Login

russian armor

Meet the Company of Heroes community team

• This thread is locked
2 Feb 2014, 15:28 PM
Donator 11

Tweet from RE:

http://blogs.companyofheroes.com/2014/01/28/meet-the-company-of-heroes-community-team/?7333245=1

It just seem ridiculous to me, that within such a community as this, where everything for the community is done by the community itself (coh2.org, SNF, etc etc), why look anywhere but within the community for these staff positions? After all this is a community coordinator job,. who would be more qualified to do so?
2 Feb 2014, 15:49 PM
Donator 11

:edited:
2 Feb 2014, 18:16 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Tearing their first posts to bits before even meeting them is jumping the gun. Hopefully both Val_RE and Hardy_RE will register here and get to know everybody.

To say they should have chosen people from this community is also a bit heavy-handed. Did anyone from this community apply? You would have to live in Vancouver, for one thing, and that fact alone may have narrowed the pool quite considerably. Nothing against Vancouver, it's a beautiful city.

So lighten up and give them a chance.
2 Feb 2014, 18:25 PM

.. if they actually registered on CoH2.org and said Hi! atleast.

Being a community coordinator they should be able to handle matters like this in a better way than simply perma-banning, wouldn't be cool if they could at least talk to us? :D

Gave me a good laugh though, lol.
But Ami is right, give them a chance to settle in.
2 Feb 2014, 18:54 PM

how dare they not register on a fan site within their first week on the job! they should really pay more attention to us than their own official forums!
2 Feb 2014, 19:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Feb 2014, 18:54 PMwooof
how dare they not register on a fan site within their first week on the job! they should really pay more attention to us than their own official forums!

Hahaha +1
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 2 Feb 2014, 19:38 PM

TLDNR: these new people sure are stupid. Why won't they come over here to be told how stupid they are?

These jobs were posted for weeks. If you felt you were more qualified you could have applied.

Both Val and Hardy are great additions to the team so far and I'm glad to have them onboard.
2 Feb 2014, 21:15 PM
Donator 11

I've always considered Ami to be an (un)official CoH1/2 community manager :)
2 Feb 2014, 21:18 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

A hyper-critical community is the sign of one that is committed to the game.

That doesn't make it cool to publicly insult someones credentials. Poor form, 0/10.
2 Feb 2014, 21:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge

i don't know if i should laugh or cry. (i think im gonna do both.)
2 Feb 2014, 22:52 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Feb 2014, 19:38 PMNoun
TLDNR: these new people sure are stupid. Why won't they come over here to be told how stupid they are?

These jobs were posted for weeks. If you felt you were more qualified you could have applied.

Both Val and Hardy are great additions to the team so far and I'm glad to have them onboard.

Oh I'm very sorry, you totally misunderstand my meaning.
I don't believe these people to be stupid, I'm sure there quite competent in their life and previous occupations.

You say the jobs have been advertized for weeks? First i heard of it. In fact why didn't you publicize such a thing within the community given the job title, and the fact you are the 'Community Manager'.
Hell make a comp out of it, anything, drum up community support, post on forums, twitter it.
Having the community join your staff when and where ever you can, not only provides a talent and skill rich human resource but also does a lot more for community perception than managing your twitter and face book accounts.

Also i never expected them to come here to respond to me, however how else are we suppose to communicate as after i posted on the official forums i was perm banned?
2 Feb 2014, 23:16 PM

Capacity_gear, actually you are a bit out of a point.
I see what you mean - buy saying why they hire ppl outside the community, you mean that ppl outside of the community/game dont understand the community and the game itself good.

But this have nothing to do with their skills to manage the community - this is completely different thing :)
2 Feb 2014, 23:25 PM
Donator 11

But they did advertise they are looking for new stuff...
2 Feb 2014, 23:32 PM
Donator 11

So this makes it to 3 community managers? Please tell me why so many posts on the official forum that has direct question to relic is left unanswered when first of all the forums arent that active compared to other games and secondly you are 3!!!!!! community managers...
2 Feb 2014, 23:37 PM

Hell make a comp out of it, anything, drum up community support, post on forums, twitter it.

also does a lot more for community perception than managing your twitter and face book accounts.

so post it on twitter, but stop wasting your time on twitter? makes sense. also, everyone knows the best way to find hard working employees is to hold a competition on the internet.

Also i never expected them to come here to respond to me, however how else are we suppose to communicate as after i posted on the official forums i was perm banned?

you could be less of a dick. that might help.
2 Feb 2014, 23:42 PM
Patrion 14

I actually prefer them coming from the outside. Even if one from the inside would have been great, it would ultimately be very hard to find a suitable person/player that is "known" on the community and lives over there. We got 5000 ish registered members here... thats not even close to the total playerbase.

As for having them coming from the outside, it brings new ideas and new ways of communicating. I can imagine that coming from this community and starting to work for relic would be very difficult as you suddenly will have to have 2 loyalties or be called a traitor or perhaps sacked from the job depending on how you do or dont coordinate stuff. Better to have someone who is fresh. And one can always learn.

Lastly I think its good that they are honest and clear about what they know and what they are learning. It makes it easier to weigh their answers and skills over time. The question "do you even play the game" is more or less answered already right?

I say welcome. Hope they post here, and also really hope that this community could chill down a notch.
2 Feb 2014, 23:58 PM

wtf is a community coordinator?
3 Feb 2014, 01:39 AM

wtf is a community coordinator?

A person who coordinates the community..easy
3 Feb 2014, 02:39 AM

A person who coordinates the community..easy

Mind = Blown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4
3 Feb 2014, 04:26 AM
Honorary Member Badge

the skill sets required to be a gamer in a community and community manager are 2 very different things. (not to say they don't overlap in some areas)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★