Login

russian armor

[Mod] M83 Mine Drop demo

19 Aug 2023, 01:36 AM
19 Aug 2023, 04:31 AM

I like the anti-handling fuse better than the impact fuse. Cool demonstration. Hopefully there isn't any weird interplay between different permutations of when upgrades are purchased (I.E. 10% muni cost reduction of a fully upgraded drop being worth more than if you purchased it before fully upgrading the amount of mines dropped.)
20 Aug 2023, 15:39 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I like the anti-handling fuse better than the impact fuse. Cool demonstration. Hopefully there isn't any weird interplay between different permutations of when upgrades are purchased (I.E. 10% muni cost reduction of a fully upgraded drop being worth more than if you purchased it before fully upgrading the amount of mines dropped.)

Thanks, it should work fine since they all affect the same ability. "Apply modifiers" to the same ability though I do wonder about the Engine's "Order of Operations."

Side note, you can now play around with it along with every other change in my mod.
21 Aug 2023, 09:50 AM

I find this mechanism more interesting than the current blow up stuff one.
You might want to change the in game name of the ability though since "cluster bombs" seems confusing.
21 Aug 2023, 20:01 PM

On one hand it seems interesting, on the other it seems to be fairly weak for 200 muni even fully upgraded. At 145 muni still seems meh but would be very spammable, the best case would be to use it in the retreat path of a blobber as it will be to late to do anything at that point and entire armies could get wiped. However, if they activate like S-mines they can easily get removed by tanks or even LV for little reward.

Is it possible to switch it to the 30 muni mines? Say 5 to start with and bump it up from there. That way it would be anti-everything but not overly punishing against infantry unless you retreat extremely low model squads thru the area.
22 Aug 2023, 01:57 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2023, 09:50 AMVipper
I find this mechanism more interesting than the current blow up stuff one.
You might want to change the in game name of the ability though since "cluster bombs" seems confusing.

Technically it is accurate but you are right. Changing the name to cluster mines should be good.
22 Aug 2023, 02:07 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

On one hand it seems interesting, on the other it seems to be fairly weak for 200 muni even fully upgraded. At 145 muni still seems meh but would be very spammable, the best case would be to use it in the retreat path of a blobber as it will be to late to do anything at that point and entire armies could get wiped. However, if they activate like S-mines they can easily get removed by tanks or even LV for little reward.

Is it possible to switch it to the 30 muni mines? Say 5 to start with and bump it up from there. That way it would be anti-everything but not overly punishing against infantry unless you retreat extremely low model squads thru the area.

The designed for I have for the US faction is quite absurd. The ability is a 0CP ability. ALL abilities are 0CP. You invest your CP's to either improve the quality or reduce its cost and cool down. This is suppose to mimic Ardennes Assault Campaign where you spend your requisition for upgrades. You can access it immediately but a premium. Additionally, it is a click and go compare to say an S-Mine field with no board posts. Of course there still need to be adjustments for everything. Every single US doctrine now sports this motif. This more of the tame abilities. Additionally, the rest of the doctrine has to be taken account for it is an outlier doctrine where the other abilities do not have reduced cost of its abilities in the other slots. This doctrine makes that the supply trucks, which replaced the cashes, provides more resources.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 45
South Africa 2
Germany 737
Peru 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %