Login

russian armor

anyeon getting MOW: AS2?

11 Jan 2014, 14:29 PM

Men of war assault squad 2 is available for pre order on steam, anyone getting in? Any opinions on the game as im thinking about it?
11 Jan 2014, 16:12 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I'll be getting it for sure, i like the first assault squads. :)
11 Jan 2014, 17:34 PM
Honorary Member Badge

well ill probably get it because it uses steam instead of gamespy (oh god gamespy is awful. :S)

i doubt ill preorder it though. (price shouldn't take long to drop.)
11 Jan 2014, 17:38 PM

If its like MoW AS 1.5 I'll wait for a sale, it they actually modernized the user interface and/or improved the engine then I'll get it for sure.
11 Jan 2014, 18:13 PM

I'l be getting it and i'l showcase it on the stream once i get my hands on the closed beta in 5 days.

If its like MoW AS 1.5 I'll wait for a sale, it they actually modernized the user interface and/or improved the engine then I'll get it for sure.

This game is too hard for you anyway.
11 Jan 2014, 18:26 PM

nice one, do you know if there will be an open beta?
12 Jan 2014, 13:10 PM

Looks pretty good, I'll keep my eyes peeled for this one.
13 Jan 2014, 02:27 AM

Guaranteed buy from me
13 Jan 2014, 06:47 AM

nice one, do you know if there will be an open beta?

Most likely no, not an "open" beta but rather "purchase to gain access" :)
13 Jan 2014, 10:37 AM

is there any gameplay available?
15 Jan 2014, 00:26 AM

No videos as of yet but i will showcase the closed beta on my stream in 1 day and 16 hours.
Hux
17 Jan 2014, 00:58 AM
Patrion 14

I'll probably get it too (Although, none of them up to yet have been as good as the awful-buggy diamond in the rough that was Soldiers: Heroes of WW2 - now THAT was a game)

Also, I wonder if anyone will be showcasing the beta on their stream?
20 Jan 2014, 17:01 PM

I'm not taking away from coh, I love this game. As a mow and men of war assault squad fan I have to say the second edition is an amazing game I love all the changes and the fact it's now ran threw steam and not game spy, this is a must have title imo
20 Jan 2014, 17:50 PM

I'm not taking away from coh, I love this game. As a mow and men of war assault squad fan I have to say the second edition is an amazing game I love all the changes and the fact it's now ran threw steam and not game spy, this is a must have title imo

What are the differences between the first Assault Squad? Having watched it, it looks about the same as the first one with a different color scheme on the UI and some new maps. Is the gameplay any different? On of my biggest gripes with MoW was you really needed a good memory on where you put what guys, because there was no way to tell who had what weapons without selecting his button on the left, and if he was in a squad then it was a real clusterfuck. If you wanted to get your SMG guys together for a CQB assault you had to cycle through all your troops until you found enough with the SMG because at a glance it is almost impossible to tell who has what. A small icon over everyone's head that indicated what class of weapon(s) they have would be great.
21 Jan 2014, 17:38 PM

What are the differences between the first Assault Squad? Having watched it, it looks about the same as the first one with a different color scheme on the UI and some new maps. Is the gameplay any different? On of my biggest gripes with MoW was you really needed a good memory on where you put what guys, because there was no way to tell who had what weapons without selecting his button on the left, and if he was in a squad then it was a real clusterfuck. If you wanted to get your SMG guys together for a CQB assault you had to cycle through all your troops until you found enough with the SMG because at a glance it is almost impossible to tell who has what. A small icon over everyone's head that indicated what class of weapon(s) they have would be great.

The game will be on steam vs game spy. That's huge, there will be better optimization, graphics are better as well better shading. The game will contain additional game modes and units as well each season will carry camo for it. I also love the price of the game and developers said they will release patch and free dlc or updates, the devs are very passionate about there game and produce speedy responses to any question presented. As far as bing able to find ur smg squads the game has a lot of controls there are ways to separate whole squads and re group them so all ur rifles are together and ur smgs ect
21 Jan 2014, 17:52 PM

It's in my wishlist and a good price at £20. That's a third of what I paid for the CoH2 CE.
21 Jan 2014, 17:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2014, 00:58 AMHux
(Although, none of them up to yet have been as good as the awful-buggy diamond in the rough that was Soldiers: Heroes of WW2 - now THAT was a game)

Actually I've got that in my Steam library but never downloaded it. What was so good about it? Is it worth giving a try then?
13 May 2014, 20:50 PM

Official launch is the 15th may! The game has improved a lot since the beta and there will be a patch at the same time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★