Login

russian armor

DayZ standalone

20 Dec 2013, 12:51 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

So, the alpha for the standalone edition of DayZ is finally out on Steam. The devs say it will be more than a year before the final version is out, but I know there are a lot of COH2.ORG users who <444>3 DayZ. People who've got the alpha, what do you think of it?
20 Dec 2013, 14:08 PM

afther coh2 fiasco, im not buying games before its release.

22 Dec 2013, 02:27 AM

fuck this game tbh, everyone just kills on sight, and then you have to kill on sight to avoid being killed on sight and blahbhabhabablabhab
22 Dec 2013, 17:54 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Its only fun if you have a group to play with. I bought it but dont have a group so yea... I dont play much either...
22 Dec 2013, 20:19 PM

Love it, Love it, Love it :p

Somewhat buggy atm as is expected for a "pre-alpha" but nothing game breaking and very playable.

Can't wait for it to go beta with like 90% of it's features atm it's at like maybe 20%

To quote Rocket

THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

So yea, there you go... warning though, as the gets closer to it's release the price will go up.

EDIT: O and Bud, your welcome to come play with us whenever you want
22 Dec 2013, 22:08 PM
Donator 11

I'll be trying it out with some friends
23 Dec 2013, 05:24 AM

I'm really liking it. That said, the ratio of canned foods to tools capable of opening cans is beyond retarded. Also if loot is only going to spawn one time when the server restarts then the hospitals need to have a lot more shit in them. The first person to go in there usually leaves with everything important, so right now its a no-brainer to just switch to a low population server rather than trying to fight your way in to the hospital that has most likely been emptied already.
23 Dec 2013, 07:46 AM
Honorary Member Badge

They fixed / improved alot of stuff compared to the original mod. But serverhopping, combatlogging and no loot respawn are big issues that need to be fixed. I know it's alpha and they'll eventually get to this, but those were core issues of the mod and they're still there sadly.
23 Dec 2013, 13:55 PM

Love it.

I'm more excited by reading the patch notes than playing the game itself right now actually ^^ So much potential in the game.
30 Dec 2013, 11:00 AM

This game is plain awesome :D

Its pure survival... especially in the beginning its really, really hard not to die. LOVE <444>3 IT

30 Dec 2013, 14:45 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Its still buggy as hell though, dont expect a polished game.

I hopped down from 2 stairs up and broke my leg xD

I dont see how you can survive for long with the bugs.
31 Dec 2013, 08:36 AM

It's promising (graphics engine updates look great, thank fuck they fixed the inventory) - but for me, not ready to play. I am glad to give them my money, and I'll be checking back when there is more stuff there.
31 Dec 2013, 09:18 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

...thank fuck they fixed the inventory...

Thank fucking god. I think I lost more loot to the UI than to bandits in the Arma II mod.
31 Dec 2013, 18:45 PM

To anyone thinking about looting one of the high rise apartment buildings: the guard rail on the balconies is defective, you will run through it and fall to your death :o
31 Dec 2013, 19:46 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2013, 17:54 PMBudwise
Its only fun if you have a group to play with. I bought it but dont have a group so yea... I dont play much either...

add me on steam and let me know when you wanna play.
31 Dec 2013, 22:30 PM

this gave me a good laugh, hackers gonna hack :lol: (22:05)

3 Jan 2014, 21:18 PM

DeathmatchZ eh. Go play battlefield of CoD if you wanna camp and snipe. KoS is part of the game but at least rob me or something. Don't always just shoot.
3 Jan 2014, 21:18 PM
10 Jan 2014, 09:39 AM
13 Jan 2014, 16:28 PM
Patrion 26

Dear Diary,

Day 1
I woke up in a abandoned village God knows where next to the shore.
After inspecting the village looking for people I couldn`t find anything but a rotted apples and bananas ( I have been out for quite a long time 0_o)
Good thing I have watch Bear Grylls show and decided to head to the rising sun, along the shore.
I have found survivors in an empty city, those guys are crazy!! They were chasing me trying to eat me. I got bitten by one of them, the bleeding won`t stop, I have to find help.
Day 2
I had to go to extreme measures and cover the wound with some rags I found on the ground. God I am starving, everything around this city is rotten, I have to head west hopefully I will find someone who can explain the situation to me.

Day 3

I have found some soldiers shooting those.... "things". Things look bad. They set up camp in one of the houses. They didn`t look so friendly will have observe them for the moment.I will try to make contact with them tomorrow.

Day 4

Those soldiers started shooting at me what the hell?
I managed to escape from them before they plant a bullet in my head. But sadly after trying to reach a high spot to scout the area I slipped and broke my leg.
I have no supplies left. I will die, alone..... Maybe it is for the best. I can`t get off the building those man eating things are waiting for me, lurking in the shadows.

If you find this note, please bury me as a human.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★