Login

russian armor

Hetzer does not suck; it actually is excellent.

11 Feb 2022, 16:46 PM

• Even if you decide to go the full tech tree, Hetzer is the first medium to hit the field and has a 2 minute window to wreck havoc before shit34 pumps.
  • At Vet1 gets the target size of UC [extremely small].
  • Pair with 1 rak and 2 volks and can tackle pretty much any threat.
  • Blitz trucks from the doctrine actually allows the battlegroup described above to be very combat efficient.
  • Can shred mgs, 82mm spammers, buildings, even ATG if flanked.
  • Can also shred emplacemets.
  • Has actual armor of PzIV and HP of a medium tank whilst costing way less fuel-wise.

Why does this forum consider it "subpar"? Oh yeah I forgot because it is better to stall for PzIVJ which actually makes the enemy player spam snares and ATGs just because of how good it is perceived to be and if you don't micro it to perfection you will get 2v1ed and most likely lose it lol. You are way better as OKW stalling for Konigstiger anyways and have 2-3 raks as AT squads.
11 Feb 2022, 17:26 PM

tldr firestorm is an actually good doctrine and people refuse to acknowledge it, for some reason
11 Feb 2022, 19:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2022, 17:26 PMKatukov
tldr firestorm is an actually good doctrine and people refuse to acknowledge it, for some reason

Yes because people think it's """"""""""""""""""""""pro"""""""""""""""""""""" to follow a shitty meta unquestionably, in this case the meta that "the first medium to hit the field should be a pziv".

KEk.
11 Feb 2022, 19:54 PM

Yes because people think it's """"""""""""""""""""""pro"""""""""""""""""""""" to follow a shitty meta unquestionably, in this case the meta that "the first medium to hit the field should be a pziv".

KEk.

firestorm is meta on certain team mode maps though
11 Feb 2022, 19:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2022, 19:54 PMKatukov

firestorm is meta on certain team mode maps though

maybe so i think against ukf emplacements anyways the original thread was about hetzer specifically
11 Feb 2022, 20:00 PM

maybe so i think against ukf emplacements anyways the original thread was about hetzer specifically

you don't pick firestorm for emplacements, you pick it on urban maps to blob and spam fire leig,

then rush a hetzer and proceed to play normal okw after getting only 1
11 Feb 2022, 20:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2022, 20:00 PMKatukov

you don't pick firestorm for emplacements, you pick it on urban maps to blob and spam fire leig,

then rush a hetzer and proceed to play normal okw after getting only 1

Please do not derail. Original thread is for Hetzer itself, not the general usefulness of the Feuerstorm doctrine.
12 Feb 2022, 09:13 AM

Not excellent, but OK imo. Extremely awkward to use (makes any flank a challenge) + it is relatively slow.
Its timing is indeed pretty good, but it becomes hard to use once medium armor hits the fields. If I had to choose between t34/76 and hetzer, I'd pick t34 any day of the week. Thankfully OKW has access to an actually excellent piece of armor called Panzer IV J
12 Feb 2022, 10:57 AM

Not excellent, but OK imo. Extremely awkward to use (makes any flank a challenge) + it is relatively slow.
Its timing is indeed pretty good, but it becomes hard to use once medium armor hits the fields. If I had to choose between t34/76 and hetzer, I'd pick t34 any day of the week. Thankfully OKW has access to an actually excellent piece of armor called Panzer IV J

Lmao can you read my starting post?

The medium tank """"""""""""meta"""""""""""" that says you should go for a medium tank like P4J or Shit34 to upspike your power is useless to me. And because most people go for that I win 95% of my games with ease.

Having a battlegroup with 2 raks, 3 volks and 1 Hetzer can actually carry you until you can pump out a proper tank (Tiger Ausf. B or if you are desperate Panzerkapmfwagen V "Panther").

The "normal" medium tanks are so microintensive and get so masstargeted by the enemy as to make them completely useless, at least in my hands. Everytime I tried to play like a cuck and rush medium tanks the enemies 2v1ed me with plenty of snares and ATGs.

