Login

russian armor

The doctrine of the Red Army paratroops.

7 Oct 2014, 12:38 PM

It's an outline of Commander. Paratroopers and gun can deliver the A-7 Glider (could carry seven paratroopers or a gun with ammunition and crew of four people). Possible to change CP for better balance.

7 Oct 2014, 13:05 PM

Good idea guys but soviet paras should be long awaited long range infantry squad armed with SVT and DP and can be upgraded with PPS for CQB , with some ability to increase accuracy like us paras and ostheer stroops.
7 Oct 2014, 13:26 PM

There are already FG42s.... Fallschirmjaegars.

Another piece of German fantasy kit Relic pulled out of the historical dustbin.

The FG42 was quite unreliable and mechanically defficient in its first incarnation and it is unclear how many of the 2nd (and 3rd) were produced but it was in the low thousands and was not without mechanical issues itself.

The Russians had almost 100,000 BARs, maybe they should be an upgrade package for Cons or Shocks in the Lend Lease commander? (The original WWI m1918 production was given to the soviets, there were about 100,000. The m1918A2 was the one mass produced for the US in WWII.)
8 Oct 2014, 11:33 AM

Good idea guys but soviet paras should be long awaited long range infantry squad armed with SVT and DP and can be upgraded with PPS for CQB , with some ability to increase accuracy like us paras and ostheer stroops.

This! + maybe some better AT ability than is currently availible?

OffTopic: Would you stop with the historical discussions? As long as they fill the spirit of things no need for details.
8 Oct 2014, 18:31 PM

OffTopic: Would you stop with the historical discussions? As long as they fill the spirit of things no need for details.

This game is based on history. Even more, in some things Relic tries actually to follow it, like bringing fuel and munition starved OKW faction in general

(yeah, plenty of stuff is broken beyond normal, but WWII is highly controversial)

Still, if you design something based on history, you should take history into account.

As for game purpose. Isn't it strange to combine DP with short-ranged SVT?
8 Oct 2014, 18:59 PM

This game is based on history. Even more, in some things Relic tries actually to follow it, like bringing fuel and munition starved OKW faction in general

(yeah, plenty of stuff is broken beyond normal, but WWII is highly controversial)

Still, if you design something based on history, you should take history into account.

As for game purpose. Isn't it strange to combine DP with short-ranged SVT?

SVT should have long range profile , about historical accuracy , say it to mass produced ostwinds , sturmtigers and more and more.
8 Oct 2014, 19:18 PM

Keep dreaming guys :snfMarcus:
9 Oct 2014, 10:40 AM

@Historical Discussion - I think that it has a place here; but I don't personally believe that it should be the end all be all.

We have the Sturmtiger as a non-doctrinal unit to begin with, that should stomp out any "This shouldn't be here because it isn't realistic/historically accurate" arguments to begin with.

This doctrine is quite interesting to me, I must say I like it. I'd certainly love to see another Soviet doctrine that genuinely changes their overall playstyle and not one that simply supplements it.
9 Oct 2014, 10:46 AM

@Historical Discussion - I think that it has a place here; but I don't personally believe that it should be the end all be all.

We have the Sturmtiger as a non-doctrinal unit to begin with, that should stomp out any "This shouldn't be here because it isn't realistic/historically accurate" arguments to begin with.

This doctrine is quite interesting to me, I must say I like it. I'd certainly love to see another Soviet doctrine that genuinely changes their overall playstyle and not one that simply supplements it.

Exactly. As long as it is kinda inline with the spirit of things the need for detailed discussions about amount of combat jumps is irrelevant. Don't think US paras dropped single squads on pin-point locations of active battlefields either.
9 Oct 2014, 13:19 PM

Exactly. As long as it is kinda inline with the spirit of things the need for detailed discussions about amount of combat jumps is irrelevant. Don't think US paras dropped single squads on pin-point locations of active battlefields either.

So guys, can you have more suggestions, comments or questions about this commander?
9 Oct 2014, 14:06 PM

Sorry sorry, yeah sure.

I think the original idea of commander abilites are trying to be a no-tier commander until late game, rather then complementing the regular Soviet army.

I would rather see abit more airstrikes, maybe as a supply drop than the light tank and AT-gun.
Another thing that would be cool is to bring back the old gliders from commandos. Like a FHQ but placeable in an open spot. The danger of objects that US paras suffer from would also mean bullshit landings in cities would probably not take place.

This thing would make the commander: Offensive by means of strong infantry, (preferably VDV should be long-range since the sovs lack in that area.) and call in FHQ, providing a and a mobile lategame force infantry force. But it is lacking in lategame tanks and would, thanks to several call-ins and infantry focus, be a muniheavy commander.
9 Oct 2014, 14:41 PM

I invented this doctrine with friends long before the Western Front.
With the current balance of the USSR's hard to play without of calling tanks. Can be replaced T-60 double T-34-85?
10 Oct 2014, 09:19 AM

I invented this doctrine with friends long before the Western Front.
With the current balance of the USSR's hard to play without of calling tanks. Can be replaced T-60 double T-34-85?

I don't know. Plenty of doctrines have no late game call ins. This could be the offset for good early game pushing. The fixing of this theoretical commanders late game abilites lies in the general overlook of the Soviet faction. Adding T-34s don't seem to fit the commander.

Also Early game commanders should not be looked down upon in teamgames. It just makes a shift of who among your own team is leading the battle.
10 Oct 2014, 16:04 PM

Some photos of Soviet paratroopers.

Paratroopers wore special parachute jacket and pants with large pockets.
In the winter, wear heat-insulated sheepskin outfit with big fur collars - brown, protective or dark blue.
Over the form dressed white or summer camouflage suit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★