Login

russian armor

change animations

6 Jan 2023, 19:57 PM

good morning everyone! I was creating a new unit and I have a big question, how can I change the animation of the hetzer?
What I'm going to do is literally copy and paste the:
<instance_reference name="weapon" value="weapon\axis\ballistic_weapon\tank_gun\stug_75mm_mp" />

but I'm missing a step since it does the shooting action but not its animation

6 Jan 2023, 21:08 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The Hetzer model does not have the ballistic weapon animations. However, that does not mean it is not possible at all :)
This guide explains how to remove the visual flame and contains a workaround to add smoke at the turret when firing: https://www.coh2.org/guides/82011/create-the-impossible-with-workarounds-modding-guide
7 Jan 2023, 12:20 PM

Thank you Sneakeye! One last question in the case of the voices since when I use the ones from the hetzer or another okw unit in the wermacht they are not used, how do I solve this?
7 Jan 2023, 16:14 PM
Modmaker Badge

Under sbps>ui>voice there will be different voice codes, these are usually 2 or 3 letters long. Voice codes are faction specific so you'll have to make a separate ui category for each faction. Copy the codes from the German Stug UI and paste them in your custom Hetzer.
9 Jan 2023, 17:38 PM

Under sbps>ui>voice there will be different voice codes, these are usually 2 or 3 letters long. Voice codes are faction specific so you'll have to make a separate ui category for each faction. Copy the codes from the German Stug UI and paste them in your custom Hetzer.

:thumb: Thank you!
9 Jan 2023, 21:25 PM

One last question, in the case of face models, can you use a fixed one that is not random?
10 Jan 2023, 18:20 PM
Modmaker Badge

Yes. I'd suggest you familiarize yourself with World Builder's NIS function. This will save you a lot of time by both allowing you to preview and test specific actions and states of models.

By "face models" I'm assuming you're referring to infantry heads. Normal infantry use the _basehead_mesh state. In addition to these, there's also a few heads for female or cinematic (single player) heads.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 49
unknown 15
Germany 7
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L