Login

russian armor

Breach ability kills full health MG crews

12 Mar 2023, 12:14 PM

I find this happens when the enemy uses the Breach ability. Twice now when the enemy infantry breached the building my MG team was in (the MG crew was trying to reposition and that allowed the infantry to close in), the enemy inf. reduces the MG crew down to two barely alive members who leave the MG behind and run out in Retreat mode, but then run all the way off map, because they have no weapon anymore. Breach on MGs in buildings is a guaranteed wipe and destroys the weapon, so no re-crewing.

This happen to anyone else?
12 Mar 2023, 12:42 PM

this may be true, but who uses breach anyway?
12 Mar 2023, 13:10 PM

Its a garrison clear ability.
Its intended to kill everything in garrison and put your guys instead.
It has long animation and extremely obvious warning icon and it requires specific squad to get to the door of the garrison.
12 Mar 2023, 13:29 PM

This is a bug (I guess) and it happens with MGs in any garrison from any arty, not only from breach.

I've witnessed it dozens of time already, especially when I play UKF, since they have shit ton of call-in arty.
If MG is in garrison and being hit by pretty much any call-in arty, gun itself will be destroyed like 99% of the time, making MG crew just retreat off the map.

12 Mar 2023, 16:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2023, 13:10 PMKatitof
Its a garrison clear ability.
Its intended to kill everything in garrison and put your guys instead.
It has long animation and extremely obvious warning icon and it requires specific squad to get to the door of the garrison.

I understand it is intended to push out garrisons, but is it actually meant to kill ALL the garrisoned units? That seems a little too strong. I think it would be better if the breach ability triggered a little more quickly, but only killed half the squad and forced them out of the building.
12 Mar 2023, 16:41 PM

I understand it is intended to push out garrisons, but is it actually meant to kill ALL the garrisoned units? That seems a little too strong. I think it would be better if the breach ability triggered a little more quickly, but only killed half the squad and forced them out of the building.

If previous tech and gameplay tests are any indicator, I'd say yeah, its supposed to be cinematic squad wipe, given how breach with flamer takes longer time then just flaming the squad inside to kill it.
12 Mar 2023, 21:01 PM

As far as I know breach is meant to expel unit not kill them so this is probably a bug
12 Mar 2023, 22:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2023, 21:01 PMVipper
As far as I know breach is meant to expel unit not kill them so this is probably a bug

If it was, it wouldn't give you a long, distinct warning about it, you would just get in and expel the squad.
Why play specific, unique warning if there is no threat to the squad?

Edit:
You are actually right on this one, breach deal varied damage depending on squad and will wipe wounded squads instead of evicting them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZtcBTHe3YE
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS