Login

russian armor

Little change for pick up dropped weapon.

5 Mar 2022, 08:38 AM

Could make pick up dropped slot weapon from “pick up” to recycling ammunition?So when you see a dropped weapon on the ground and you not have applicable infantry squad to pick up,you will not waste it and will not worry about wrong operation make your squad pick up weapon you not want.
Also single slot weapon always Germany better than Allied because Germany squad have less member,so most time Allied squad pick up Germany dropped weapon will have big improve,but Germany squad most time will buy new one (For example,PTRS and PanzerSchreck).
I think limit slot weapon only for them own faction will reduce RNG,but pick up will recycling ammunition also give some reward for all Player.
5 Mar 2022, 15:42 PM

dont want to pick up a weapon -> do not pick it up

5 Mar 2022, 16:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Dopped weapons should be destructable like everything else.
The fact that German weapons are usually worth more is offset by the fact that their squads also have more free slots. Picking up a weapon with Conscripts means no seventh man. Picking it up with Grens means you're still able to upgrade your LMG.
6 Mar 2022, 05:04 AM

The fact that German weapons are usually worth more is offset by the fact that their squads also have more free slots. Picking up a weapon with Conscripts means no seventh man. Picking it up with Grens means you're still able to upgrade your LMG.

And I'd rather take a weapon than a seventh man. It's more efficient. I still do not understand why why there is only this option without an alternative.
6 Mar 2022, 11:41 AM

If I say,LMG especially LMG42 for any 6 men squad will be very useful,even Ostruppen...And Soviet squad not have accuracy debuff,cheap 6 men with LMG why you think it worse than 7 men upgrade...
And basic COH2 game rule,4 men with 2x slot weapon when you lost 3 men it will have chance drop weapon,6 men with 1 or 2 slot weapon of course hard to drop,I think this is why already reduce Soviet Guards DP and PTRS and USF BAR drop rate,and I think no reason make single squad too strong,like 2X LMG34 Ober squad ,2x LMG or PanzerSchreck Soviet squad.....
6 Mar 2022, 15:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

And I'd rather take a weapon than a seventh man. It's more efficient. I still do not understand why why there is only this option without an alternative.

If I say,LMG especially LMG42 for any 6 men squad will be very useful,even Ostruppen...And Soviet squad not have accuracy debuff,cheap 6 men with LMG why you think it worse than 7 men upgrade...
And basic COH2 game rule,4 men with 2x slot weapon when you lost 3 men it will have chance drop weapon,6 men with 1 or 2 slot weapon of course hard to drop,I think this is why already reduce Soviet Guards DP and PTRS and USF BAR drop rate,and I think no reason make single squad too strong,like 2X LMG34 Ober squad ,2x LMG or PanzerSchreck Soviet squad.....

Part of my point was that e.g. Grenadiers can always upgrade their MG42 and still pick up a weapon later. With Conscripts, you usually don't have that option. No one keeps a 6 men Conscript around just in case it will be able to pick up a weapon during the game. You usually upgrade them to 7 men right away. 6 men Cons with pick up weapon happen either during the early game when the 7 men upgrade is not available or during the late game when you cannot upgrade (yet) due to munition shortage.
I am not sure about Volks: Are they able to pick up a weapon after being upgraded? Don't think so, but not sure. Anyway, weapon drops happen rarely as OKW since they don't have many units on the field that can actually drop a weapon, like Sturmpios and Obers.
6 Mar 2022, 15:37 PM

Part of my point was that e.g. Grenadiers can always upgrade their MG42 and still pick up a weapon later. With Conscripts, you usually don't have that option. No one keeps a 6 men Conscript around just in case it will be able to pick up a weapon during the game. You usually upgrade them to 7 men right away. 6 men Cons with pick up weapon happen either during the early game when the 7 men upgrade is not available or during the late game when you cannot upgrade (yet) due to munition shortage.
I am not sure about Volks: Are they able to pick up a weapon after being upgraded? Don't think so, but not sure. Anyway, weapon drops happen rarely as OKW since they don't have many units on the field that can actually drop a weapon, like Sturmpios and Obers.

Maybe in 1v1, but in 3v3 or 4v4, conscripts are no more than a starter unit, and without elite infantry there is nothing to do in these modes. So in these modes, a detachment of 6 people completely remains.

I'd rather leave 6 people hoping for something like this:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1832397300868642052/5BEC1715E1D5AACCD83A6D6CB73E3B54BA961346/?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

And I would always prefer at least one DP-27 over the 7th person in the detachment.
6 Mar 2022, 22:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Maybe in 1v1, but in 3v3 or 4v4, conscripts are no more than a starter unit, and without elite infantry there is nothing to do in these modes. So in these modes, a detachment of 6 people completely remains.

I'd rather leave 6 people hoping for something like this:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1832397300868642052/5BEC1715E1D5AACCD83A6D6CB73E3B54BA961346/?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

And I would always prefer at least one DP-27 over the 7th person in the detachment.

Not that I can speak of high rank gameplay, but I find Conscripts incredibly useful in 3v3 because with the amount of artillery around, you have a unit that you can just toss into the points. I wouldn't like to use my Guards for that, they don't offer any benefit against any explosive weapon and Brummbars are more then plenty in 3v3
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★