Login

russian armor

akosi's strategy

15 Dec 2013, 01:23 AM

Permanently Banned
Greetings!
Let me introduce you a new strategie for(probably for only this) this new patch.
These new CP changes allow us to bring guards earlier, and this is what we will use to crush those germans.We have the weapon to destroy light vehicles, but what about the infatry? The answer is: Snipers.Yes, we will spam snipers.

Build order below |
V

In early game you capture points with snipers until you can blob 2-3 of them. Then you should reach 1 CP,then call in the guards squads, you can may bring only one,no more if you find it eneugh, and you may start making conscripts, but you only buy one button weapon,dont need more. The rest of ammo goes to the mines. Later you can bring more guards, but i prefer spamming conscripts to get map control. After t1 you dont tech, unless you have a reason(need AT gun or something else) and call in the t85s. The t85s should come the same time with the P4. T85s will easily kill the p4s, so the games should be ending in 10 CP below.

I find very hard to beat this strategy,but there are a few ppl who managed to(atm only one,NovSeb, he tested new strategy,2 sniper start... :P) lets see.

(thanking to DevM the inspiration)

BUILD ORDER:

SAFE( enemy will hate you)
1:
T1 sniper sniper(enemy didnot saw your snipers) sniper guards guards guards ( in case on mortal spam bring 120mm) t85

2: sniper sniper(enemy save one of your sniper) conscripts ,at nade, guards, conscript, sniper ,guards, t85

HARD(if you meet the enemy he knows you beated him,and now probably everybody in this forum :) )

cons cons T1( engi capture one point then go back to base) sniper sniper guards guards t85

without guards:
sniper sniper cons cons at nade healthcenter molotov cons cons cons t85 or Is2 ( the hacker doctrine one)

Have a nice abuse.
akosi
15 Dec 2013, 01:23 AM

Permanently Banned
15 Dec 2013, 05:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2013, 01:23 AMakosi
reserved for replays.

http://www.coh2.org/replays/12053/akosi-s-strategy

Not a fan of this strat at all. No capping power, infact i dont think it was till 20 mins in to the game did you attack his cutoff or fuel point. The whole game you seemed to be on ur back foot responding to all the germans advances. Becuase the german player was able to hold his fuel and build a cache and harass ur supply's he had armor far sooner then you did, and ur t34/85s where able to take down one of his p4s how ever you lost all yours.
15 Dec 2013, 10:27 AM

Permanently Banned
this replay is the first exception when the games wasnot ended before 8 CP, the rest of do. I could upload replays when the enemy left after he loses flame halftrack and scout cars, but they are crappy games... or they just spam vet3 mortals what i kill with 120mm..
15 Dec 2013, 11:22 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

DevM used a variation of this against me in yesterday's SNF Quali Tourney. Needless to say, I got pwnd.

Not an exciting (or long) replay, but it's DevM showing how it's done.
15 Dec 2013, 11:32 AM

Permanently Banned
Because Guard come earlier now, so you 222 is not a counter at the moment, and you loose map control normaly ....

This moment in the begin with guard earlier, so 222 have no power against sniper in the begin, i find is very not good for the game and maybe cheat.
15 Dec 2013, 11:54 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Just a little theorycraft here- lightning war might work well against it, since g43s counter snipers pretty well, combined with fast infantry movement to chase down and force retreats/kill retreating snipers. No armor before T3485s leaves you free to save for Tigers while stalling the 2CP gap with fausts/paks. I haven't faced sniper-spam in a long time though, and I don't have lightning war myself, so take this suggestion with a grain of salt.
15 Dec 2013, 12:22 PM

Permanently Banned
Sturm, added a replay for you. However i had now a challange because i beated him before with this strategy, so he doesnot meet it for the first time. but at least i had another name,so i could suprise him :P
Another proof to dont afraid if the enemy brings p4 earlier, he will afraid of at nades.
15 Dec 2013, 14:20 PM

Strum, wouldn't the g43 struggle against a sniper blob though, they just won't have time to pick then off?

I've not watched the replays yet because I'm at work, but would it not work best to have 1-2 con first cor capping power?
15 Dec 2013, 14:27 PM

Permanently Banned
Strum, wouldn't the g43 struggle against a s Jose blob though, they just won't have time to pick then off?

I've not watched the replays yet because I'm at work, but would it not work best to have 1-2 con first cor capping power?

in some map i do, like semois winter, where sniper cant capture in safe.
15 Dec 2013, 15:02 PM

Also, would the best response for German as soon as he encounters snipers with no conscripts, be to retreat pretty much everything and spam out a couple scout cars?

Or would even that not be enough to deny 1CP? I guess in that situation building a quick fuel CP would give enough XP to hit 1 Cp.

Your last build is exactly what got me upto rank 150, except I was using penals instead of snipers, which became expensive and didn't work against higher level players.
15 Dec 2013, 15:16 PM

Permanently Banned
Also, would the best response for German as soon as he encounters snipers with no conscripts, be to retreat pretty much everything and spam out a couple scout cars?

Or would even that not be enough to deny 1CP? I guess in that situation building a quick fuel CP would give enough XP to hit 1 Cp.

Your last build is exactly what got me upto rank 150, except I was using penals instead of snipers, which became expensive and didn't work against higher level players.

i met against this, that is why i go then 2 sniper conscript,at nade,
he went flame HT,+ 2 scout car, he flanked me, but 1 scout car went to mine rest of two vehicles got at nade....
15 Dec 2013, 15:35 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Strum, wouldn't the g43 struggle against a sniper blob though, they just won't have time to pick then off

I was thinking since there's no threat of maxim or Shocks, just spam grens and blob forward at snipers and force them off the fuel. Soviet snipers fire really slow, and the spotter dies at range from random shots quite often. With the building nerf conscripts can't stall in buildings like they could last patch either. In the replay akosi posted he had two snipers throughout, and two conscripts to start with- probably not enough to hold back 5 or 6 grenadiers even without g43s.

Once-over split his grenadiers up and got forced away one by one along the peripherals if I'm not wrong, so the G43s couldn't get to work in that replay. Just my uneducated opinion though.
15 Dec 2013, 15:42 PM

Permanently Banned
best counter is the same was in summer against sniper+guards+su85, 4-5 gren + 1 HT near.. but what if i am an evil and bring 120mm ^^
15 Dec 2013, 15:46 PM

Permanently Banned
if somebody would use this strat against me(i would be like Severus Snape: how dare you use my own strat against me.) i would bring pak43 and nebel. Pak43 will kill the t85s. Infatry will defend the pak43 from flanks,snipers,120mm, and nebel should kill the mortal and sniper. OR simple pak43 + ostwind spam... forgot the g43 and sprint it wont work, or will but not against me.
15 Dec 2013, 15:49 PM

Sniper could try to bait blobs into mines as well.

If they go only with grens and a HT, guards in an M3 kiting in and out to avoid Faust could be a pain for the FHT.
11 Jan 2014, 02:33 AM

Permanently Banned
if somebody payd for Elite Troops Doctrine, he can make vet3 sniper who will deal with the snipers.
But its need micro, i dont recommend to newbies.
11 Jan 2014, 03:26 AM

Permanently Banned
i am going to rewrite the strategy after the patch, so it will be OP and easier again.
11 Jan 2014, 04:44 AM

I ve been using a very similar strat and i have found the german ostpup doctrine counters it, just because they can overwhelm you with cheap six man ostpup squads and have a huge capping advantage.
11 Jan 2014, 05:48 AM

using smt very similar in 2v2 and it works like a charm or maybe it works because the german counter sucks :D ( scoutcar )
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★