Login

russian armor

Raid section and 2x Vickers-K upgrade

17 Mar 2022, 13:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2022, 08:29 AMVipper
In addition I did not find it funny, if it included a bartender and parrot it could had been funnier.
Well next time I will be sure to include a bartender and a parrot. My apologies.
19 Mar 2022, 05:50 AM

Nobody does. Just pretend the unit doesn't exist. Or better, pretend commander doesn't exist. Special Weapon or Royal Engi is way better IMO.

Agreed. Raid sections would have been better if they functioned like the JLI/Pathfinder equivalent for the British. Would make the Lee Einfield (old Vet 3 weapon upgrade for Infantry Sections) make a return and would give raid sections a purpose instead of trash rifleman squad that is inferior to Infantry Sections in every way except capping speed.
19 Mar 2022, 05:55 AM

Agreed. Raid sections would have been better if they functioned like the JLI/Pathfinder equivalent for the British.

A fusilier equivalent with snare and a scope lee enfield upgrade will also do.
19 Mar 2022, 06:02 AM

A fusilier equivalent with snare and a scope lee enfield upgrade will also do.

That would be fine as well.
19 Mar 2022, 17:23 PM

Agreed. Raid sections would have been better if they functioned like the JLI/Pathfinder equivalent for the British. Would make the Lee Einfield (old Vet 3 weapon upgrade for Infantry Sections)

Very interesting. I never heard of this. How did it work? Don't tell me it was like the recon upgrade in coh1 haha.
19 Mar 2022, 19:53 PM

Very interesting. I never heard of this. How did it work? Don't tell me it was like the recon upgrade in coh1 haha.

When they vet up to 3, 2 free scoped Einfield was given to the squad with higher accuracy. AFAIK they removed it because they couldn't solve the issue with scoped Einfield taking priority against picked up weapon(like bren).
20 Mar 2022, 02:49 AM

When UKF first came out, if an Infantry Section was to gain Veterancy 3 one of the squad members would be given a free Lee–Enfield rifle (the same one that the UKF Sniper uses but without the scope attached to it)

It was eventually removed because it caused Infantry Sections to do less damage at Vet 3 than at Vet 1/Vet 2.

Once they removed it that was when Infantry Sections became terminator squads and you saw IS spam.

The model for the Lee–Enfield still exists in the game it just isn't used for anything (except for the scoped variant for the sniper)

When they vet up to 3, 2 free scoped Einfield was given to the squad with higher accuracy. AFAIK they removed it because they couldn't solve the issue with scoped Einfield taking priority against picked up weapon(like bren).

I was able to fix it, took a very very long time to figure out how to fix it though.

On that topic though once I was able to figure out how to fix it I was able to create a "smart" target system for Handheld AT Weapons. Essentially Bazooka's, Panzershrek, PTRS etc would only fire if vehicles were in range as to not waste any shots (Due to how frustrating it can be when you attack a vehicle and then one of your guys shoots a random Bazooka/Shrek or whatever at an infantry squad)

20 Mar 2022, 09:19 AM

The model for the Lee–Enfield still exists in the game it just isn't used for anything (except for the scoped variant for the sniper)

UKF sniper uses a Boys AT rifle not a Lee-Enfield.
20 Mar 2022, 12:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2022, 09:19 AMVipper

UKF sniper uses a Boys AT rifle not a Lee-Enfield.

Seconded I was ready to also post that.

22 Mar 2022, 08:24 AM

I was able to fix it, took a very very long time to figure out how to fix it though.

On that topic though once I was able to figure out how to fix it I was able to create a "smart" target system for Handheld AT Weapons. Essentially Bazooka's, Panzershrek, PTRS etc would only fire if vehicles were in range as to not waste any shots (Due to how frustrating it can be when you attack a vehicle and then one of your guys shoots a random Bazooka/Shrek or whatever at an infantry squad)

If so, you are probably the most experts on CoH2 modeling mechanism ATM. Sadly lelic developers won't care much... T.T
23 Mar 2022, 06:42 AM
Donator 22

As someone who uses Raid Sections basically every match, they do have some redeeming traits. In the very early game you are encouraged to be very aggressive and do very well against every axis unit in close-quarters except for Sturmpios.

They however become really obsolete after the mid-game, when you have 5-man Inf sections with Brens, only being able to do something if you combine them with the Officer Charge. If you lose any Raids after like the 4-5min mark then you are better off just getting an IF-section.

And yes you can't replace lost Vickers.

Tactical Support is honestly my fav commander because of the Command tank, and the airdrop is amazing. A cheap AT-gun, normal mortar and 3 "emergency crates" that provide buffs, (for all units allies included).

23 Mar 2022, 09:08 AM

As someone who uses Raid Sections basically every match, they do have some redeeming traits. In the very early game you are encouraged to be very aggressive and do very well against every axis unit in close-quarters except for Sturmpios.

They however become really obsolete after the mid-game, when you have 5-man Inf sections with Brens, only being able to do something if you combine them with the Officer Charge. If you lose any Raids after like the 4-5min mark then you are better off just getting an IF-section.

And yes you can't replace lost Vickers.

Tactical Support is honestly my fav commander because of the Command tank, and the airdrop is amazing. A cheap AT-gun, normal mortar and 3 "emergency crates" that provide buffs, (for all units allies included).

If you do use raid section be aware that their moving accuracy of the Vicker-k is bugged and it is too low. One should probably equip them with Brens instead that are at least cheaper.
23 Mar 2022, 19:28 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2022, 09:08 AMVipper

If you do use raid section be aware that their moving accuracy of the Vicker-k is bugged and it is too low. One should probably equip them with Brens instead that are at least cheaper.

I have actually not noticed that, but since I always use the Officer charge with them mid-lategame. Then you end up rushing to cover and firing from there so I guess it does not matter too much. I don't put Brens on them since then they get inverted damage making them less effective when teamed up with the Officer.
23 Mar 2022, 19:54 PM

I have actually not noticed that, but since I always use the Officer charge with them mid-lategame. Then you end up rushing to cover and firing from there so I guess it does not matter too much. I don't put Brens on them since then they get inverted damage making them less effective when teamed up with the Officer.

Yes if one uses the unit static bellow around 25 units Vivker is better than bren.

Its moving DPS is very low thought, heroic charge can help because it increases accuracy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★