Login

russian armor

CD Projekt Red Is dead

9 Oct 2022, 07:59 AM
Patrion 310

Commentary from arch warhammer;

CD Projekt Red Is DEAD! Fully Embraces ESG Score And Politics Over Video Games;

As Relic is among Sega's biggest ESG studio this outside investment is the greatest threat not just to CoH3 but to the gaming industry.

As Arch warhammer points out, there is a big conflict of interest with ESG. With this outside investment, ESG studio's such as Relic can't be loyal to CoH3 fans even if they wanted to.
10 Oct 2022, 08:48 AM

Witcher 3 to no longer be fought with a steel and a silver sword.
Both will be gluten-free foam nerf swords.
And all fights will be paused in the middle for a woke public announcement.
10 Oct 2022, 12:32 PM

A true fucking shame.

But it's too early alright. The aggressors always have the upperhand in the first days of war.

Soon all this will be fought with multiple times more force and people. Nobody wants these, and nobody will fight FOR these ideals.

The only people that benefit from woke culture are very few "intellectuals" and some braindead larpers.
12 Oct 2022, 14:33 PM

Hoping the witcher games somehow stay immune to this. More difficult to force 21st century politics into a medieval world, but doesnt mean they wont try
12 Oct 2022, 14:37 PM

Hoping the witcher games somehow stay immune to this. More difficult to force 21st century politics into a medieval world, but doesnt mean they wont try

So are you FOR or AGAINST 21st century retarded politics?

Always start with that so people know what to expect.
12 Oct 2022, 14:44 PM

So are you FOR or AGAINST 21st century retarded politics?

Always start with that so people know what to expect.

Dude.... r u that incapable of reading that u cant tell?

That post clearly shows that i dont want politics in my video games. I dont know how u could possibly be confused about that, hopefully the bold helps u understand

Unreal lmao :rolleyes: But this does explain a lot....
14 Oct 2022, 18:17 PM

As someone who works in finance I feel like I can chime in on this.

ESG investing is literal cancer. It stifles innovation and robs us of many revolutionary products and ideas.

BlackRock (8 Trillion AUM) - yes 8 trillion are as notorious as they come.

We've had drug companies with brilliant breakthroughs on cancer treatments have their business destroyed and their products swept under the rug because a cabal of elite, wealthy, and powerful financial institutions weren't happy with the 'equity' on corporate boards.

When you wield that much power and money it stretches past companies and reaches governments as well. Pretty hard to get funding from an institutional bank to develop your nation if a certain set of ESG quotas are not met. The people/peasants are typically who suffers. (See Sri Lanka).

We need to get back to meritocracy and rid the world of this cancer. Its everyone's responsibility to stamp this practice out in any way we can.
17 Oct 2022, 05:40 AM

CD Projekt Red also shot itself in the foot, they took away the project of next gen porting the Witcher from the Russian studio Saber Interactive Russia, because it is Russian, although it is part of the international Embracer Group. Years of work are simply thrown away. Saber Interactive Russia was fully engaged in this project without the participation of CD Projekt. Saber Interactive Russia had a lot of work with the Red Engine, at the same time, CD Project has few people who can work with the Red Engine and the studio moves to Unreal Engine, this greatly affected the quality of Cyberpunk.
25 Oct 2022, 21:20 PM

I'm absolutely regretting reading comments in this thread. Worst decision after drinking 6 beers last week.
26 Oct 2022, 08:47 AM

I'm absolutely regretting reading comments in this thread. Worst decision after drinking 6 beers last week.

c
o
p
e
26 Oct 2022, 15:38 PM

Whats wrong with not wanting politics in video games? I dont even care what the politics are, i just want games to be an escape from reality, not a reflection of it

And i think that's a pretty common opinion
26 Oct 2022, 18:32 PM

Whats wrong with not wanting politics in video games? I dont even care what the politics are, i just want games to be an escape from reality, not a reflection of it

And i think that's a pretty common opinion

I'm not arguing with the topic itself, in fact, I actually agree with it. The story comes first and if the diversity fits the plot then I don't mind it at all (e.g. Cyberpunk).
All I'm saying is a lot of comments here are extremely dumb. One guy even understood who I was talking about.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★