Login

russian armor

Luftwafe support needs to be nerfed

8 Dec 2013, 22:14 PM

200 manpower and you have 150 munition or 50 fuel. Best commander of all time. In team games awesome.
8 Dec 2013, 23:55 PM

disagree. good commander yes but not OP, maybe increase to 300 manpower for the call-in.
9 Dec 2013, 00:10 AM

It is interesting that you see it as a particular problem in team games when caches are better in team games because each player on a team gets their bonus income and because team games tend to last longer (further increasing the overall gain from caches).

I agree that 150 munitions or 50 fuel for 200 manpower is strong but I think the downsides outweigh that(requires 2 CP, requires infantry unit and player attention to pick up, can be stolen!, requires control of a muni/fuel point to be activated, isn't available before and in blizzard).
It is certainly better designed unlike other resource boosts like Soviet Industry.

If you had problems fighting against it, I'd certainly like to watch those replays.
9 Dec 2013, 00:14 AM

Permanently Banned
You will never see 150 muni or 50 fuel from a single run. On average, you will get 75 muni and 25 fuel.
9 Dec 2013, 00:20 AM

Is this from your own experience?
When I used it I certainly got the same amount every time: 5 drops per use, 30 munitions per drop or 10 fuel per drop.

What were the circumstances? Was it a team game? Did a blizzard start and maybe stop the ability? Or was the plane shot down?
I'm a bit confused what might influence your experience with the ability.
9 Dec 2013, 01:14 AM

Permanently Banned
Is this from your own experience?
When I used it I certainly got the same amount every time: 5 drops per use, 30 munitions per drop or 10 fuel per drop.

What were the circumstances? Was it a team game? Did a blizzard start and maybe stop the ability? Or was the plane shot down?
I'm a bit confused what might influence your experience with the ability.

There are 5 packages dropped, containing either fuel or munitions. In order for you to get 50 fuel, all 5 packages will have to be fuel. The chance of that is 2^5, or 1 in every 32 drops. On average, 2.5 packages will be muni, and 2.5 will be fuel.
9 Dec 2013, 01:25 AM

You don't seem to understand how the ability actually works:
You use the ability on a muni point -> you get 5 muni drops (150 munitions)
You use the ability on a fuel point -> you get 5 fuel drops (50 fuel)

There is nothing random about it, so you can't really talk about averages nor stochastics.
9 Dec 2013, 02:04 AM

The risk associated with it is big, it takes an entire minute for all packages to drop, during which they can be intercepted and stolen. On top of that, you have to hold the fuel/muni point. And on top of that, you have to face the fact that your entire doctrine is unusable during a blizzard.

The doctrine is also very map dependant. Take a map like Rails for example, the fuel drops are risky as hell since those points are always being fought over, muni is doable with a strong frontline. I wouldn't advise going Luft on that particular map.

And yep correct rofl, he doesn't know what he's talking about.
9 Dec 2013, 06:13 AM

You have problem lock sector with wermacht? Try bunker with mg or ostwind. Teammate can secure with elefant.
Best commander, more stronger then penalised soviet industry.
9 Dec 2013, 06:21 AM

Airborne gave 100muni AND some fuel for 100-150mp yet it was one of the weakest doctrines in the vanilla matchup.
9 Dec 2013, 06:36 AM

Luftwaffe is a good commander but I wouldn't say it is overpowered. The commander is only begins to be useful once you get 2 command points. It requires you to LOCK down a sector completely. If you allow a german player to lock down a sector before he gets 2 CP's then...there is some faulty gameplay going on.
9 Dec 2013, 07:11 AM
Donator 22

pls stop using the word "OP" -_- because it is definitely not an OP commander
9 Dec 2013, 08:07 AM

This is, honestly, a ridiculous commander. A friend and I were able to roflstomp two RU players using Soviet Industry with himself using Luftwaffles and myself using the (frankly useless) Mechanized Doctrine (iirc, from ToW; the LMG Grens in a clowncar doc). I was able to pump out Grens and give them all LMGs, spam mines, flamers, and throw MGs and optics onto my 4 StuGs, with munitions to spare for Incendiary Shells to spam. It also boosted teching by a silly rate; hell, my friend had 3 Panthers out by the time I had StuGs (short on manpower thanks to me being the primary meat shield while he focused on teching as fast as possible).

It returns too much for too little. Basically, "here, win the resource war that was already borked all to hell with CoH2's crap resource mechanics by simply clicking a button and clicking on a resource point of your choice". Presto, instant, easy teching. Then you get air-droppable medkits that also buff your infantry? Wat??! This is even sillier in tandem with the Elite Troops doc, you can use the fuel to offset vetting everything from your Panthers to the poor Volksgrenadier on latrine duty and still tech to whatever the hell you want.
9 Dec 2013, 08:20 AM

I kinda prefer to build a normal cache, it's out the way of the enemy, requires no micro, requires no unit hanging round wasting its time, cannot be stolen, gives constant resource for one time purchase and can be bought earlier on.

going luft your also choosing not to have any heavy call ins, no tank smoke etc etc.

Only thing I see it being good for is a support commander spamming stukas.
9 Dec 2013, 08:56 AM

Airborne gave 100muni AND some fuel for 100-150mp yet it was one of the weakest doctrines in the vanilla matchup.

In vanilla, airborne drop help fight against heavy german armour. Now it have germans and it is awesome. Many people underestimated this commander. Want heavy tanks. Against soviets are panthers enough.
In 1v1 not as good. But in team games shine and it is bet on victory.
9 Dec 2013, 09:21 AM

The Luftwaffe Commander is only ever useful against inferior enemies and only on certain teammaps. Besides that, a cache or opel blitz is by far the better choice.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★