Login

russian armor

New Doctrine - Lend Lease

29 Dec 2013, 12:21 PM
Patrion 14

Whisper it softly... but I *like* DLC. Some of the stuff coming out ain't great, but that's not a DLC issue per se.

Jesus, the people here who want scientifically-calibrated 1V1 matches on the same three 'pro' maps forever are getting duller and duller.
29 Dec 2013, 19:11 PM

Whisper it softly... but I *like* DLC. Some of the stuff coming out ain't great, but that's not a DLC issue per se.

Jesus, the people here who want scientifically-calibrated 1V1 matches on the same three 'pro' maps forever are getting duller and duller.

I'm with you. If I knew there was no more new content coming out I would leave right now. I know that there have been a few badly implemented commanders, but the majority of them have been fine and the bad ones always get fixed eventually. It's way better then having a game that never changes or gets any new content.
29 Dec 2013, 21:43 PM

30 Dec 2013, 09:45 AM

The main contribution of the western weapons aid - that the soviets could make use of - was mobility. Trucks and half tracks.

If it's supposed to reflect any kind of historical impact, trucks or carriers and/or increased mobility should be in that doctrine somewhere.
30 Dec 2013, 10:07 AM
Patrion 14

SgtBulldog is on the money. A 'logistics' commander who has power through mobility and resources would be difficult to balance but is in the spirit of reality. Having said that, the OPs suggestions still sound quite a lot of fun.

The Germans have the Opel Blitz supply truck, perhaps lend lease would see a deuce and a half for the sovs.

The Russians used some Western aircraft, from aircobras to liberators... maybe they could appear as air support.
30 Dec 2013, 13:29 PM

How about not being a dick?

I was being entirely serious. It'd be cool having an American themed commander, and what better way than to reprise some of the popular units from vcoh.
30 Dec 2013, 14:35 PM
Patrion 14

^ Then don't be serious. Please. Why not have a fictional British faction too? Or Norwegian?

31 Dec 2013, 02:33 AM
Honorary Member Badge

The main contribution of the western weapons aid - that the soviets could make use of - was mobility. Trucks and half tracks.

If it's supposed to reflect any kind of historical impact, trucks or carriers and/or increased mobility should be in that doctrine somewhere.

M3s and M5s are core units

While I agree about the role of supply, that is hard to show, like cavalry, in this level of game.

It might also look a lot like Soviet Industry - more muntions and fuel, but less manpower
31 Dec 2013, 08:04 AM

What van Voort said, Half-Tracks area already used as a core Soviet Unit anyway. CoH doesn't simulate rear-line economics, it's focused on combat, hence the focus of this tree would be combat units. I suggested Valentine Tanks and Guard M4A2's because those were the most numerous combat vehicles sent to Russia by the western allies, and Bazooka's because it'd make Rus T1 more viable (Penals and Scout Cars are nice, but the lack of AT kills it, at least for me).
1 Jan 2014, 17:16 PM

Well, if you like, the commander ability could be call-in M3/M5s or a discount on those units.

Or a mixed combat off-map group like in COH1.

Historical OT info btw.: The Soviet Union never repayed neither any of the lend lease nor the loans it got during WW2.
2 Jan 2014, 05:08 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Soviet Union 22,000,000 dead

USA 420,000

Uk 450,000
12 Jan 2014, 16:46 PM

I'm with you. If I knew there was no more new content coming out I would leave right now. I know that there have been a few badly implemented commanders, but the majority of them have been fine and the bad ones always get fixed eventually. It's way better then having a game that never changes or gets any new content.

DLC is bad from the start, Relic should consolidate all DLC into 1 nice exp pack, like Firaxis did with XCOM.
12 Jan 2014, 17:08 PM

Soviet Union 22,000,000 dead

USA 420,000

Uk 450,000

Nuff said.
13 Jan 2014, 04:14 AM
13 Jan 2014, 21:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Only because someone posted how the USSR never repaid Lend Lease and War Loans
13 Jan 2014, 21:58 PM
Honorary Member Badge

:hijack: they lost so many because of there battle tatics, which were awful. (tatics in general)

that said one of the reasons soviet union didn't pay back the lend lease perhaps the largest reason is because us and soviet union were enemies not allies after the war hell even before the war ended there was fighting.

back on topic: i like the concept but i don't like the execution Sherman/bazookas are missing should be in there. I think its way to vehicle orientated, I mean an all vehicle doctrine??? (basically all vehicles)
16 Jan 2014, 14:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2013, 13:29 PMGalbart

I was being entirely serious. It'd be cool having an American themed commander, and what better way than to reprise some of the popular units from vcoh.

Funny enough, I looked into some of the unit differences between CoH1 and 2. Turns out if you ported an American Riflesquad over with no changes, they'd be roughly on-par with Osttruppen, if not slightly better. CoH1 had variable health values while CoH2's are all at 80 except for Sniper Squads (40) and Osttruppen (48). Riflemen were at 55.
17 Jan 2014, 10:55 AM

Here's my take on a possible Lend Lease doctrine:

1 CP – American Railways – infantry reinforce and build times are halved (due to improved transportation).

2 CPs – Dodge Supply Trucks – like the Opel Blitz Truck but the player selects what resource it should generate.

6 CPs – Arctic Convoys – random call in for 600 MP and 100 fuel – Sherman (comparable to the 34/85) with Guards (armed with Bazookas), Matilda (comparable to the KV1) with Penals or Churchill (Crocodile, i.e. KV8) with Engies (with flamers).

8 CPs – Stalin’s Organs – additional supplies provided by the Lend Lease program allow more frivolous use of ammunition. For 200 ammo double the fire rate on all vehicles (does not stack with Vet) and increase cooldown regeneration for all active unit skills (molotovs, arty and mortar barrages, etc.). Lasts 1 minute.

12 CPs – Arsenal of Democracy – Single time use. Click to decrease unit costs by 50% for the next 10 minutes (applies to the call in as well). [Basically a less OP version of the Tiger Ace – instead of one uber unit, quickly even the odds by outspamming the Krauts]
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★