Login

russian armor

PC Gamer article about "Live Service"

20 Apr 2023, 13:46 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Live servisse keeps killing modestly successful multiplayer games, and it doesn't have to be this way

https://www.pcgamer.com/live-service-keeps-killing-modestly-successful-multiplayer-games-and-it-doesnt-have-to-be-this-way/

To compete in a post-Fortnite world, your game had to release cosmetics weekly, develop limited-time events that'd make headlines, create a 100-tier battle pass, and above all else, be free-to-play. The 12-week season became the six-week season with an extra "midseason" content drop. In-game events became out-of-game opportunities to sell double-priced skins that can't be earned with in-game currency. Fortnite is everywhere in everything, and not even pre-Fortnite games are immune. Those older games listed above? They all have battle passes now and all went free.

...The problem is live service only really works for always games, because it requires that people are always spending Money.

20 Apr 2023, 16:56 PM

QUOTES:
"A fool and his money soon part."
"Don't start none, won't be none."

MEMES:
"Do you want to be screwed, 'cause this is how you get screwed."
"This is fine."

If I were King I would not lock up the people pushing these schemes, I would lock up the morons who fall for them.

I always joke, "Hitler had the right idea, he just went after the wrong people."

Oh no, he said the H word! I cant focus on the sentiment I am too triggered by the H word......someone hold me....
21 Apr 2023, 06:09 AM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2023, 16:56 PMRosbone
I always joke, "Hitler had the right idea, he just went after the wrong people."

Controlled oppositions is far more dangerous than some supervillains.
These controlled oppositions (divide and conquer) will become the nr.1 truthbombs that will shock the masses as they learn about their enslavement (true tyranny playing both sides).

For clear proof of controlled opposition, just look at the history of the Federal Reserve Act in 1913.
Mandatory reading for all students in America should be G. Edward Griffin - The Creature From Jekyll Island and free lectures you can find anywhere:
https://www.amazon.com/Creature-Jekyll-Island-Federal-Reserve/dp/091298645X

The name itself (Federal Reserve System) is misleading with 100+ years of false advertisements and building an army of corporate shills/praetorian guards.

That's right, North America is quite literally hijacked by controlled opposition (corporate banking cartels).
US = We The Corporations, not a country.

Truth;
"Live by the sword, die by the sword"

21 Apr 2023, 08:42 AM

For some reason I now find it hard to imagine you communicating without the various posters, gifs and visual aids, i'm sure it happens though. 10/10 post as usual.
21 Apr 2023, 10:17 AM

ROLLERBALL
21 Apr 2023, 11:24 AM

*western life service model keeps killing the games.

Check out Monster Hunter Rise and World to see how proper life service should look like.

Its unsustainable model for the long run, because playerbases are bleeding fast from these games and small core of hardcores is not able to sustain development needs of them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★