Login

russian armor

1.4 update - December 5th

16 Nov 2023, 19:42 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Steel Shepherd is bringing impactful updates, new free content including maps, and additional improvements to key areas of the game. We already gave an overview of what players should look out for back when we released our Roadmap in late August. Replays, a new 1v1 Map, Onboarding Improvements, and several gameplay updates were among what was revealed at this time. However, since then, we’ve been able to squeeze additional improvements and content into Steel Shepherd, which we think players will really appreciate. One such item is a major Visual Update which encompasses numerous areas of the game. Not only that, but we’re also introducing a substantial overhaul of the Campaign Map Systems, a Main Menu Redesign, an additional 2v2 Map, and more!

17 Nov 2023, 01:20 AM

The game itself is now becoming what it should have been on launch, overall a very good and promising update, just the amount of new content is pretty 'meh' but that's to be expected with god knows how much manpower got eaten by Relic's efforts to fix the core of the game.

Hopefully Relic can now shift their focus from "fix the game" to "add new content" beginning in 2024 and they can turn this into a successful game with a somewhat big playerbase and without SEGA pulling the plug
17 Nov 2023, 12:26 PM

The game itself is now becoming what it should have been on launch, overall a very good and promising update, just the amount of new content is pretty 'meh' but that's to be expected with god knows how much manpower got eaten by Relic's efforts to fix the core of the game.

Hopefully Relic can now shift their focus from "fix the game" to "add new content" beginning in 2024 and they can turn this into a successful game with a somewhat big playerbase and without SEGA pulling the plug

I was predicting that this DLC would be pretty large and contain some new single player items such as a new campaign. All I see is two new battle groups? RIP. If I paid for the premium version and all I got was two battlegroups and some skins, I would be very very upset.

Add this to the Twitch change from Relic to CompanyOfHeroes and all I see is red flags.

Meh DLC, name change, no large updates since release = Dead Game. They are not focused on this game. They must be working on something else. A new game or perhaps the real DLC for later release. Either way, it looks bad for the coming months. I dont see them fixing the detail stuff that is going to bring back the top players anytime soon™.

That said, it looks like they are finally doing what they should have done 4 years ago with the menu updates, replays, minimap, resource point sprites, etc. I like what I am seeing. It almost looks like a real game now.

I was just hoping this DLC was pretty big and that is why they were dragging their feet. Now I am not so sure. Very few maps for a whole year when we have seen the videos that Mono can push out a top grade map in a week??? Once again I am just left scratching my head.
18 Nov 2023, 06:03 AM

"Main Menu Redesign" oh fuck yes. Best item on the list.

Seriously, current main menu looks like a bag of ass sandwiches.
18 Nov 2023, 19:33 PM
Senior Editor Badge

25 Nov 2023, 01:54 AM

This patch is disappointing. Relic will have to up their game next year or coh3 will be the lame duck in the series
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★