Login

russian armor

My personal 4v4 US build order vs DAK.

25 Feb 2023, 07:36 AM

I personally believe that the current best USF build order against DAK is one that skips both T1 and T3 entirely. Instead, you build T2 first, and use battlegroup doctrinal infantry to fill your roster instead.

Why? Because riflemen get absolutely dunked on by DAK panzergrens. They're like obers on steroids. Why waste manpower on a unit that will become obsoleted nigh instantly anyways?

So, if you aren't building riflemen, it's unnecessary to build T1. Mortar is rubbish against bunkers anyways, and jeep gets curbstomped by 250, so also a waste of manpower.

T3 is also unnecessary, because you basically spend 50 fuel to get pegged by 8 Rads and Wespes. AT gun is useful, but my build order gives you the AT gun without tech, so there is no need to build it.

And what does T2 have? Literally everything else you could ever want until T4; an MG to hold your points, bazooka squad to protect against 250s, a sniper to help bleed the enemy, and finally, the only worthwhile US LVs in 4v4; the half track and both its conversions.

For right now, I'm still trying to test my build order against competent opponents so I can figure out how to make it better, so consider it a work in progress, but here's the general idea:

1.) Choose Airborne battlegroup, unlocking Pathfinders and smoke drop. Reinforce first scout squad, which has now become a Pathfinder squad.
2.) Pathfinder
3.) Bazooka squad -- Best to have a counter to 250s on the field asap.
4.) Sniper -- Paired with the pathfinders to sight, and the bazooka squad to keep 250s away, the sniper seems to me like a good choice for bleeding the enemy.
5.) MG -- To lock down points, etc.

Now, my timing isn't exact here. There might have to be another squad built before this... not sure. Anyways, the idea is that you tech mechanized support ASAP so you can gain access to the M18 AA halftrack.

6.) Mechanized support
7.) AA halftrack -- The AA halftrack is able to deal serious damage to any 250s still harassing you on the field, plus they can deal actual damage to DAKzergrens in tandem with your sniper.
8.) Either AT halftrack OR Ambulancetrack -- The 8 Rad rape car fast approaches your buttocks, so you must field a defense as soon as possible. The AT halftrack has the added bonus of getting a vet zero HE barrage, so I think that it's worthwhile. Now, if you have a brit teammate doing god's work with his AT rifle blob, it would be very kind of you to eschew the AT halftrack and instead build a healing halftrack in order to support their infantry (and your own, or couse).

After this point, the idea is that you hold on for dear life and stay alive until your first sherman hits the field. Between step 8 and 9, I think that dropping a paratrooper squad or two is in order, or perhaps another MG to consolidate your points.

9.) 2 x Sherman
10.) 76mm upgrade
11.) Armor upgrade

76mm Sherman is god. All hail the Sherman 76mm.

Please let me know what you think.
25 Feb 2023, 10:10 AM

I tried a build order very similar to this.

The only problem being if they smoke or flank the MG its gg for most of that infantry.

I usually skip T3 as well in favour of T4
25 Feb 2023, 12:23 PM

Hmm some solid ideas on paper (some which I've tried myself before) but if I was the DAK player, I would probably notice the low manstop power of this build and adapt to that. Convert two 250s to mortar halftracks to smoke or outright wipe your 50cals and then harass with triple pgrens + pak + flakvierling HT
25 Feb 2023, 13:26 PM

As USF your rifles are technically better then DAKs PGs. Especially with build time increase for them.

Your main enemy is flameHT early, if you go for rifle build, if you manage to deal with it, you will have an upper hand for a sold amount of time.

But you dont have option to fuck up, because you will be punished badly.

1) You pick airbone, its the must
a) You either go for path spam into airborn + T2
b) You go for rifles + 50cal drop

Variant A is pretty self explanatory, and but its harder to execute, because PGs can bully Paths, and you pretty much have no means to support them besides investing into MGs\mortars and so on.

Variant B is more interesting, since I was saying rifles trade very well with PGs, you just need to use cover smart and push smart.

1) You go x3 rifles, and when the fighting start you try your best to focus fire SturmPios. And you fit paradroped 50 cal into it. You can get it earlier or a bit later, depending of situation\map.
2) If you see DAK player getting 250 instead of third PG, be ready for clowncar, if you see third PG you have a bit of time window. In any case you need to research nades for stickies, just know your timing.
3) You go for mech company (because come on its the best) and go for quad mount.
4) By that time you probably already killed clown car or it never came, and you play normally.

Also:
1) You can also consider rushing paradrop reinforcements, because this ability is super strong
2) You can also try going path spam + jeeps if maps allows it, because jeeps are very good at killing 250.
3) Worst way to play against DAK, be passive. You need to bleed his MP in one way or another, otherwise he will be teched and buffed like crazy.
28 Feb 2023, 20:40 PM

Here's a link to a game where I do this against an OST who is, to be completely fair, a little asleep at the wheel:

https://www.coh2.org/topic/111224/post-your-coh3-replays-here/post/894183

Still, I think he put up a reasonable fight and imo you can see the strength of this build. Even from a low rank player game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★