Login

russian armor

Coh2 not launching

24 Apr 2022, 10:33 AM

I got a friend of mine coh2, but sadly he wont get past the loading screen above it just stays stuck. We already valididated the game files several times/un&reinstalled the game. The game does seem to be working on his older laptop, but not on his newer pc.

tech gods plz help :mellow:
24 Apr 2022, 11:51 AM

Perhaps the drivers are not up to date? Commonly overlooked on new computers.

24 Apr 2022, 12:27 PM

Had this problem on my past laptop.
The game ran well for months, then I went on to reinstall it to the SSD. I installed it, poof; It either:
Bugsplat on startup with the log saying that some billboard was missing or sth (not the ad-billboard, but the always-facing-camera billboard)
OR
Stuck on that screen like in your case. Everything was updated and nothing was changed besides the installation being on the SSD. When I uninstalled, I also used Revo uninstaller to find registry entries and hidden undeleted files so that I really do COMPLETELY uninstall COH2.

What I tried: Verifying plenty of times, reinstalling plenty of times, clearing the "Company of heroes 2" folder in My Documents/My Games
Deleting random files and verifying. Run as Admin. Different launch options...

What helped: I think constant reinstalling helped solve it. It was completely random. Don't think anyone can guess why sometimes COH2 starts normally, and other times it will continue bugsplatting or infinite looping.

Here are my configuration .lua files from the COH2 folder: https://www.coh2.org/file/20181/settings.rar

Extract them into the MyGames/Company Of.../ folder. Replace with the current system and user config lua. Maybe it helps. I know that games like Command And Conquer and BFMEarth had such problems where some systems didn't want to or couldn't write a proper system configuration report to adjust settings, meaning the games never launched.
24 Apr 2022, 12:59 PM

Had this problem on my past laptop.
The game ran well for months, then I went on to reinstall it to the SSD. I installed it, poof; It either:
Bugsplat on startup with the log saying that some billboard was missing or sth (not the ad-billboard, but the always-facing-camera billboard)
OR
Stuck on that screen like in your case. Everything was updated and nothing was changed besides the installation being on the SSD. When I uninstalled, I also used Revo uninstaller to find registry entries and hidden undeleted files so that I really do COMPLETELY uninstall COH2.

What I tried: Verifying plenty of times, reinstalling plenty of times, clearing the "Company of heroes 2" folder in My Documents/My Games
Deleting random files and verifying. Run as Admin. Different launch options...

What helped: I think constant reinstalling helped solve it. It was completely random. Don't think anyone can guess why sometimes COH2 starts normally, and other times it will continue bugsplatting or infinite looping.

Here are my configuration .lua files from the COH2 folder: https://www.coh2.org/file/20181/settings.rar

Extract them into the MyGames/Company Of.../ folder. Replace with the current system and user config lua. Maybe it helps. I know that games like Command And Conquer and BFMEarth had such problems where some systems didn't want to or couldn't write a proper system configuration report to adjust settings, meaning the games never launched.

well guess we have to keep on trying then. We will give this a try then. thx!

25 Apr 2022, 02:04 AM

Does the WARNING.LOG file show anything?
25 Apr 2022, 17:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2022, 02:04 AMRosbone
Does the WARNING.LOG file show anything?

where do i find such file?
25 Apr 2022, 17:45 PM

where do i find such file?

Sorry,

My Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2
11 Jul 2022, 18:03 PM

So few weeks later, kinda gave up, we did one more search for a solution and actually found one:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/231430/discussions/3/1735466157768452555/

Comment 14 --> coh2 doesnt like 240 hz monitors setting up a gamelaunch option restriction to 120 hz in steam fixed the problem.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★