Login

russian armor

USF Pathfinder spam is too efficient (2v2)

PAGES (19)down
15 Apr 2022, 03:08 AM

Can you not rush a p4 you idiots, they have no at lmao your telling me paths now with zookas going to push the p4 back lmao why not rush a werfer or stuka, dumbest shit ive ever hear if they have a paths blob and go direct to scotts, seriously, or make a luchs or 2222??? Last time i checked paths have no snares, not to mention the super snare grens get?
15 Apr 2022, 09:41 AM

Ambo is expensive compared to other healing units, costing almost as much as riflemen and 10 fuel, if this is viable, then the ambulance cost should be reduced

Soviet requires 250mp for healing, at base.
Okw requires an entire tech, or 15ammo per heal.
With 10fuel, USF has mobile healing.
Ambulance comes at Tier0.
Unlimited build.
The only "healing" that able to cap point.
You can share Ambulance (10fuel) to your teammate and still keep 3 medic (250mp) for mobile heal. Unlike Soviet

What else do you want...? Ambulance is the best healing in game.
15 Apr 2022, 09:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2022, 15:08 PMZyllen

Its not weak but its not strong either. and you do miss out on a lot of AI dps if you for panzer commander

because you go for an ability that counters the weapons that counter you

forcing AT guns to move (or risk death) is way stronger than a single MG that might kill two models after 10 seconds of constant firing
15 Apr 2022, 11:44 AM

Uh, what? People do not get Fusies/JLI because they are a Recon Asset... they get them because

1. Minute 0 Snares
2. Longer Range Snares
3. Insane Moving Accuracy/DPS that dumbs down micro
4. For JLI - single handedly wrecking Sections or winning Green Cover Fights
- Bonus for being in Commander with the best off map skill planes.
5. Both are great Sniper hunters due to sniping, cloak, or running and gunning with Fusies

I'm probably forgetting things. Any nerf to sight bonuses wouldn't make them unusable in the least. The sight bonus is literally a huge scoop of cherries on top.

Oh yeah... Fusies have Flares (that rarely need used because they have good sight stock with G43s).

No people get these units for their recon ability. Why do you think this thread exists in the first place? Pathfinders ability to locate static defenses like mg42's is the main complaint for most people. but then again, most people do not adept
15 Apr 2022, 11:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2022, 09:52 AMKatukov

because you go for an ability that counters the weapons that counter you

forcing AT guns to move (or risk death) is way stronger than a single MG that might kill two models after 10 seconds of constant firing

The arty of the panzer commander is rather lackluster as it only gives 5 shells and rarely kills anything, and yet you act like this is the only form of arty in the game. if i wanted to counter at guns i rather use the smokeplain that's available in the same commander. So no panzer commander is a decent ability.
15 Apr 2022, 12:06 PM

Soviet requires 250mp for healing, at base.
Okw requires an entire tech, or 15ammo per heal.
With 10fuel, USF has mobile healing.
Ambulance comes at Tier0.
Unlimited build.
The only "healing" that able to cap point.
You can share Ambulance (10fuel) to your teammate and still keep 3 medic (250mp) for mobile heal. Unlike Soviet

What else do you want...? Ambulance is the best healing in game.

you forgot the 2pop (or 3, don't remember).
15 Apr 2022, 13:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2022, 11:49 AMZyllen

The arty of the panzer commander is rather lackluster as it only gives 5 shells and rarely kills anything, and yet you act like this is the only form of arty in the game. if i wanted to counter at guns i rather use the smokeplain that's available in the same commander. So no panzer commander is a decent ability.

because you think its fine to let your AT guns sit in the middle of artillery fire where two shells can probably decrew a whole ZIS gun, and you can cast it on atg range

you are forced to relocate or lose the AT guns, can you use your brain and realize that moving AT guns mean that the attacking tank gets to ADVANCE? Not get shot at by two whole AT guns?

would you see USF's major walk up and cast artillery on your support weapon and decide to STAY in it? besides, the panzer 4 and king tiger both have exceptionally good anti infantry with their main guns anyway
15 Apr 2022, 15:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2022, 13:55 PMKatukov

because you think its fine to let your AT guns sit in the middle of artillery fire where two shells can probably decrew a whole ZIS gun, and you can cast it on atg range

you are forced to relocate or lose the AT guns, can you use your brain and realize that moving AT guns mean that the attacking tank gets to ADVANCE? Not get shot at by two whole AT guns?

would you see USF's major walk up and cast artillery on your support weapon and decide to STAY in it? besides, the panzer 4 and king tiger both have exceptionally good anti infantry with their main guns anyway

The point i was trying to make and went completely over your head was this: there are far better arty and abilities in the game that can dismantle at lines than panzer commander. thats why its only decent
15 Apr 2022, 15:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2022, 01:42 AMKoRneY

End game vetted 720mp 270 fuel unit with a doctrinal upgrade can see as far as a 280mp tier 0 doctrinal 0cp unit, fair comparison

+100
MMX
15 Apr 2022, 15:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2022, 10:15 AMZyllen

Why get these units in the first place then? they cannot be potent recon assets if they need to be in cover. thats a false statement.

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2022, 11:48 AMEsxile

Stationary vision for infantry has always been bugged back in time when Riflemen had it in I-dont-remember-which-doctrine. O maybe it was also because they needed to be in heavy cover but from memories it was unusable.

I wouldn't say they can't. Spotting scopes work just fine that way and are very much viable, though these are of course vehicle-borne and, thus, easier to utilize due to the higher mobility compared to infantry. Still, if positioned properly stationary recon units can provide great vision (especially those with passive cloak), just not as offensively as PF or JLI are able to do now.

IIRC Volks still get some passive vision increase with vet when in cover (at least according to the veterancy guide), similar to what said rifles used to have. Not sure if this is/was somehow bugged but obviously any ability similar to that would have to be implemented to work properly.

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2022, 11:48 AMEsxile

But in reality I just pointed out the inconsistency in their decision making, same as the damage reduction removed from Ranger and then 3/6 months later given to Gren. Too good for USF but never enough for some other factions. Guess what, people don't use ranger anymore they get shredded by tanks, Path and Scott/jackson all the way now.

I get you and this does sound like double standards... at least kind of. Still, though I'm not 100% sure I'd bet Rangers got compensated by having better RA to make up for the lost DR against small arms (just like Grens, which actually even lost some EHP in the inverse RA-to-DR trade). Now that obviously doesn't help much against tanks as you said, but Rangers also gained access to the beefed-up super zooks in return. High DR on a 5-man squad able to wield 3 of those would be way too much.
15 Apr 2022, 15:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2022, 15:01 PMZyllen

The point i was trying to make and went completely over your head was this: there are far better arty and abilities in the game that can dismantle at lines than panzer commander. thats why its only decent

except these options do not exist in doctrines that offer panzer commander

those doctrines offer the player different strong tools and have no offmap arty, you aren't comparing it to a 10-12 cp 200 muni artillery strike obviously
15 Apr 2022, 16:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2022, 15:37 PMMMX

I wouldn't say they can't. Spotting scopes work just fine that way and are very much viable, though these are of course vehicle-borne and, thus, easier to utilize due to the higher mobility compared to infantry. Still, if positioned properly stationary recon units can provide great vision (especially those with passive cloak), just not as offensively as PF or JLI are able to do now.

IIRC Volks still get some passive vision increase with vet when in cover (at least according to the veterancy guide), similar to what said rifles used to have. Not sure if this is/was somehow bugged but obviously any ability similar to that would have to be implemented to work properly.

Hum, I though Volks vision was always active. But during riflemen's time I recall the problem was about entities and Cover, anyway it wasn't working properly but maybe they corrected it with Volks. Then the gameplay issue with it for riflemen is that you never keep your riflemen behind cover so it was bugged and quite useless at the end.

I get you and this does sound like double standards... at least kind of. Still, though I'm not 100% sure I'd bet Rangers got compensated by having better RA to make up for the lost DR against small arms (just like Grens, which actually even lost some EHP in the inverse RA-to-DR trade). Now that obviously doesn't help much against tanks as you said, but Rangers also gained access to the beefed-up super zooks in return. High DR on a 5-man squad able to wield 3 of those would be way too much.

Have you used them? I did and they simply get shred by tanks. Super zook is useless if you can't shot more than one salvo before retreat, if you manage to get in range and not see your squad got cut in half in the process.
Same reason nobody use Zooks on Para (hint I also trying several times). Super zook is super on paper, useless in game.
Why do you think ppl use zook on path. Because they shoot from a range tanks usually aren't good a killing infantry. Vision here is also key.

One funny thing is today Soviet Atrifles are way better, way more reliable than zook at doing anything vs light and medium vehicles.
15 Apr 2022, 16:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2022, 12:06 PMEsxile

you forgot the 2pop (or 3, don't remember).

We should forget every pros Ambulance has because of 2 popcap.
In a faction that a Sherman can crew-out for a bonus 7 more popcap...
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS