Login

russian armor

4v4 US Infantry Support Company Build (Non-Doc)

13 Sep 2023, 20:57 PM

I decided to come back to CoH 3 with a new goal in mind: attempt to play proficiently at the factions I like to play (DAK and US), without "crutching" on doctrinal infantry. I had a somewhat easy time as DAK, once some people gave me a few pointers, but US was a bit of a different story. Infantry Support Center was something that I could never get to work in 4v4 during the multiplayer beta, and so I wanted to see what I could do to make it work.

Let's be upfront about this:
It's difficult to play. It's not very aggressive until mid-late game, and it doesn't abuse the chaffee like everyone else is doing currently (it's included in the build, but the army composition doesn't revolve around them. Therefore, I think it's safe to classify this build as OFF META. ooo spooky

Additionally, I'm still working on it. Trying to see if I should fit in a riflemen here or there, but I did a pretty good job sticking to tight timing on my tech.

Outdated:

New Build:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/111554/4v4-us-infantry-support-company-build-non-doc/post/897620

Feel free to leave a reply with your opinion on the build. I am
always looking to improve my gameplay, and, as they say: two heads are better than one.

13 Sep 2023, 20:59 PM

I think that removing a bazooka squad and adding a rifleman and AT gun somewhere might be better, but I promise that I was floating veeery little manpower all game, and I was trying to keep losses to a minimum.
14 Sep 2023, 00:23 AM

Your build will be murder fucked by any competent DAK player who rushes flak-HT + 250 auto-cannons tbh.

Unless you play perfectly and completely shut down him early, you will lose everything the second he gets flak.

You can somewhat spent more on inf earlier against WH, but it he rushes 8-rad, you will also just bleed to the death.

Unless you have a teammate, who WILL bring multiple AT options early.

Or if you really-really want to stick with rifles for so long, you at least need demolition unlocked ASAP in inf support centre to spam mines like crazy.
14 Sep 2023, 01:02 AM

snip

You make a good point.

I'm going to try a T3 skip, in that case.

T1>Rifle>Scout Upg>Rifle>WSC>Bazooka>ISC>M3>AT Upgrade>M3>Ambulance>Riflemen>Grenades>BAR, maybe another bazooka squad, Advanced Logistics, etc.

Then Hellcats for MBT
14 Sep 2023, 03:40 AM

You make a good point.

I'm going to try a T3 skip, in that case.

T1>Rifle>Scout Upg>Rifle>WSC>Bazooka>ISC>M3>AT Upgrade>M3>Ambulance>Riflemen>Grenades>BAR, maybe another bazooka squad, Advanced Logistics, etc.

Then Hellcats for MBT

It really depends on the commander you play.

If your goal is to play with-out commander at all, then probably the safest build against DAK would be like

T1>rifle>(nade if he has 250)>rifle>rifle>ISC>T3>AT gun\M8>BAR

Against wehr might be able to squeeze bars before T3 and might not need nades early.

But its not a good idea to play USF without commander, because its basically dictates how you want to play.

If you play airborn, you replace zooks with para-zooks or AT gun paradrops, stick with T1\T2 and rush T4.

With Armored you get jeep and play T1+T3 until E8.

With Spec ops ... eh, I guess like without a commander.

Point here is, USF is super vulnerable to early LVs, bazooka squad is garbage, at best it will just somewhat protect you from dives, but besides 250 flame-pio clown car, there is nothing what will dive you, rather will snipe you from range. Rifles with sprint and AT nade will usually be more of threat then zooka squad.
14 Sep 2023, 03:43 AM

I've been tweaking it some, and I have what I think are two good options, still work in progress:

OUTDATED
ISC T3-T4 Build -

T1> Rifle> Mortar>[Scout - Recon]> Rifle>
T2> Bazooka>
ISC> Halftrack> [HT - Medical Upg.]> Rifle>
T3> AT Gun> BARs> Grenades> Muni Surplus> Upgrade Rifles>

Then the goal is to get Hellcats once you have the fuel for it. Most likely another AT gun needs to fit somewhere in between Upgrade Rifles and BARs. After the first or second AT gun is a good time to get the Advanced Logistics upgrade I think.

ISC T3 Skip Build -

T1> Rifle> Mortar>[Scout - Recon]> Rifle>
T2> Bazooka>
ISC> Halftrack> [HT - AT Upgrade]> Halftrack> [HT - Medical Upg.]> Rifle> BARs> Grenades> Muni Surplus> Upgrade Rifles>

OUTDATED

Same thing as before, the goal is to get Hellcats once you have the fuel for it. Another Bazooka squad would probably be necessary. After the first Hellcat, get the Advanced Logistics upgrade I think.

P.S. - I personally always get the Captain "Off-Map Barrage" ability to help displacing MGs.
14 Sep 2023, 03:44 AM

snip

Thanks for the input. I've been learning a lot. I'll keep what you said in mind.
14 Sep 2023, 03:47 AM

But its not a good idea to play USF without commander, because its basically dictates how you want to play.

That's the whole idea. If I can play proficiently with the base units, then I can use the doctrinal units to change things up when I get bored. Plus I think it helps me improve my micro.
15 Sep 2023, 22:14 PM

Point here is, USF is super vulnerable to early LVs, bazooka squad is garbage,

I disagree on the bazooka squad. I think people sleep on it.

I've taken into consideration your suggestions, and I think I've got a much better build now thanks to you.

Here it is:

T1> Rifle> Mortar> [Scout Recon Upgrade]

Now, the build goes three ways from here, depending on the situation on the field. Really they're just different permutations of the same units based on what you're fighting;

First off, start building a rifleman, but be prepared to cancel it

You must use the scout squad's extra sight to see who the enemy is and what he's fielding.

If DAK, and you see a motorcycle, OR your enemy is Wehr, AND NOT building fallschirmpios, then:
Rifleman> ISC> T2> Bazooka

If DAK, and you see a 250, then:
cancel Rifleman> T2> Bazooka> Rifleman> ISC

If Wehr fallschirmpios, then:
Rifleman> Rifleman> ISC> T2> Bazooka>

M3 [DO NOT UPGRADE! see spoiler]>

Grenades> Rifle (if you do not already have 3) > T3> Greyhound>

After the Greyhound hits the field, pull back the M3. It's not going to be a combat unit from this point forward.

[M3 - Ambulance Upgrade]> BARs (DO NOT GET DOUBLE BARS YET!) > Engineer> Muni Surplus (see spoiler) > [Double BARs for all riflemen]> Demolitions Package (ditto) >

--------------------------------------------------------

To recap the build for visual coherence's sake:

T1> Rifle> Mortar> [Scout Recon Upgrade]>...

1. Rifleman> ISC> T2> Bazooka...

OR

2. T2> Bazooka> Rifleman> ISC...

OR

3. Rifleman> Rifleman> Grenades> ISC> T2> Bazooka>...

...M3 Halftrack> Grenades (if not already teched) > Rifle (if < 3) > T3> Greyhound> [M3 - Ambulance Upgrade]> BARs > Engineer> Muni Surplus> [Double BAR riflemen]> Demolitions Package>

--------------------------------------------------------

After this it's really a matter of playing to what's on the field. If you're really behind on fuel, an AT gun is probably a good idea. If not, another rifleman squad can help (another 30 muni saved). If you see guastatori, you need a sniper at some point so you can drop models off them at range.

But you really won't want to be spending any extra fuel until the hellcat. I'm debating whether or not it's a good idea to go for Advanced Logistics before the hellcat, but I'm not sure. On one hand, 25% cheaper reinforcements. On the other, getting rushed by axis tanks.

After the first hellcat, however, I think it's safe to get Advanced Logistics, and probably warranted by this point. If you're REALLY REALLY hurting bad against axis tanks, then another Hellcat might have to come first.

Survival Upgrade is the last thing you want to upgrade. 10 HP per model isn't going to make the riflemen INSANELY more tanky, but it helps late game.
5 Oct 2023, 21:49 PM

Maybe people are going to try bazooka squad with the jeep nerfs, bazooka squad price decrease, and 250 buffs.
7 Oct 2023, 16:16 PM

Point here is, USF is super vulnerable to early LVs, bazooka squad is garbage, at best it will just somewhat protect you from dives, but besides 250 flame-pio clown car, there is nothing what will dive you, rather will snipe you from range. Rifles with sprint and AT nade will usually be more of threat then zooka squad.

The whole ready aim time really makes the bazooka squad a nonissue on the field tbh. I just had some success with a 4 riflemen ISC build with early Adv. Logistics into SSF and then Hellcats. Basically muscling the enemy off the field with waves of riflemen. You can't suppress everyone lmao. Breach makes this strat actually viable in 4v4.

The only issue with breach is you can't effing cancel it, which is so silly when the squad you're "breaching" literally walks right through the front door past you and you're sitting with your hands in your pockets still throwing the nade in.

Would make more sense if you just instantly garrison the building if they abandon it tbh. Though that would look kinda stupid.

Maybe just speed up the animation a bit or something?

EDIT: I'm still not high rank enough to encounter the people sniping from afar, it's mostly gung-ho axis players who run at you and rely on their overtuned units to do all the work.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★