Login

russian armor

Secret Deflect

12 Oct 2022, 02:21 AM

Hi I remember watching a video (tightropes maybe hans?) in which they showed angling your armour, so the anti tank projectile hits the front corner of your tank, was more likely to deflect the shot.

Does anyone have any info on this? I told my mate and he said they tell you about it in the tutorials or campaign. But I'm not sure about any of this. Thanks.
>inb4 my spelling and grammar
12 Oct 2022, 03:01 AM
Patrion 14

That isn't a thing in either COH1 or COH2. Armor works off of a simple value that is binary, either an incoming shell hits your front armor or rear armor. Angling just makes it more likely for a shell to hit the back half of your tank, IE rear armor. You want to face your targets head on in basically all situations, regardless of tank.

If you want some example of Games where angling is somewhat represented:
War Thunder
Men of War
12 Oct 2022, 03:30 AM

That isn't a thing in either COH1 or COH2. Armor works off of a simple value that is binary, either an incoming shell hits your front armor or rear armor. Angling just makes it more likely for a shell to hit the back half of your tank, IE rear armor. You want to face your targets head on in basically all situations, regardless of tank.

If you want some example of Games where angling is somewhat represented:
War Thunder
Men of War

Thanks I just went through all of tightrope's videos and couldn't find anything. Must have been a fever dream.
12 Oct 2022, 10:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2022, 03:30 AMSocks

Thanks I just went through all of tightrope's videos and couldn't find anything. Must have been a fever dream.

No, it's definitely been in tightrope's tips videos before. It's just that you have it backwards. If the enemy has their tank at an angle to you (I.E. a little bit shy of perpindicular), you can attack ground at the rear half of the tank to get rear armor hits where you would usually be more likely to get frontal hits.
12 Oct 2022, 12:23 PM

"angling" your tank does nothing

always keep your front part of the tank facing the enemy guns, if the sides are exposed, they can hit the rear armor and damage you easier
17 Oct 2022, 03:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2022, 02:21 AMSocks
snip

Here's a quick demonstration vid I made about the whole "angling your tank" thing:

The closest thing I can think of to what you're talking about is maybe parking your tank behind sandbags so scatter shots are less likely to hit. Angling your tank does nothing other than put you at a disadvantage in CoH2, sadly.
17 Oct 2022, 04:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2022, 12:23 PMKatukov
"angling" your tank does nothing

always keep your front part of the tank facing the enemy guns, if the sides are exposed, they can hit the rear armor and damage you easier

In the German Alpha mission, this didn't matter either, there were constant "flank" and "rear" hits even if the tank was strictly frontal to the gun, it would be unpleasant to see this on the release.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★