Login

russian armor

Stats for usf mortar

10 Jan 2023, 15:09 PM

according to my special statistical analysis: the usf mortar is shit

+ 3
10 Jan 2023, 17:48 PM

I mean Vipper is right that the USF mortar is comparable to the others.. On the other hand it quickly loses its place to paks and scotts. Whenever I am *forced* to get a USF mortar, I never feel like: "this is a worthwhile investment". It's more like: "fucking axis building straight MGs, now I have to build this crap and take up my popcap instead of waiting for something useful".
10 Jan 2023, 19:22 PM

I mean Vipper is right that the USF mortar is comparable to the others.. On the other hand it quickly loses its place to paks and scotts. Whenever I am *forced* to get a USF mortar, I never feel like: "this is a worthwhile investment". It's more like: "fucking axis building straight MGs, now I have to build this crap and take up my popcap instead of waiting for something useful".

But for the M1 to be viable it would have to have superior stats to the other mortars, which it doesn't, or some useful ability like the mortar flare of the PM, but it doesn't have that either.

It's only useful as a last resort, and by the time all the players have solidified their army compositions with support weapons, by which point indirect fire would be useful, the M1 gets outclassed by all the other US indirects.Building a M1 within the first 7 minutes directly interferes with US build orders without offering up any real impact.
10 Jan 2023, 21:13 PM

Exactly this. Even in the nerfed state, it's better to go for a pak howi. The M1 mortar is solely for those teamgame maps where the MG42 rush is OP. Which is most of them. In 1v1, USF does not need a mortar to counter the MG42 as you are solo playing across the whole map. You ain't trying to assault the beach on Rhine where one MG42 can cover both the VP and the fuel point from a perfect green cover position. You either need pathfinders to see the position and flank appropriately, or you go for a mortar.

Purely by stats, M1 mortar is not that much worse than the OST mortar. A bit lower AOE and 5 less range. Nothing extreme. But OST mortar is in a defensive faction with long range stock infantry. 42 vision pio. And a mega-arc MG42. Everything you can hope for, to dig in.
11 Jan 2023, 05:07 AM

Exactly this. Even in the nerfed state, it's better to go for a pak howi. The M1 mortar is solely for those teamgame maps where the MG42 rush is OP. Which is most of them. In 1v1, USF does not need a mortar to counter the MG42 as you are solo playing across the whole map. You ain't trying to assault the beach on Rhine where one MG42 can cover both the VP and the fuel point from a perfect green cover position. You either need pathfinders to see the position and flank appropriately, or you go for a mortar.

Purely by stats, M1 mortar is not that much worse than the OST mortar. A bit lower AOE and 5 less range. Nothing extreme. But OST mortar is in a defensive faction with long range stock infantry. 42 vision pio. And a mega-arc MG42. Everything you can hope for, to dig in.

Not even to mention that apparently a 10 MP discount is sufficient enough to warrant having no special ability.

You know what would be kind of cute? What about sprint, like a timed ability that cancels when in combat? And maybe a reduction in setup time (not teardown, so it can't easily run away from units). I wonder if sprint would even be possible on a mortar. Maybe take an extra 5 range from the mortar in return. A very maneuverable but short ranged mortar seems more thematic. Maybe in an alternate timeline.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★