So in the case of Feuerstorm doctrine, I think it is an excellent alternative. After all, OKW has good tanks but Tiger Ausb. B is THE best tank.
12 Feb 2022, 12:50 PM

Rushing Hetzer is only good if you’re quite ahead, otherwise it does nothing to the T70 that’s tearing you a new a-hole and the incoming T34/85.
12 Feb 2022, 13:39 PM

babble

lmao i thought this was a serious thread

apparently not
12 Feb 2022, 17:26 PM

Lmao can you read my starting post?

The medium tank """"""""""""meta"""""""""""" that says you should go for a medium tank like P4J or Shit34 to upspike your power is useless to me. And because most people go for that I win 95% of my games with ease.

dude, if you can't use p4j, then learn how to play. if you never use it, you'll never understand why people still build it even vs 2 atgs. Just pay attention, never skip the recon with sweeping and cover tanks with the infantry and atgs. My guy, your armor will be gucci after this. Also P4 is harder to kill then a Hetzer and it can deal with medium armor. Just think for a second about this:luvCarrot:
12 Feb 2022, 17:59 PM

Rushing Hetzer is only good if you’re quite ahead, otherwise it does nothing to the T70 that’s tearing you a new a-hole and the incoming T34/85.

I once got totally wrecked by the USF guy who was constantly slapping with his two m8s. I was waiting for a p4j on Els Outskirts. Embarrassing stuff:gimpy:
12 Feb 2022, 18:37 PM

flame hetzer is bad
12 Feb 2022, 20:41 PM

Flame Hetzer is rather useless in my opinion. It is not a bad unit and performs well the issue is that it is not something that you really need with OKW.

Take Soviets for example, if you go for T2 opening or Conscript opening the T-70 fills a nice gap in the anti-infantry department. OKW already does very well with anti-infantry so getting even more anti-infantry through the Hetzer is pointless as it has no utility.

If it had an upgrade to convert it into an anti-tank vehicle or had some form of command aura with it then it would be worthwhile but at the moment the fuel is better spent on other things.

13 Feb 2022, 00:24 AM

Flame Hetzer is rather useless in my opinion. It is not a bad unit and performs well the issue is that it is not something that you really need with OKW.

Take Soviets for example, if you go for T2 opening or Conscript opening the T-70 fills a nice gap in the anti-infantry department. OKW already does very well with anti-infantry so getting even more anti-infantry through the Hetzer is pointless as it has no utility.

If it had an upgrade to convert it into an anti-tank vehicle or had some form of command aura with it then it would be worthwhile but at the moment the fuel is better spent on other things.

the hetzer is alright because it torches infantry alive, but then you realize that both your standard medium tank (p4) and your nondoc heavy tank are infamously known for obliterating entire infantry squads with 1 shell randomly

making the hetzer pointless in most people's eyes
13 Feb 2022, 10:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2022, 00:24 AMKatukov

the hetzer is alright because it torches infantry alive, but then you realize that both your standard medium tank (p4) and your nondoc heavy tank are infamously known for obliterating entire infantry squads with 1 shell randomly

making the hetzer pointless in most people's eyes

A couple of games had P4J wipe a full hp 5 model rifle squad in one shot, on neutral terrain, unclumped. Really don't know how it calculates the AOE damage. Same goes for the King Tiger. It will either miss the whole planet, or it will wipe a full squad.
13 Feb 2022, 12:00 PM

A couple of games had P4J wipe a full hp 5 model rifle squad in one shot, on neutral terrain, unclumped. Really don't know how it calculates the AOE damage. Same goes for the King Tiger. It will either miss the whole planet, or it will wipe a full squad.

Yeah, I once popped HEAT rounds on a P4J and wiped with one shot a ~half heath 5 men tommy squad that had an OK spread. Felt sorry for the guy.

KT's AOE is rather tight for a heavy tank, but it is pretty sharp tho. I does minimum of 36 damage. So if it hits, it's gonna hurt badly
13 Feb 2022, 14:08 PM

The only viable tactic for OKW is to stall for a Tiger Ausf. B ("Konigstiger" is a name given to the machine by later historians, in German inventories it had a name of Tiger Ausf. B) and going for a P4J seriously detriments it.

It is way better to go full tech, put 2 raks and 1 Hetzer (which spawns first) and 3-4 Volks squads and wait till Tiger Ausf. B.

P4J is such a huge target, it will draw every snare and ATG from the enemy.
13 Feb 2022, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2022, 00:24 AMKatukov

making the hetzer pointless in most cucks' people's eyes

Fixed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight