Login

russian armor

Relic is updating VCoH

PAGES (13)down
8 Dec 2013, 00:49 AM
Coder Red Badge

Wait, you mean a beta isn't fully functional? HOLY FUCKING SHIT DEVELOPERS KILL YOURSELVES.

People are stupid.
8 Dec 2013, 00:53 AM

Wait, you mean a beta isn't fully functional? HOLY FUCKING SHIT DEVELOPERS KILL YOURSELVES.

People are stupid.

In their defense this is a 7 year old game and the non-beta version is currently equally broken. :lol:
8 Dec 2013, 00:54 AM

Said it before - I'll say it again.

COH HD

Get rid of the rubbish P2P and bring the graphics up to 2014 (that includes SLI - as we saw COH2 couldn't do).

I think after what we've all gone through with COH2 - COH HD would sell beyond belief.

^^ I like the sound of that! I'd pay for that.
8 Dec 2013, 01:57 AM

Said it before - I'll say it again.

COH HD

Get rid of the rubbish P2P and bring the graphics up to 2014

Tbh, Max graphics settings on COH are probably better than on COH2 and you don't even need a beastly computer for it anymore.
AoE2 HD (graphics not so HD) was also just a cashcow with new hosting servers. They did bring DLC now, with new factions.

A COHO / COH2 matchmaking system.
Optionally a couple of new maps? maybe some proper support? (if possibru)

Call it COH HD, by changing one visual animation in the game (M10 misfire bug animation) And let the money roll in. :D

8 Dec 2013, 02:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2013, 01:57 AM12ocky

Tbh, Max graphics settings on COH are probably better than on COH2 and you don't even need a beastly computer for it anymore.
AoE2 HD (graphics not so HD) was also just a cashcow with new hosting servers. They did bring DLC now, with new factions.

A COHO / COH2 matchmaking system.
Optionally a couple of new maps? maybe some proper support? (if possibru)

Call it COH HD, by changing one visual animation in the game (M10 misfire bug animation) And let the money roll in. :D

I'd personally be happy with a carbon copy COH with the removal of the P2P - but some would want the "HD" to make paying the $$'s more justifiable.

So long as they put on the dev team from COH1 and ensured nobody from the COH2 team had ANYTHING to do with COH HD - they'd have a winner on their hands.

Given COH2 is in the $10 bargain bin already (you could even get it from Steam for $12 last week) - I think the team at Sega should really look at doing COH HD.

I uninstalled COH2 when the "turning point" P2W shenanigans started - and with AAA titles out there like BF4 etc flooding the market at $20 a pop, it doesn't look good.

I'd rather let my gaming rig mine litecoins than play COH2 - and funnily enough that's exactly what I have been doing.
8 Dec 2013, 02:51 AM

Yeah, I like the idea of Coh HD. If they really fix coh to its old state, there will be easily more player online in coh than coh2.

Sorry to say Noun, coh2 is epic fail as compared to coh and it will die soon as COHO died. Coh is still alive and loved by more players than coh2 atm due to it was far better than coh2 even at its release in 2006.

Who are we kidding here? everybody knows that very very less players are in coh beta patch playing, how one the earth do you think that they will give you proper feedback or bug testing?

If thats best you can do right now and further ahead for COH, pls stop selling coh. Its cheating, selling broken product to be honest...
8 Dec 2013, 03:02 AM
Coder Red Badge

It's impractical to make an RTS client-server. There's way too much information that constantly has to be transmitted between players. It works in MOBAs because there's rarely more than 25 player-controlled units in a single game, and that's between 10 physical players. RTS games have exponentially more units and therefore would require far more bandwidth and processing power to run a client-server infrastructure.

The only RTS that's done something different is SC2, and even then they just use the server to validate information and pass it on to the other players. The game isn't run on the server like a true client-server game.
8 Dec 2013, 03:19 AM

I'd personally be happy with a carbon copy COH with the removal of the P2P - but some would want the "HD" to make paying the $$'s more justifiable.
So long as they put on the dev team from COH1 and ensured nobody from the COH2 team had ANYTHING to do with COH HD - they'd have a winner on their hands.

Given COH2 is in the $10 bargain bin already (you could even get it from Steam for $12 last week) - I think the team at Sega should really look at doing COH HD.

I uninstalled COH2 when the "turning point" P2W shenanigans started - and with AAA titles out there like BF4 etc flooding the market at $20 a pop, it doesn't look good.

*P2P could work fine, it's just not working great right now

*got it for 8 euros :p

*Pay2 Win would eventually disappear, although i'm opposed to it aswell. They are still trying to balance the game, that you can see in their patch notes where they really change a lot. They rushed the game out, cause in need of cash.

I just think if they would have listened at the start of Alpha where people were already complaining about the User Interface. It would have made things a lot better. I dont't like playing COH2 not because of bulletins or commanders or imbalanced units. I don't like playing it because I need to look everywhere on the screen, turn my head upside down if I want to read the resources, and being distraced by some annoying pinging icons. It's a stressful interface, which takes away a lot of enjoyable gameplay.

The old Cohteam? No chance man. David Kim a famous SC2 Beta tester works at Blizzard, he used to work on COH1. I bet a bunch of those guys work at Blizzard now. When I looked at COH2 developers interviews and stuff. I always felt a lack of vision.
8 Dec 2013, 11:41 AM

Lots of people talking lots of bullshit.

Can't get a game anymore, I'll just wait for the next update of beta.
8 Dec 2013, 13:19 PM

Just Tried to cast a replay in which for some reason it completely missed out on every unit created in the match itself
8 Dec 2013, 13:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2013, 20:16 PMNoun
This is life in a beta. We have a very small team testing this and not much time so we're relying on you to help us.

If it's stressing you out and making you upset that's no good. Take a break, hop back to the regular version and try our next update or wait until it's done.

If you do want to provide feedback the best place is on our forums where the Dev team are monitoring.

Not stressed at all. But i've to admit that recent update to -beta made game unstable.

I tryed to post a list of bugs in yout forum, but got JSON parse error. You should rly give your forum back to guys who made it to repair. Here's the topic:

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes/company-of-heroes-beta/9562-follow-this-thread-for-list-of-bugs-with-beta

(u've to be logged in to see the pictures)
8 Dec 2013, 16:37 PM

Sync error after nearly every game. Auto match and AT takes for ever....

Still there is the bug that you cant control your units...

I would donate for COH HD.
8 Dec 2013, 16:48 PM

They should start Coh HD as kickstarter and see how much money really comes in
8 Dec 2013, 17:10 PM

should ROLL back to previous -beta before update and start from there. After update is has more new BUGS then there was fixed.
8 Dec 2013, 17:11 PM
Donator 22

for those saying CoH2 is dead, have a look at the player numbers.

While COH2 is still hovering around 4000 players, there is hardly anybody left for vCoH. a few hundred!

Though I love the old one, I cannot blame Relic for following where the crowd is. And that is CoH2 for sure!

8 Dec 2013, 17:13 PM

While COH2 is still hovering around 4000 players, there is hardly anybody left for vCoH. a few hundred!

Though I love the old one, I cannot blame Relic for following where the crowd is. And that is CoH2 for sure!

crowd is there only because it is supported, while COH1 is not
8 Dec 2013, 17:15 PM

crowd is there only because it is supported, while COH1 is not

are you looking at the right coh i normally see way more than 190 ppl playing.
8 Dec 2013, 17:17 PM

new bug explored - after update no more invitations to join a match works at all. Everytime it writes "could not connect to online server"

8 Dec 2013, 17:38 PM
Donator 22

are you looking at the right coh i normally see way more than 190 ppl playing.

dunno, have a look for yourself and feel invited to post!
8 Dec 2013, 17:47 PM

That's not the updated Steam version.

Here are the statistics for the updated version. Only a difference of 1300 or so.

PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS