Login

russian armor

Patch Notes Discussion (Dec. 10th)

PAGES (12)down
13 Dec 2013, 16:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2013, 16:04 PMNullist
Most of the "complaining" about PPSH's was apparent specifically in threads where some Sov bois wanted the old overpowered PPSH to be CP1. Serious posters where so busy debunking and damage controlling in those threads they never even got a chance to post "PPSH needs nerf" threads, and the resultant animosity and trolling from those same Sov posters to even one such thread would have been absolutely enormous.

And there where MANY of those. Repeatedly, people tried to push the old PPSH to CP1.

There, the complaints against PPSH where mostly expressed in a desperate effort to prevent their change to CP1 with the old stats. Not that the Sov bois acknowledged even one inch of those.

Imagine if I had posted a PPSH nerf thread a month ago. Imagine the reaction.
I got called all kinds of shit for resisting and arguing against the old PPSH being changed to CP1, as they wanted... Guess who was right in the end?

As much as you may hate me and think I'm an asshat, take it from me as someone who has read everything since launch on Central Coh2 tab. Thats how its happened.

Hilarious, in retrospect. How completely out of touch so much balance discussion actually is. I am eternally glad and grateful that Relics real balance team, yet again, cuts through the bullshit and is really centrally concerned with actual real issues, time and time again they have delivered on those.

DLC Commanders, obviously not withstanding, but those are by another guy, and financially motivated. Unfortunate, but the real balance team is still delivering sterling patches that really, seriously, improve the game patch after patch.

I don't hate you LoL...
The 1 CP change was a sugestion in response to the imba LMG Grens if I remember correctly...
Still I failed to see ONE pre-patch thread about PPsh overpowered or something like that...
13 Dec 2013, 16:17 PM

If you seriously believe that the MG was doing something before patch, I think you should stop playing this game as soviets only

---------> I'm rank 8 with axis in 1 vs 1 and 8 with soviet in 1 vs 1.

Yes, mg 42 was a support weapow, like a gun use for support your army, grens maybe ?

i used Mg 42 in map like langres, it was very powerfull, and i use one mg 42 in map like kholodyny, because it's a map with not lot "old" buildings.

It's very funny to see some guys find Mg 42 useless in the game before patch, they maybe don't understand the sence of support weapon, MG 42 was very powerfull before patch in close map if you used this unit like a support weapon.

PS : And i forget to say : Mg 42 suppress faster maxim, it's true, the suppression of mg 42 was increase by 10 % you remember ?
13 Dec 2013, 16:24 PM
Patrion 26

If you seriously believe that the MG was doing something before patch, I think you should stop playing this game as soviets only

---------> I'm rank 8 with axis in 1 vs 1 and 8 with soviet in 1 vs 1.

Yes, mg 42 was a support weapow, like a gun use for support your army, grens maybe ?

i used Mg 42 in map like langres, it was very powerfull, and i use one mg 42 in map like kholodyny, because it's a map with not lot "old" buildings.

It's very funny to see some guys find Mg 42 useless in the game before patch, they maybe don't understand the sence of support weapon, MG 42 was very powerfull before patch in close map if you used this unit like a support weapon.

PS : And i forget to say : Mg 42 suppress faster maxim, it's true, the suppression of mg 42 was increase by 10 % you remember ?

So let me get this straight you are rank 8 on both factions (I guess decay doesnt work for shit) and you are actually the ONLY one from the top 10 who believes that MG42 was a powerful tool pre patch. Are you sure we are playing the same game? How exactly the MG42 is overpowered now? Because you cannot rush into its face with 1 cons? Or because you played against someone who actually freaking microes it and suppresses 2 squads? Because right now it feels just as it should be.

P.S: Nope maxim still suppresses MG faster
13 Dec 2013, 16:26 PM
Benefactor 115

let me remind you about the meta changes:
people wanted CP1 ppsh simply to counter overpowered LMG Grens.
Then LMG Grens got nerfed +
Starting Manpower increased
This, in conjunction with the inability of the mg42 to stop infantry blobs, made conscripts spam overpowered (ppsh were a marginal issue since conscript were owerpowered even without them).
13 Dec 2013, 16:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2013, 16:02 PMCieZ

Please keep in mind that this was a bug fix, not a nerf. Old ppsh were extremely over powered. Anyone that didn't realize this was either really dense or quite slow... Also plenty of people complained about them, including myself. So yeah. Deal with it.

I rarely used them anyway so who cares.
13 Dec 2013, 16:33 PM

Paranoya, i can't speak with you, you lie.

I don't speak with MAD people and personn who think they have the verity universal.

It's a shame guy like you.

Adios
13 Dec 2013, 16:37 PM
Patrion 26

How exactly do I lie? And why I am mad?
13 Dec 2013, 16:48 PM

Ok, then new PPSH is worse than LMG and G43, right?

Well, is cheaper and probably appear faster or at least at the same time.
It seems fair to me, I don't understand the fuss about the change.
1 of 3 Relic postsRelic 13 Dec 2013, 16:54 PM

Some of you may have noticed but we left some stuff out of our December 10th notes.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/67-coh-2-changelog/page2 (last post)

Apologies. We're looking at improving our internal process so this sort of thing doesn't happen again.
13 Dec 2013, 16:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2013, 16:48 PMGreeb
Ok, then new PPSH is worse than LMG and G43, right?

Well, is cheaper and probably appear faster or at least at the same time.
It seems fair to me, I don't understand the fuss about the change.

The "fuss" is Conscripts can't stand their ground anymore,not until the first unit of LMGGrens,G43Grens,PGrens,AssGrens hit the field while at the same price of 240 MP Grens can counter Shocks or Guards or whatever...
This is called balanced for you,right?
13 Dec 2013, 16:55 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2013, 16:54 PMNoun
Some of you may have noticed but we left some stuff out of our December 10th notes.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/67-coh-2-changelog/page2 (last post)

Apologies. We're looking at improving our internal process so this sort of thing doesn't happen again.

It took you guys 3 days to realize that? =)
13 Dec 2013, 17:01 PM

well in this patch tough radio intercept its a lvl 0 skill it does not work until you reach lvl 1, how do you communicate this bug?

can you put this in your to do list? much apreciated.

on a side note plz buff soviet propaganda arty.
2 of 3 Relic postsRelic 13 Dec 2013, 17:02 PM

If you read yesterday's notes you'll see we addressed the Radio Intercept issue. Is it still not working for you?
13 Dec 2013, 17:02 PM

The "fuss" is Conscripts can't stand their ground anymore,not until the first unit of LMGGrens,G43Grens,PGrens,AssGrens hit the field while at the same price of 240 MP Grens can counter Shocks or Guards or whatever...

No, that's why I never did cons spam before. They always seemed to me a cheap unit whose only use was merge, steal weapons and be cannon fodder.

Since MP increase you can use penals supported by cons for reinforcing duty. Penals are really great and vet really fast if you keep them always in the frontline whitout retreating.
Don't waste ammo in flamethrower because is better to keep them at long range.

Even more, with the new patch CP changes you can call Shocks and Guards really fast.

PPSH now are a plus to cons damage output and for 10 ammo I think they are fine.
Is just that you can't build an only conscripts army like before.

My advice is to switch to penals or shocks when you see the first LMGs.
13 Dec 2013, 17:03 PM
Patrion 26

Grens can`t win vs Shocks this is redonkeylous
13 Dec 2013, 17:07 PM

Grens can`t win vs Shocks this is redonkeylous

Wanna bet?
Give them LMG or G43 and they are more of a challenge...
13 Dec 2013, 17:14 PM
Patrion 26

Wanna bet?

anytime
13 Dec 2013, 17:26 PM

Maybe if you charge against a well positioned at long range LMG or G3unit, then Shocks can lose.

But in close quarters Shocks should win easily, and if you have to charge against a far away unit, just use smoke to prevent being shooted while approaching.
13 Dec 2013, 17:28 PM

Joker, almost all of your posts of heavily favored for buffing Soviets and nerfing Germans, but lately you've gone from extreme to ridiculous.

Wanna bet?
13 Dec 2013, 18:41 PM

Thanks for updating this. Many moving parts are hard to simultaneously coordinate. Apology accepted.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS