Login

russian armor

Orders don't work.

6 Sep 2023, 15:37 PM

Sorry, but I have to try and gather some feedback for this.

Is it just me or does 30% of what you ask your troops to do, just not happen?

• For example, tab between 3 units and right click to move them somewhere - at best, 1 or 2 of them will go.
  • Throw a grenade (in range) - 50% chance it just won't happen (also impossible to tell if you even clicked the button since the icon highlighting is 99% invisible).
  • Sometimes all my units seem to just issue themselves stop commands.
  • I've even had cases where the audio queue plays ("on the way to capture the point") then the unit still remains standing.
  • Sometimes I build units or select upgrades, the button clicks, but when I go back later it hasn't upgraded.

Is this to do with the fact that I'm in South America and have lag? Or is everyone getting this?

Without wanting to exaggerate this literally makes the game unplayable, along with the 1-second lag on every order, and useless UI, it takes 3 seconds every time you issue an order to watch and see if it actually worked or not.

By which time your unit is dead, enemy tank has escaped, or you're 10 seconds behind because that unit remained standing at base the whole time.
6 Sep 2023, 18:39 PM

Of all the things I could say about CoH 3, at the very least I could say it was usually pretty responsive outside of giving attack orders to casemates (though that's since been improved), so my final answer is latency.
9 Sep 2023, 17:51 PM

Huh. Well, thanks for that.

I'm surprised because several people have said to me in game that they have the same problem, but maybe it's not as common as I thought.

Still, I have the feeling that the netcode just doesn't do any double-checking at all, so just doesn't work on high-latency / lossy connections (insert TCP vs UDP meme.jpg)
9 Sep 2023, 19:05 PM
Donator 11

I'm experiencing the same things from your list these last 3-4 days. Very frustrating
9 Sep 2023, 19:05 PM

Game have super serious ping problems, if you are playing teamgames its not uncommon to have players from US, China and Europe be in same match.

You better always spam your commands, because usually there is high chance they wont work. Its especially noticable with abilities like snares\nades when you can have VO played that you used the ability, but it wont be used.
12 Sep 2023, 01:13 AM

Attack commands and move commands are essentially a 50/50 toss up whether your units decide to act on them. Problem is compounded in urban maps where one slightly off center click means your unit decides to spend 10 seconds entering or exiting a garrison instead of positioning themselves to not get shot in the ass.
12 Sep 2023, 04:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2023, 17:51 PMEuan
Huh. Well, thanks for that.

I'm surprised because several people have said to me in game that they have the same problem, but maybe it's not as common as I thought.

Still, I have the feeling that the netcode just doesn't do any double-checking at all, so just doesn't work on high-latency / lossy connections (insert TCP vs UDP meme.jpg)

After having played a bit more, I can say that my units receive their move orders pretty consistently, but I find myself giving AT grenade orders multiple times, since units seem to just not receive them sometimes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★