Login

russian armor

Has anyone noticed Grenadiers are really good?

PAGES (8)down
13 Apr 2022, 01:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2022, 20:48 PMKatukov

but actually they come in less soldiers per squad so its natural that they get better quality support weapons too

Vickers is the worst MG in the game and only comes in 4 man. Not only are its suppression stats horrible, it is going up against units that are designed to murder larger model squads from long range, so it will typically get vaporized before it gets anywhere close to suppressing. Squad size isn't a good indicator of how a unit should perform anymore. There are too many pros and cons associated with differing squad sizes.
15 Apr 2022, 21:56 PM

I have noticed that most Ost players are using grens much more now.

16 Apr 2022, 21:23 PM

Grens need a slight price increase. At least 250mp. They're really strong and already have the best snare and none doctrine grenades and LMGs. This is ignoring the fact they already have the best early game none-doc team weapons. That's too many advantages for one faction.
17 Apr 2022, 07:06 AM

Vickers is the worst MG in the game and only comes in 4 man. Not only are its suppression stats horrible, it is going up against units that are designed to murder larger model squads from long range, so it will typically get vaporized before it gets anywhere close to suppressing. Squad size isn't a good indicator of how a unit should perform anymore. There are too many pros and cons associated with differing squad sizes.

I think its because their mainline Section is tough which make up for that. Default Section is better than default Gren and come with a free squad, which MG42 should be better.

Plus, they have non-doc 360 MG called Bofors
17 Apr 2022, 11:24 AM

I think its because their mainline Section is tough which make up for that. Default Section is better than default Gren and come with a free squad, which MG42 should be better.

Plus, they have non-doc 360 MG called Bofors

the sections cost more manpower, are considerably more expensive to upgrade compared to grenadiers, and grens are more efficient out of cover

the bofors is fucking horrible btw, don't use it as an argument
17 Apr 2022, 13:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2022, 11:24 AMKatukov

the sections cost more manpower, are considerably more expensive to upgrade compared to grenadiers, and grens are more efficient out of cover

the bofors is fucking horrible btw, don't use it as an argument

That is simply because you dismiss the T1 and BP1 cost when it comes to grenadiers.

Try playing a grenadier only opening vs IS opening and see what happens.
17 Apr 2022, 14:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2022, 13:39 PMVipper

That is simply because you dismiss the T1 and BP1 cost when it comes to grenadiers.

Do we count Platoon CP cost into Section's tech cost ?
17 Apr 2022, 14:37 PM

Do we count Platoon CP cost into Section's tech cost ?

The debate about tech cost has been going for years while it quite simple.

Either one counts everything or nothing.

Platoon command post cost is only connected to bolster.
17 Apr 2022, 14:56 PM

nonsense talking point, ignored
17 Apr 2022, 15:47 PM

So what happens with nade, weapon rack, bolster, and PCP cost?
17 Apr 2022, 16:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2022, 14:56 PMKatukov

nonsense talking point, ignored

many people ignore the fact that ostheer has to pay 80mp out of the gate to get to grens. i imagine it's probably pretty easy to when you never play the faction
17 Apr 2022, 16:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2022, 16:29 PMKoRneY

many people ignore the fact that ostheer has to pay 80mp out of the gate to get to grens. i imagine it's probably pretty easy to when you never play the faction

And this is somehow a crippling flaw of grens/OST?

You have the best support weapon right out of the gate, it makes sense for your mainline infantry to be delayed/more expensive at a upfront cost(which they aren't, that's why 4 gren builds are so common).

For only 80mp, you don't only get grens but also a sniper that is a pain in the ass to deal with for 2/3 factions of the allies, and the best stock mortar all in the same building.And it's not uncommon to see OST have 3-5 support weapons in the last couple of tournament matches I have watched.

You and the other troll who I won't name are literally grasping at straws, as Katukov said, it IS a nonsense talking point to say "hurrr you have to b-build a 80mp tech structure to get the strongest mainline inf in the game!!"
17 Apr 2022, 17:01 PM

And this is somehow a crippling flaw of grens/OST?

You have the best support weapon right out of the gate, it makes sense for your mainline infantry to be delayed/more expensive at a upfront cost(which they aren't, that's why 4 gren builds are so common).

For only 80mp, you don't only get grens but also a sniper that is a pain in the ass to deal with for 2/3 factions of the allies, and the best stock mortar all in the same building.And it's not uncommon to see OST have 3-5 support weapons in the last couple of tournament matches I have watched.

You and the other troll who I won't name are literally grasping at straws, as Katukov said, it IS a nonsense talking point to say "hurrr you have to b-build a 80mp tech structure to get the strongest mainline inf in the game!!"

Hardly grasping at straws, I'm just stating a fact. Just because you and your noob friend are hammering anti-axis shit all over coh2.org doesn't change that either.
17 Apr 2022, 17:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2022, 17:01 PMKoRneY

Hardly grasping at straws, I'm just stating a fact. Just because you and your noob friend are hammering anti-axis shit all over coh2.org doesn't change that either.

He lives rent free in your head apparently because every other thread you are typing out passive-aggressive remarks to him.Also I'd love to see your playercard.

Anyways, you can't compare bolster/weapon racks/platoon command post because bolster/weapon racks are not actually integrated into the mainline teching of UKF, they are more like mandatory sidegrades if you don't want to get stomped.Grens get free snares out of the gate, MG42 upgrade after teching up with no additional cost and a reinforce reduction at T4 with no extra teching requeired.

17 Apr 2022, 17:19 PM

He lives rent free in your head apparently because every other thread you are typing out passive-aggressive remarks to him.Also I'd love to see your playercard.

Anyways, you can't compare bolster/weapon racks/platoon command post because bolster/weapon racks are not actually integrated into the mainline teching of UKF, they are more like mandatory sidegrades if you don't want to get stomped.Grens get free snares out of the gate, MG42 upgrade after teching up with no additional cost and a reinforce reduction at T4 with no extra teching requeired.

Not passive aggressive. Just straight up aggressive. Unless you thought I was pretending to hide it?

Playercard. What's yours? Wait. Don't care.

Grens get a free snare out of the gate because they have to deal with clowncars and brens. This is basic shit.
17 Apr 2022, 17:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2022, 17:19 PMKoRneY

Not passive aggressive. Just straight up aggressive. Unless you thought I was pretending to hide it?

Playercard. What's yours? Wait. Don't care.

Grens get a free snare out of the gate because they have to deal with clowncars and brens. This is basic shit.

Don’t VGren have to deal with the same thing yet get their snares much later. Also wasn’t originally because Grens were built from base and T1 was needed for MG? So locking snare to T1 used to mean something.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS