't convince me that my opinions are unfounded, but provides a real rational view that my cynicism may be wrong (and i truly hope so).

WiFiDi The term 'skill sets' is to vague to even debate what little point you make, it would simply devolve into a philosophical debate between skills, knowledge, ability, wisdom and the perception to how these relate to actions.
Suffice to say i think that already possessing knowledge of the game, gamers and current view towards relic would serve the job position better than without.

Now all that being said, thank you all for sharing your views/opinions to my OP. I am but a individual, my experience and views are that of one person. i posses no divination and i wish all my views to be shared and debated by everyone possible to as to further my understanding of my own views and those of everyone else, and the motivation behind them.

I feel my 'hope' for this game dwindling substantially, and tbh i am afraid.

Pessimism is typically a bigoted view towards a subject, cynicism is merely a negative stance gained from experience, experience such as this:

During a very resent SNF broadcast AMI mentions that it would be nice to see Faction Icons on captured tanks change to the faction who captured it (great idea)
Peter Qumsieh replied 'Yes we could make that DLC'.

The community has been asking for observation mode, or at the very least better replay UI/Info/Stats. A community member makes the resource monitor (great work btw, i was very impressed). Relic responds by providing us with what we all ready have (no thanks to them) and no further improvement, not that they improved on what was already done in any way.

During interviews on SNF they avoid all questions as to upcoming updates (Exception being a small amount of information regarding the ACE tiger which wasn't exactly forthcoming).
Now i love SNF, its a great show, but lets be honest here, there isn't a single person watching it who hasn't brought the game. So why not tell us more, its a great way to communicate with the community live.
This game isn't pre-release, nor is it an RPG with a story line that could be spoiled, and honestly it has no where near the numbers to even be considered a competitor towards any other RTS, so it not like another company would steal your plans.
This imposed detachment towards the player base makes no sense to me.

And finally my original post got me banned from the relic forums for life, only to get responded to by the community manager himself on a third party community website (in a way constructive way too)
I wont even go into the Irony there.

^^ these are the reasons why i view all news from relic as bad, because i've yet to see some good news, or any news for that matter.

NB:didnt add in quotes from the replies, just names of posters and my response as post was getting a bit long as it is
4 Feb 2014, 18:13 PM

Permanently Banned
nice
4 Feb 2014, 19:19 PM

I can't really blame them for not answering to a post that can be seen as insulting to their employees, or that you got banned for it, even if there is a discussion to be had on the subject (assuming you even wanted a discussion).

Strip away the cynicism and you're left with something like: "Relic should have hired someone with experience of the game".

But we don't really know that to be true or the measure in which it is true. They seem to think that whatever coh2 experience is required, they can learn on the job.

Can you prove them wrong?
4 Feb 2014, 19:46 PM
Patrion 14

If I were a Relic CM I wouldn't post here, not with the attitude of some of the people here.
4 Feb 2014, 20:16 PM

A community coordinator is someone who relays information from the developer to the community be it news/updates/etc... They also read the forums and communicate to the dev team/publisher what the community is saying/wanting. It's not that complicated. I'm guessing that this is a SEGA "recommended" hire as the guys over at CA have the same type of group. Those guys are good at their job (albiet the game itself was a letdown). Clearly Noun and the other guys should be spending more time doing game development related work as instead of feedin forum trolls. You don't have to be a gamer to fill a marketing/customer relation type job role, though it is helpful. I know plenty of people who work in these types of positions that do a great job (not necessarily users of the product/service). Calling these people the wrong people is short-sighted and honestly makes one look like a fool as you have absolutely no evidence to back up your argument. This thread should be locked IMO.
4 Feb 2014, 21:19 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2014, 20:16 PMWilliG
A community coordinator is someone who relays information from the developer to the community be it news/updates/etc... They also read the forums and communicate to the dev team/publisher what the community is saying/wanting. It's not that complicated. I'm guessing that this is a SEGA "recommended" hire as the guys over at CA have the same type of group. Those guys are good at their job (albiet the game itself was a letdown). Clearly Noun and the other guys should be spending more time doing game development related work as instead of feedin forum trolls. You don't have to be a gamer to fill a marketing/customer relation type job role, though it is helpful. I know plenty of people who work in these types of positions that do a great job (not necessarily users of the product/service). Calling these people the wrong people is short-sighted and honestly makes one look like a fool as you have absolutely no evidence to back up your argument. This thread should be locked IMO.

Yes, This!!

Aside from saying I'm a fool because i have no 'evidence' to back up my 'argument' which leads me to believe you perhaps misunderstand the meaning of words like opinion, believe, satire and view.
But that's okay, however in future please learn the differences between the meanings of words that you think have the same meaning. The difference may seem to be subtle, but they are profound when it comes expression.
(i.e, I've never used the word 'wrong' in any sentence thus far ,you may 'think' its similar to other words, but you are ,.. well,.. wrong lol)

Now, you seem to have a greater understanding of what the job entails, thank you for sharing, honestly, you are the first person in fact to clarify this to me.
And also you 'guess' as to why this is happening, again more information that i need.

You also say you have some friends who do the same job, and while we both agree on that being someone who plays the game would be more 'helpful' to this role, your experience with these people and their jobs have shown you that such a thing is not necessary.
Although one thing i must mention is that without knowing how people who have had experience within the game they are coordinating for the community your measure or what is 'good' may be off,. but i will not pursue that.
Also the fact they are your 'friends' and the job is 'not that complicated' suggest bias perhaps, but lets not go down that road, I'm glad you are sharing whatever insights you have

As i said before i am but an individual, with the experience of only one person, and this is why i am here.
To hear and share opinions and experiences with others to greater understand all things. I am open to everything you say.

I'm not categorically saying they are bad, and will be bad, but merely saying i do not understand the reasoning behind it.
My point was only that people who are already amongst the community would seem be a better choice all things being equal (again, not saying they will be bad)
And because of the complete lack of understanding towards the community that relic seem to have my assumption wasn't completely unfounded, and ultimately unresolved due to relic/NOUN actively seeking to avoid communication.

Ironically, you, a member of the community are the one to share information pertaining to the role they will be doing, even with the community 'Manager' popping in this thread to post mindless nonsense.
And you and i are so different too, you wish for this thread to be locked, I believe that no thread should be locked as long as it has an active discussion, regardless of my feelings towards it, and yet we can communicate quite easily tho our core principles seem at odd with each others.
4 Feb 2014, 21:23 PM

Did they buy their staff for 3.99? MVGame
4 Feb 2014, 21:33 PM

Yes, This!!

Aside from saying I'm a fool because i have no 'evidence' to back up my 'argument' which leads me to believe you perhaps misunderstand the meaning of words like opinion, believe, satire and view.
But that's okay, however in future please learn the differences between the meanings of words that you think have the same meaning. The difference may seem to be subtle, but they are profound when it comes expression.
(i.e, I've never used the word 'wrong' is any sentence thus far ,you may 'think' its similar to other words, but you are ,.. well,.. wrong lol)

Now, you seem to have a greater understanding of what the job entails, thank you for sharing, honestly, you are the first person in fact to clarify this to me.
And also you 'guess' as to why this is happening, again more information that i need.

You also say you have some friends who do the same job, and while we both agree on that being someone who plays the game would be more 'helpful' to this role, your experience with these people and their jobs have shown you that such a thing is not necessary.
Although one thing i must mention is that without knowing how people who have had experience within the game they are coordinating for the community your measure or what is 'good' may be off,. but i will not pursue that.
Also the fact they are your 'friends' and the job is 'not that complicated' suggest bias perhaps, but lets not go down that road, I'm glad you are sharing whatever insights you have

As i said before i am but an individual, with the experience of only one person, and this is why i am here.
To hear and share opinions and experiences with others to greater understand all things. I am open to everything you say.

I'm not categorically saying they are bad, and will be bad, but merely saying i do not understand the reasoning behind it.
My point was only that people who are already amongst the community would seem be a better choice all things being equal (again, not saying they will be bad)
And because of the complete lack of understanding towards the community that relic seem to have my assumption wasn't completely unfounded, and ultimately unresolved due to relic/NOUN actively seeking to avoid communication.

Ironically, you, a member of the community are the one to share information pertaining to the role they will be doing, even with the community 'Manager' popping in this thread to post mindless nonsense.
And you and i are so different too, you wish for this thread to be locked, I believe that no thread should be locked as long as it has an active discussion, regardless of my feelings towards it, and yet we can communicate quite easily tho our core principles seem at odd with each others.

Capacity the larger complaint here is how you voiced your disapproval. You are welcome to disagree with how Relic choices to run its business, many of us have, but your op carried a number of very negative connotations with it. Whether you meant to or not, your post appeared to attack Relic, especially individuals at Relic. It is telling that you got a terse response to your thread so quickly from Noun, who is often very polite even to very, very rude individuals.

If you disagree with the choice I would recommend changing your original post with the removal of much of the vitriolic portions, and better develop your argument in a pleasant manner.

You don't have to agree with everything Relic does, I certainly don't and I think there is a lot of room for improvement. But you do have to show respect to people, even when you completely disagree with their choices.
4 Feb 2014, 21:43 PM
Donator 11

Capacity the larger complaint here is how you voiced your disapproval. You are welcome to disagree with how Relic choices to run its business, many of us have, but your op carried a number of very negative connotations with it. Whether you meant to or not, your post appeared to attack Relic, especially individuals at Relic. It is telling that you got a terse response to your thread so quickly from Noun, who is often very polite even to very, very rude individuals.

If you disagree with the choice I would recommend changing your original post with the removal of much of the vitriolic portions, and better develop your argument in a pleasant manner.

You don't have to agree with everything Relic does, I certainly don't and I think there is a lot of room for improvement. But you do have to show respect to people, even when you completely disagree with their choices.

You are of course absolutely right, thank you for your candid and objective response. i shall change it now.
Social interaction in any medium has never been my strong suit for whatever reason, but I'm always willing to reflect on what i have said and change when necessary
4 Feb 2014, 21:51 PM

Chill guys.

The 2 new relic guys are CCs not CMs, they don't have to introduce them selves to our third party community website.
They don't even have to speak to the community. This is the CM job, Noun's job. I'd say Noun is frontstage, CCs are backstage.

Don't blame the lack of gaming experience of the Miss. This is a big CV plus as CM but CC is more into Brand Marketing, Event Organisation, Project Managemen.. Fresh spawn brings fresh vision to a company working on new projects (as Relic is doing right now...). It's very common and valuable for a company to see non-gamers at those job positions.

Don't blame the lack of job offers on official forum or here.. This is real business. Relic are looking for experienced CVs. They had way enough candidates on LinkedIn.. They don't need to waste time looking into the forums for Marketing genuises.

Relic are looking for a Global Brand Manager and a Game Client since Friday, go check LinkedIn :)

Read the job offers, I wonder why Relic will send their Game Client to Japan ? :p
4 Feb 2014, 23:17 PM

"Today it’s my privilege to introduce Val_RE and Hardy_RE, two new editions to the Relic Entertainment community team."

"two new editions"

"new editions"

"editions"........

Welcome to the community. I hope they really add a lot to the game.
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 4 Feb 2014, 23:23 PM

Spelling fail.
4 Feb 2014, 23:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I don't understand the fervor with which the OP is investing into this argument.

If there was a community member whom had the qualifications, geographic relevance, legal right to work in Canada, and applied for the job, maybe they would have hired this statistically unlikely applicant.

That person could have been an amazing CM the likes of which the world had never seen! Press releases would burn in their wake and tournaments would rise and fall!

But they did not, they do not have to, and I think it is time you found something else to be critical of.
5 Feb 2014, 00:31 AM

Permanently Banned
"Today it’s my privilege to introduce Val_RE and Hardy_RE, two new editions to the Relic Entertainment community team."

"two new editions"

"new editions"

"editions"........

Welcome to the community. I hope they really add a lot to the game.

5 Feb 2014, 16:01 PM

Thanks for the response and the edit OP. My reply was mainly in response to the negativity based in your OP. However, I still think this thread should be closed as the staffing decisions made at relic or any developer I believe to be outside the realm of community criticism. At least until they prove themselves to be worthy of such criticism. And indeed this is my opinion.
5 Feb 2014, 21:49 PM
Patrion 14

Don't know how to feel about all this. I wish these new people the best and I hope this thread gets locked asap since my bullcrap meter is off the charts.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★