Login

russian armor

akosi's strategy

11 Jan 2014, 14:40 PM

Permanently Banned
lanciano, you will see he went ostruppen and if you didnot choosed doctrine, go for ppsh conscripts.
12 Jan 2014, 08:59 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

As RU:

-Why not filling some scoutcar into any of the strats? I feel like a quick 3rd sniper is a bit of an overkill and on that moment you stale a bit for the 1 CP to hit till you get your first Guard.
It adds an extra layer of micro to manage but it helps to easily deal with either 222 or FHT an also lets you quickly harass/chase retreating squads or support weapons.

As OH:

1st part: dealing with sniper early-midgame. First of all, dont drain MP. Retreat/softretreat and dont engage unless you know you can chase them and get a retreat/kill.
If you manage to get the early retreat/kill be as offensive as possible. This will prevent any offensive mining.

4 T1 units at best (5 if you go for a mortar. Pray the RNG gods)

Midgame aproach: if you go for the AC dont show it inmediatly. Go for the flank n dont overcomit on the chase (if it stays alive it will keep being a menace during the game).

2nd part: dealing with T34-85s.
-If you go for quick Ostwind you need to be extra carefull with the CPs. If you dont deal damamge you are going to be on a pretty hard situation. Since your next unit is going to probably be a P4 take in mind you need 2 extra AT (either double pak or adding some PG shreck).
-Going P4 first its more safe. Once you are near 6-7CP get a Stug + Pak. How you deal with the first Mark Target n rush from the T34-85s is key.

Lategame: if you manage to deal or trade with the T348s you are fine. You can either keep P4spam n get him off map, try to tech (this will roughly give you an edge if the game goes for a really long time, since you can try to filter n Panzewerfer into your army) or get a Tiger (micro friendly).

Commanderchoice:
-Lighting: G43-Sprint-Tiger. Push with 2-3 grens together. Ignore any other infantry besides snipers.
-Pak43: more defensive mindset for midlate game. 120mm is going to hurt you nevertheless.
-Elite: sigh. Vetted Stug with weakpoint are quite cost effective against T34-85s.
12 Jan 2014, 11:04 AM

Permanently Banned
i about 25 match i have 2 loss,but come play 1v1 with me and you will see have arenot right^^
12 Jan 2014, 20:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2014, 11:04 AMakosi
i about 25 match i have 2 loss,but come play 1v1 with me and you will see have arenot right^^

But that´s because of skill, skill difference with your opponent or the strat :P ?

I´m just talking about my experience using this strat n trying to counter it.
I´ll gladly play against you (eventhough i´m still a couple steps below to play toe to toe with the "top guys")
12 Jan 2014, 23:21 PM

Permanently Banned
13 Jan 2014, 21:04 PM

I used this strat today in 1vs1 and it worked perfectly! Had 3 snipers and 2 guards to start with. I used T85 call-ins. Also went T4 in case I needed an SU-85, but it didn't come to that.

I was really able to quickly tear through his resources, wasting MG squads, mortar teams and full pgrens squad. Also killed both the SC and HT he send after my snipers using the guards. Since the SC was up-gunned, he really lost a lot there.

By the time my T85s rolled out, he was able to push out a P4, but he lost it, quickly lost the little map control he had left and lost the battle :)
16 Jan 2014, 08:42 AM

We tried yesterday with my partner in 2vs2. We don't like it both. Too many grenaders, panzergrenader or assault grenaders for 2-3 snipes handle them in 2vs2. It is a very all-in strat. If snipe don't do damage or worst if you lose one, you have a big disadvantage. And there is a very weak point to ostwind and P4. Guards can't kill them. They can't even button them if the german is aware on smoke screen. Your partner needs then to handle T3 alone. (german T3 rush is before T34-85)

The 2 game we done was on open map so with lot of way to flank snipe. On a smaller map it can be better. But german start with 3x double assault grenaders (seen yesterday) will counter it well.

Perhaps in 1vs1 it is better also because there is less infantry.

16 Jan 2014, 16:52 PM

Permanently Banned
1. it is 1v1 strat
2. why? because it sucks on big maps, for example moscow
17 Jan 2014, 13:15 PM

now we can confirm it :P

Don't do that in 2vs2 !
17 Jan 2014, 13:18 PM

Permanently Banned
actually i do it in 2v2 too, lost only once, on big map.. yesterday...
23 Jan 2014, 22:58 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2013, 01:23 AMakosi
Greetings!

HARD(if you meet the enemy he knows you beated him,and now probably everybody in this forum :) )

cons cons T1( engi capture one point then go back to base) sniper sniper guards guards t85

forgot to say, it is because enemy wil think you wont spam snipers, but you will MUHAHA
29 Jan 2014, 13:46 PM

Permanently Banned
Jaeger infatry could counter this pretty well, just you must have lots of ammunation for camo(30m) + g43(60m), right Obscura?

Just playd against a guy with Jaeger, he does the exact same strategy what i wrote, sniper spam start then guards spam, but he forgot i am the inventor of this strategy, i could destroy you if i want, Kappa
29 Jan 2014, 13:55 PM

Permanently Banned
24 Feb 2014, 18:13 PM

What about now?

Guards being this late, how should russians play with snipers? I myself tried it with 3cons+2sniper+at nades+ guard, but this feels pretty slow and vulnerable to cars and HT a lot:(
24 Feb 2014, 18:26 PM

Permanently Banned
it is even better because g43 comes late, btw in case of 60 % i called in guards at 2.5 CP ^^
do 3 sniper cons at nade guards.
25 Feb 2014, 12:46 PM

Only one cons with AT nades wont be enough vs flame HT:)

And if he is careful and doesnt fight me, i cant get to 2 CP fast enough. But maybe im doing something wrong:)
25 Feb 2014, 15:22 PM

Permanently Banned
Only one cons with AT nades wont be enough vs flame HT:)

And if he is careful and doesnt fight me, i cant get to 2 CP fast enough. But maybe im doing something wrong:)

but 1 guards eneugh agaisnt even 2 HT

+ spam mines, all muni goes to mine, dont need weapon for guards.

the best i lost hard against was Nik, he made 5 grens then bhought g43 for them. However that was on the map i vetoed, and still i playd on that. Idk if he can do it on langreskaya to for example, but he playd well, and he is the best opponent i playd against with this strategy.
26 Feb 2014, 06:54 AM

So camo G43 is the best counter? noted :)

I have enough of that Cpt.Molo asshole just clown cars spam and guards spam 24/7

222 always got stuck in the pathfinding and got killed.
26 Feb 2014, 08:06 AM

Permanently Banned
he went ET, but camo could work too, especially with sprint, but you need lots of ammo for that..
26 Feb 2014, 09:55 AM

Hm. I played mostly with germans and met this strategy in 1v1 game yesterday. I liked it. Because it was easyer for me to win :P. First, I managed to take more territory than the soviet player - which is not verry well for soviets. Secondly, I used S mines and killed 2 enemy full squads because of them and killed half of another. Thirdly, I used Assault Support doctrine and placed my Opel blitz on amo. Because of that, enemy guards and cons where mostly crawling than running and shooting, because I had enough amo for several straffing runs. Due to lack of MP he didn't build but one Su-85 killed later by a PIV and a Stug. Lost his sniper later to a rifle grenade shot in his retreating trail, after straffing run killed one of the snipers.

Shortly, there's the counter to this strategy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★