Login

russian armor

[IGN First] #4 Unit Spotlight

16 Sep 2022, 20:50 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

[...] Company of Heroes 3 appropriately rolls on today with a spotlight look at seven of the game's deadliest units.

Continued: https://www.ign.com/articles/company-of-heroes-3-unit-spotlight-ign-first
19 Sep 2022, 11:52 AM

• 20mm Flak Gun: Uses Saving Private Ryan as historical context on the weapon's ability. Retarded writer whoever that was.
  • 36mm Flak: Played this in Alpha. It was a very decent and likeable mechanic since you must care for a very potent weapon. Agreed it's deadly.
  • 75mm HT: Americans needed a mid game artillery badly. Looks good.
  • Crusader, Matilda, PzIII: very decent vehicles that match very good with the time period. Hopefully, to keep historical context intact, we won't see many heavy cats on NA.
  • Semovente: Historically very well made vehicle, I cannot fathom how it will be used in game.

Unironically good article.
20 Sep 2022, 05:28 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

For the 2cm Flak.
The Privat Ryan portrait isnt that wrong. 2cm Flak gun were often used by units in the heavy ground MG combat role. They offered great firepower and they were light enough to be moved on the battlefield. For that reason e.g. some Fallschirmjäger units (i think it was FJR 6 but i had to look at home in my books) "acquired" 2cm Flak gun before they moved to the Netherlands to fight Operation Market Garden.
21 Sep 2022, 12:41 PM

For the 2cm Flak.
The Privat Ryan portrait isnt that wrong. 2cm Flak gun were often used by units in the heavy ground MG combat role. They offered great firepower and they were light enough to be moved on the battlefield. For that reason e.g. some Fallschirmjäger units (i think it was FJR 6 but i had to look at home in my books) "acquired" 2cm Flak gun before they moved to the Netherlands to fight Operation Market Garden.

I know all that bro.

I just find it silly to give a movie as a historical context.
21 Sep 2022, 15:18 PM

Who said it was historical context? It's just "hey remember that scene in the movie?".
7 Oct 2022, 08:34 AM

• Crusader, Matilda, PzIII: very decent vehicles that match very good with the time period. Hopefully, to keep historical context intact, we won't see many heavy cats on NA.
But meanwhile the Black Prince is okay? You know the vehicle that makes even less sense and completely shifts tank balance? All while Tigers actually fought in Tunisia at the very end of the NA campaign? Ok.
7 Oct 2022, 11:52 AM

But meanwhile the Black Prince is okay? You know the vehicle that makes even less sense and completely shifts tank balance? All while Tigers actually fought in Tunisia at the very end of the NA campaign? Ok.

who's going to tell him
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS