Login

russian armor

COH3 reviews are in

20 Feb 2023, 18:27 PM
20 Feb 2023, 18:59 PM

I find myself agree with most of these, Coh3 is excellent from the multi tech test and I expect the final product to be better
20 Feb 2023, 22:10 PM

That's just your run of the mill press shilling, they cream themselves over everything that has "new" and "release" words in single sentence, its not worth even engaging in a read.
21 Feb 2023, 15:45 PM

never read or watch andy media that is business likegame review, news, etc
all trash

look at youtube independent people
you can more trust them
21 Feb 2023, 20:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2023, 15:45 PMReverb
all trash

you can more trust them

Oh I agree but it's also good to Guage the normies
21 Feb 2023, 23:09 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

We can find (in France, not in your country?) some independent YouTuber and also some independent video games press site/journal/magazine (their are few but they exist).
It's not all YouTuber are perfect and all press are evil ^^
22 Feb 2023, 08:40 AM

All round positive reviews, well done Relic!

Hope steam reviews have the same sentiment.
22 Feb 2023, 09:06 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I thought most people here care about multiplayer? That part cannot be reviewed yet.
Many 'professional' games media are okay, but people care too much about scores and too little about the text and then are wondering why the games are not as expected...
22 Feb 2023, 18:42 PM

I thought most people here care about multiplayer? That part cannot be reviewed yet.
Many 'professional' games media are okay, but people care too much about scores and too little about the text and then are wondering why the games are not as expected...

I seen way to many these "gamer" journalists, not even understand the game, much less in Multi-player and even less to gaming community and culture.
23 Feb 2023, 03:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2023, 15:45 PMReverb
all trash

you can more trust them

I like independent bettr too but comparing sources never hurts. Truth often lies in the middle
23 Feb 2023, 08:59 AM

I seen way to many these "gamer" journalists, not even understand the game, much less in Multi-player and even less to gaming community and culture.

Most gamers are casual, they aren't interested in the nitty gritty of a game, all they want to know is if an overall experience in a product is fun/good, We are the minority.

Overall mainstream gaming journalists are fine, and independent reviewers tend to follow the same sentiment as the mainstream apart from being a little more critical.

23 Feb 2023, 16:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Quite a broad topic, but I agree. I did not say that there is no bad gaming outlet, but given the circumstances (needing to review multiple games a week, follow on current games news etc) and cases of actual misconduct aside, many reviews are okay. Obviously, no gaming journalist will beat a really dedicated hardcore fan that spend the last 10 years playing CoH2. Some people just assume that every journalist should be able to sink 200+ hours into the same game while having played the predecessors for even longer, but that's straight up impossible.
My point is that the final score is very weird. You need to know that this journalist cares about similar things as you do. Reading the text gives you insight if that is actually the case or if he is complaining about things that you don't care about or praising things that will annoy you personally.
24 Feb 2023, 06:23 AM

Steam reviews are poor, sadly
24 Feb 2023, 07:29 AM

Read them.
40% of them whines it is not CoH2.
40% of them whines it does not run any good on a PC they have played CoH1 on on med settings 12 years ago.
20% is your classic "iZ eRlY aCcEsS aNd LoOkZ lIkE mObIlE" intellectuals.
24 Feb 2023, 07:51 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's pretty much the same what was criticized before release: graphics, effects, sound.
These are fair points, but sometimes mixed with disappointment that it is just different. Doesn't makw them invalid though
24 Feb 2023, 10:48 AM

It's pretty much the same what was criticized before release: graphics, effects, sound.
These are fair points, but sometimes mixed with disappointment that it is just different. Doesn't makw them invalid though

they become valid the moment you notice that the 3d models of the tanks are reused from coh2, a game from 10 years ago. there is no possible excuse for that and it shows incredible carelessness
24 Feb 2023, 12:31 PM

they become valid the moment you notice that the 3d models of the tanks are reused from coh2, a game from 10 years ago. there is no possible excuse for that and it shows incredible carelessness

Where were these arguments, when CoH2 reused whole animation sets from CoH1?
CoH3 at least was built up from scratch on new engine version, CoH2 was just ported with higher resolution textures and initially simplified stats.

Now, if you really need a good comedy, read all the one liner negatives from people who didn't even finished tutorial mission.
24 Feb 2023, 13:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The question is not if the models have been reused, but if the reused models are outdated. Could they have higher polygon counts and neater corners/edges with 10 more years of graphics development? Sure. But it does not always make sense to improve the complexity of your models, especially if you're not going to see it once you're zoomed out. At this point you'll just increase power consumption on the hardware for no benefit. On zoom-in, you'll probably see some of the rougher edges, but there is good reason for the developer to prioritize performance over that last 10% visual fidelity. You personally might weight that differently and not recommend the game with good reason as well, but that's not the only way.

I would have also expected an overall larger graphics leap, but I don't find the graphics particularly bad. For me it was more the overall art design that was slightly off and did not yield this great immersion that CoH2 had, but this has to do with more than just graphics. I have to say that I did not play the release version and that the data that Relic has put out since then looked promising on the graphics side at least.

I find it quite annoying though that many just jump on one single issue and downvote the game because of that. I don't believe that the e.g. graphic issues are so large that THAT many people find it game breaking. The game is more than just graphics or a couple of models ported from CoH2. They just expected better or something different and downvote in pure defiance.
24 Feb 2023, 13:41 PM

I find it quite annoying though that many just jump on one single issue and downvote the game because of that. I don't believe that the e.g. graphic issues are so large that THAT many people find it game breaking.

You really underestimate how many people play on 10+ year old PCs and blame everything except their hardware for low performance.

Just go to reviews of any game that does not have pixel art graphics and you'll notice the exact same comments on negative reviews, irrelevant hardware, windows 7 and rant how game is "badly optimized" or has "bad graphics".
24 Feb 2023, 14:21 PM

When you zoom in yes, models look much better than coh2.
When you zoom out you see visual mush. It has high resolution but look bad anyway. There were many critic of look at alpha because people say it look "Cratoonish" and it do, but in stead of going in and looking what exactly made it look this, they put blanket desaturate filter on entire game as bandaid. Dumb.
I can very much tell difference between infantry unit in OCH2 by looking at them, they are discernable. In COh3 ever infantry look the same, they blend into ugly grey and tan map too much. Icon colors ugly, tiny and desaturate too.

Every saound voiceline is someone screaming. BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP
BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

etc

Panzer 3 offizer sound like he has some mental condition. make me want to mute game. Eventually game reach point where it is just much of people screaming indiscernabliy. Ugly map, every thing grey, tan or it is grey tan. Cluttered map that serve only visuals, not gameplay.

Huge critic of COH2 was tac map was too small. Ok, here is SIMPLE fix that COH3 will have! Tacmap will be big right? Nope, it is actually SMALLER than coh2. Ridiculous.

Maybe they create everything new for coh3, I don't believe it, everything just look like coh1 unit with higher resolution. Makes impression of game can be cheap and buget.

Interface is cluter mess.
In coh2 you have epic games going 40-60 min that make you SWEAT!
this has most game over in 10 minute. Look so impotent.
Unit is coh1 coh2 have wiegh, they look chunky and metal.
Sound have weight
everything efel strange and bad in coh3, no weiht.

what is even point of this game?
Coh2 very much feel liike new game over COh1, both great.
Coh2 had cover system which was HUGE, more control for vehicle, it have new mechanics that were very important

What does coh3 bring that make it new game beside slight higher resolution?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 45
Germany 737
unknown 18
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L