Login

russian armor

Wespe Creation Help Needed

5 Feb 2022, 23:25 PM

Hello all, I'm back with a new post, this time asking for help in creating a Wespe SPG.
It played a rather large role in the real world and so I wish to introduce it to my mod, the SU-76M is the closest model currently in the game, so I've been using that, what has been confusing me are the different animation states. I first used a dummy weapon to replicate how the sexton works, however if the dummy weapon is in the first weapon slot it doesn't trigger the animation for the barrage correctly, as it doesn't raise the gun. What I specifically want to do is:

• Have the Wespe fire 10,5cm shells like the howitzer
  • Have the gun raise and recoil like it should
  • Not have the gun shoot Anti-Tank Rounds

Help would be greatly appreciated as the different Animation and Weapon states are something I cannot get my head around, thank you <444>3
6 Feb 2022, 04:06 AM
Modmaker Badge

It's recommended to learn how to use the NIS function in world builder as this will allow you to preview and test the states, variables, and actions of a blueprint.

There are several reasons why simply moving a weapon from one thing may not apply correctly to another.

weapon\anim_table

The animation table controls what kind of animations a blueprint will use for its weapon. Most of the list is self explanatory in what its functions are. If you've use the sexton_dummy_mp anim_table you can see that most of the entries are blank whilst the su76_76mm_zis-3sh_gun_mp have them correctly filled out.

weapon\fx_munition_name

This is the action that will be played when the weapon hits something.

weapon\projectile

This is the projectile that is used by the weapon. The projectile in ebps must have the correct projectile_ext\launcher_marker otherwise the projectile will start from the 0, 0 point of the blueprint.

weapon\tracking\normal

This is how far and how fast the weapon can turn. You may view the extent of a weapon's tracking in world builder under the variables. Visually, a weapon may not exceed tracking degrees of its blueprint.

The Sexton uses a different system than the su76. Whilst it is possible to replicate it with the su76 it's much easier to just work off of a su76 clone instead.

1. Clone weapon\soviet\ballistic_weapon\su76_76mm_zis-3sh_gun_mp
2. fx_munition_name: shell_artillery
3. Clone ebps\projectile\german_105cm_artillery_mp
4. Replace projectile_ext from su76_at_76mm_shell_mp

These changes will visually have the su76 fire rounds like the lefh.

If you would want the behavior to be more like that of an artillery, keep the projectile_ext and only change the launcher_marker. Weapon\tracking\normal\max_up will also have to be changed to the maximum limit the blueprint can use. Check in world builder to see what it is.
6 Feb 2022, 07:33 AM

It's recommended to learn how to use the NIS function in world builder as this will allow you to preview and test the states, variables, and actions of a blueprint...

I've been curious as to what the NIS function did for a while through my time with mapping, but I had no clue it would ever be of direct help to the attrb editor.

Thank you, I'll try it first thing tomorrow!
7 Feb 2022, 03:41 AM

It's recommended to learn how to use the...

Yep, works beautifully, thank you so much! Got to learn a new feature too which is nice.

A small question on the side though, what about making a vehicle have to set up like a 251/Flak halftrack?

I thought it was as simple as changing the setup and teardown commands but even after looking through the links that the 251/flak has I don't see anything. Maybe I'm missing something, but once again thank you!
7 Feb 2022, 06:41 AM
Modmaker Badge

The flak halftrack, along with some other units, use a dummy weapon which complicates working with them. The dummy weapon is used so the unit may attack move.

The stationary setup behavior for the flak halftrack is located within ebps\action_apply_ext and the weapons. If you look at the 3rd requirement_action in ebps you'll see that the enable_weapon_modifier for hardpoint_02 (its actual weapon) will be enabled if the unit is stationary. You can copy the 3rd requirement_actions to your cloned entity. The flak_ready animator_set_states can be deleted as only the flak halftrack blueprint has these states.

It will probably be easier to clone the dummy flak weapon. For the actual weapon do these changes.
disable_moving_firing: true
non_moving_setup: true

In your custom entity ensure that the dummy weapon is in hardpoint_01 and the real weapon is hardpoint_02. If your entity has other weapons you may add them after this.

I believe setup and teardown are for team weapons only.

This will probably work.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 29
Germany 736
unknown 21
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W