Login

russian armor

game crash

5 Aug 2023, 02:19 AM

I'm using an AMD Radeon R9 200 Series. I had been playing CoH3 since it came out, with the message coming up saying that my drivers are outdated. I thought nothing of it, since the game would play fine, and my drivers were all up to date. Since the latest patches though, the game will crash pretty regularly. Anyone else experiencing this ?
5 Aug 2023, 10:40 AM

What OS are you running?

The last patch created a bug that crashed a lot of PCs. The hotfix supposedly fixed a terrain loading issue. You should have downloaded hotfix 1.2.2 which fixes that issue.

DumaisTV was saying he had an issue since the last patch that was not necessarily game related. In Windows 11 settings System > Display > Graphics > Default Graphics Settings you can toggle GPU Scheduling and Optimizations for windowed games. The Optimization for windowed games was the issue I think. If you toggle this and it works, you can set it up to only work on the Coh3.exe in the previous screen.

I was not paying much attention to DumaisTV when he explained it so it is the rough idea.

Good Luck
8 Aug 2023, 00:53 AM

this is unbearable. I think I'm among the few who actually was enjoying this game without (too much) bitching. Now it fucking crashes every goddamn time since the last patch. Running Win10, no recent changes to my configuration.
8 Aug 2023, 01:35 AM

this is unbearable. I think I'm among the few who actually was enjoying this game without (too much) bitching. Now it fucking crashes every goddamn time since the last patch. Running Win10, no recent changes to my configuration.

Try reverting to previous graphic drivers maybe? Very easy to do on the AMD software website.

And I assume you already tried super basic stuff like steam file verification or a fresh reinstall
8 Aug 2023, 07:25 AM

On reddit I saw someone saying that his shit keeps crashing since the new update and he is on "old AMD" hardware. Whatever that means.
8 Aug 2023, 13:17 PM

I have AMD GPU, and game runs mostly fine for me. But I have a newer one.

Your options are pretty much
1) Either setting game on lowest of the low and try to see if it helps, if yes, then something in config casing crashes.
2) Try disabling everything AMD related features in control centre, it might aslo work.

If nothing works, well I guess you better off looking for answer on redit\steam forums because if fix exists it might be more specific.

But considering your GPU is very old, it wont be a surprise if recent patch just broke the game for you, because relic had changed rendering in the game or something, so you might want to wait for next patches and report your problem to relic support\discord.
9 Aug 2023, 17:17 PM

Yeah, I'm not happy about it, but I guess I'll get a new card since CoH is all I play.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 102
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment