Community

3 of 3 Relic postsRelic 27 Nov 2013, 19:01 PM

This is what we have learned about Noun so far:

-He likes pizza alot
-Has a nagging wife
-Wears ridiculous clothes
-Loves rhetorical questions

Lets give Noun a break. :P

My wife doesn't nag. She just wants me to get my pants hemmed like an adult.
27 Nov 2013, 19:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2013, 19:01 PMNoun

Alrite, calm your tits. She is not going to read this forum, you can be honest with us. ;) :P
27 Nov 2013, 19:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2013, 19:01 PMNoun

Then you lucky.... All wives nag MVGame

Good to have you back, hope you enjoyed the break. Please take a look at this thread:

http://www.coh2.org/topic/11064/commander-overlap-a-serious-problem

EDIT: Gawd damn spellink
28 Nov 2013, 10:30 AM

He already looked.

But didn't post.

ZOMG! ;)
28 Nov 2013, 13:26 PM
Patrion 15

Sorry noun but is it not your job as community manager to work with the comunity ??? And answer all the day our question ?? I thought that's your job..
28 Nov 2013, 15:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2013, 18:47 PMNoun
When Lynx used to answer questions about when things where going to happen with "Soon" it became a joke and eventually something you guys didn't like. The reality is on timing issues sometimes we can't share times because things in software development have a habit of taking longer than you think, and if we gave dates and then missed them people would be more upset than us being vague.

So do we keep saying things like "Soon" which eventually just start annoying people and sounding repetitive or do we just let people speculate a bit more?

It's the same thing with feedback. There has been a ton of great stuff posted on these forums, the Steam forums and our own. A lot of it's the same thing again and again, which is fine it shows which ideas have caught on with the fans, but I don't have the time to respond to every thread and even if I did we can't take everyone's advice.

If all I wanted to do all day was post "That's a great idea" in reply to every post, I probably could. But how long would it be before that seemed annoying, or like a joke? How long would it be before people started to draw conclusions from when I didn't post?

"Noun didn't say that's a great idea to my post? Maybe he hates my idea. Maybe Relic are going to do that and it's a sign!"

And a lot of the time we can't use the great ideas, because we have other stuff planned or it's in a different direction than we want to take the game.

We're running two betas right now for CoH 2, one for DLC and one for balance. The people in that get a chance to give feedback direct to the balance team, or the designers creating the DLC. I think BC is looking for more beta testers for the balance beta, and that thread is on our official forums.

That's a great way to get specific balance ideas right in front of the people who make the changes, exactly when they're making changes.

Ultimately we're listening to you, even if we're not pipping into each thread to say so. And we consider all your feedback, even if we don't end up taking it because we have to balance that with the feedback of other people and our own ideas of designing the game.

The other thing to consider is the speed of changes. The idea that it's been 12 or 15 days since a change was proposed and it should be live now, is based on a very aggressive update schedule. Even the most basic balance changes need to be tested, sent to Q/A to test and then made live. That's costly. And that's when everyone agrees exactly what needs to change.

We feel the cost is worth it, but pushing that faster raises that cost. Sometimes we've done that, made changes quicker because we felt it was necessary, but it's not something we can do all the time every time.

Lastly we can value your feedback without agreeing with it, or following it. My wife tells me that my hat looks stupid and I should wear different pants and yet I still dress like a hipster idiot. It doesn't mean I don't love my wife, or value what she says. It just means that I might also like wearing these pants or this hat.

We value frank and constructive feedback. It's best when it can come from a place where everyone assumes that the other side is intelligent and only wants the best for the game. If not, well we filter out the passion and pass on the meat of the message.

And it's all good. Passion is a good thing. If you didn't care about the game you wouldn't be here complaining. We like that you care, that's what we want.

Thanks for the clarification. The community gets very bitchy when feeling unheard :D
28 Nov 2013, 16:23 PM

We're running two betas right now for CoH 2, one for DLC and one for balance. The people in that get a chance to give feedback direct to the balance team, or the designers creating the DLC. I think BC is looking for more beta testers for the balance beta, and that thread is on our official forums.

Doesn't that seem problematic though? Having two concurrent beta tests? How can either make or release a change without completely undoing the work of the other team?

I mean, how can DLC be balanced or DLC implemented in a balanced fashion if they're exclusive of each other? I really don't aim to criticize, I'm just very curious about the logic behind the method.

I feel like this is exactly the example of why the community (At least here on this site) has been so frustrated by both the balance and the DLC of this game.
28 Nov 2013, 17:31 PM

Doesn't that seem problematic though? Having two concurrent beta tests? How can either make or release a change without completely undoing the work of the other team?

I mean, how can DLC be balanced or DLC implemented in a balanced fashion if they're exclusive of each other? I really don't aim to criticize, I'm just very curious about the logic behind the method.

I feel like this is exactly the example of why the community (At least here on this site) has been so frustrated by both the balance and the DLC of this game.

I guess one group only tests the core game plus the already released commanders while the other group tests the core game plus the already released commanders plus the future dlc commanders.

Everything else would not make sense at all.
28 Nov 2013, 17:47 PM
Donator 22

We are getting an upcoming patch for the released commanders and balancing, plus new commanders ?! :P oO
28 Nov 2013, 18:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2013, 18:47 PMNoun
When Lynx used to answer questions about when things where going to happen with "Soon" it became a joke and eventually something you guys didn't like. The reality is on timing issues sometimes we can't share times because things in software development have a habit of taking longer than you think, and if we gave dates and then missed them people would be more upset than us being vague.

So do we keep saying things like "Soon" which eventually just start annoying people and sounding repetitive or do we just let people speculate a bit more?

It's the same thing with feedback. There has been a ton of great stuff posted on these forums, the Steam forums and our own. A lot of it's the same thing again and again, which is fine it shows which ideas have caught on with the fans, but I don't have the time to respond to every thread and even if I did we can't take everyone's advice.

If all I wanted to do all day was post "That's a great idea" in reply to every post, I probably could. But how long would it be before that seemed annoying, or like a joke? How long would it be before people started to draw conclusions from when I didn't post?

"Noun didn't say that's a great idea to my post? Maybe he hates my idea. Maybe Relic are going to do that and it's a sign!"

And a lot of the time we can't use the great ideas, because we have other stuff planned or it's in a different direction than we want to take the game.

That's a great way to get specific balance ideas right in front of the people who make the changes, exactly when they're making changes.

Ultimately we're listening to you, even if we're not pipping into each thread to say so. And we consider all your feedback, even if we don't end up taking it because we have to balance that with the feedback of other people and our own ideas of designing the game.

The other thing to consider is the speed of changes. The idea that it's been 12 or 15 days since a change was proposed and it should be live now, is based on a very aggressive update schedule. Even the most basic balance changes need to be tested, sent to Q/A to test and then made live. That's costly. And that's when everyone agrees exactly what needs to change.

We feel the cost is worth it, but pushing that faster raises that cost. Sometimes we've done that, made changes quicker because we felt it was necessary, but it's not something we can do all the time every time.

Lastly we can value your feedback without agreeing with it, or following it. My wife tells me that my hat looks stupid and I should wear different pants and yet I still dress like a hipster idiot. It doesn't mean I don't love my wife, or value what she says. It just means that I might also like wearing these pants or this hat.

We value frank and constructive feedback. It's best when it can come from a place where everyone assumes that the other side is intelligent and only wants the best for the game. If not, well we filter out the passion and pass on the meat of the message.

And it's all good. Passion is a good thing. If you didn't care about the game you wouldn't be here complaining. We like that you care, that's what we want.

That's fine, and I'm sorry about your pants and hat...or whatever that was.

You've still failed to give any explanation about the business model or the missing/poor features that are still not being addressed. If you truly care about the game as much as we do, you'll want to explain why there is such a complete dearth of features that contribute to game longevity. You still continue to speak in rhetoric that wishes to appease the community while dancing around issues that are bigger than balance or betas. Can I get into a beta where you're testing public lobbies, leaderboards and a chat system similar to the first game and not an mIRC box? Can I sign up for a beta that is trying to increase FPS, SLI support, and tame down the blizzard mechanic? Can I sign up for a beta where I test super commanders/new units that won't have to be paid for with the goal to have them balance the game? Where's that beta? I'll gladly play that one. Until then, I won't be a participant in this scam.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★